E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
TheEnd28

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3 SMG
Gun Show Adventures/Craziness

Well for those not in the MD/DC/VA area, the semi-monthly gun show came back in town in Chantilly, VA. It opened up a 3 PM so I decided to go early and got there at 2. Well there goes that, the line was 400 deep. When they started to let people in at 3, it was well over 1000+. Crowd was insane as were the prices. I was hoping I could score a drum (100 rounds) but at $1000, that was a pipe dream. Drums were $120 back in summer/fall 2012.

Here's what I got:

20 (30 round) Windowed P-Mags Gen 3 that fit both AR and Scar. Now I can interchangeably use my clips between my AR and FN-Scar. They were $40 each one. Before all the craziness, P-Mags (Gen 2) were $20. This was the lowest price around as many vendors had them priced at $60.

500 Rounds Federal .223 FMJ @ $500
500 Rounds 45 ACP
1000 rounds 9mm
For an ammunition total of $1200

There were cheaper vendors for ammo but the lines were ridiculous. Paying a little more meant not wasting an hour in line. There were absolutely no discounts for ammunition as they was no shortage of demand as many of you know.

Basically in and out of there in an hour so I could skip traffic. If it was this bad during work hours, I can't imagine what it will be like on Saturday and Sunday. I'm glad I won't have to go back for a long time.

Now if only I could buy the FN-P90, F2000 or an AK. I'm on a wait list for those puppies. Then I'll have to go back to the gun show for mags.

Anybody else got some gun show stories?

P.S. For those that don't know, the great state of Maryland will not sell any clip over 10 rounds for rifles, so I'm forced to go to Virginia for those. If what the MD legislature and governor have planned for gun control goes through, it will be limited to 7 round mags. Hence my haste in purchasing all of my stuff.
TheEnd28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
You'll probably have more luck with a PS-90 or FS-2000. Just sayin'.

I figured I'm not going back to the gun show until at least June or July. December was my last one. It's generally always crazy, but right now it's just not worth it.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
TheEnd28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
You'll probably have more luck with a PS-90 or FS-2000. Just sayin'.

I figured I'm not going back to the gun show until at least June or July. December was my last one. It's generally always crazy, but right now it's just not worth it.
HAHA!!!! Sorry, so many gun models and numbers swimming through my head I get mixed up.

December's gun show was the first one after Newton, and that's when it went full tilt madness. At least before it was just the MREs that sold out quickly. I used to be able to work around with no problem looking at the unique stuff vendors had. If I don't have to go back I'll be staying away for as long as I can until things settle.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
NOVAbimmer

the "S" models are the civilian versions.

December was reasonably crazy just because it was right after christmas, too, and everybody was blowing their gift money.

But yeah, if I want to pay a dollar a round for 5.56, I'll go to my local shop. 500 rounds for $499.99

They do have a nice FNX-45 tactical I want to pick up. Comes with a canvas case, three mags, cleaning kit, backstraps, and top plates.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
bjo

My Ride: 04 m3, 03 x5, 95 m3
Man, I would have sold you some m855 5.56 for cheaper than that. Pm me if you are interested
Old 02-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #6
HiHoBrian

My Ride: 05 M3
Op,I know that you did what you thought you had to,but simply following the threads here would have saved you at least 50% on your purchases. Using the new ammo tracker site yesterday I saw PMC Xtac was .62 a round,purchasable in 500rd lots,Pmags pop up in stock every week or so. It takes a little time and determination,but the payoff is huge.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Old 02-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #7
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
the "S" models are the civilian versions.

December was reasonably crazy just because it was right after christmas, too, and everybody was blowing their gift money.

But yeah, if I want to pay a dollar a round for 5.56, I'll go to my local shop. 500 rounds for $499.99

They do have a nice FNX-45 tactical I want to pick up. Comes with a canvas case, three mags, cleaning kit, backstraps, and top plates.
Let me know if they have any .45 tacticals in FDE if you don't buy it. I've been looking everywhere!!

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.

Last edited by MpoweredM; 02-09-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1360422596
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
OP

YOU GOT RAPED!

jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpoweredM View Post
Let me know if they have any .45 tacticals in FDE if you don't buy it. I've been looking everywhere!!
They've got one.

I'm hoping my day's TSP money comes through quickly.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
OP

YOU GOT RAPED!

jesus
I concur...freaking chantilly is such a rip off right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
OP

YOU GOT RAPED!

jesus
My eyes got progressively wider after you started off with $1000 for a drum mag.

...jeezus $1/rd for 45? I'd rather take up a new hobby, because anal sodomy via wallet is no fun.

OP is ballin
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #12
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Quote:
They've got one.

I'm hoping my day's TSP money comes through quickly.
Argh! Do want!! I just bought a sig scorpion though. You need to get it! What are they charging?

Quote:
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #13
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnd28 View Post
Well for those not in the MD/DC/VA area, the semi-monthly gun show came back in town in Chantilly, VA. It opened up a 3 PM so I decided to go early and got there at 2. Well there goes that, the line was 400 deep. When they started to let people in at 3, it was well over 1000+. Crowd was insane as were the prices. I was hoping I could score a drum (100 rounds) but at $1000, that was a pipe dream. Drums were $120 back in summer/fall 2012.

Here's what I got:

20 (30 round) Windowed P-Mags Gen 3 that fit both AR and Scar. Now I can interchangeably use my clips between my AR and FN-Scar. They were $40 each one. Before all the craziness, P-Mags (Gen 2) were $20. This was the lowest price around as many vendors had them priced at $60.

500 Rounds Federal .223 FMJ @ $500
500 Rounds 45 ACP
1000 rounds 9mm
For an ammunition total of $1200

There were cheaper vendors for ammo but the lines were ridiculous. Paying a little more meant not wasting an hour in line. There were absolutely no discounts for ammunition as they was no shortage of demand as many of you know.

Basically in and out of there in an hour so I could skip traffic. If it was this bad during work hours, I can't imagine what it will be like on Saturday and Sunday. I'm glad I won't have to go back for a long time.

Now if only I could buy the FN-P90, F2000 or an AK. I'm on a wait list for those puppies. Then I'll have to go back to the gun show for mags.

Anybody else got some gun show stories?

P.S. For those that don't know, the great state of Maryland will not sell any clip over 10 rounds for rifles, so I'm forced to go to Virginia for those. If what the MD legislature and governor have planned for gun control goes through, it will be limited to 7 round mags. Hence my haste in purchasing all of my stuff.

Last edited by GasKing; 02-09-2013 at 10:50 AM.
GasKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #14
Wreckless

My Ride: E60 528xi
Just an FYI, 20 round mags are fine to sell/ buy in MD. For now.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
Old 02-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #15
TheEnd28

Quote:
OP

YOU GOT RAPED!

jesus
Yup and without lube.

Unfortunately the laws in MD are screwed up. Some places will deliver ammo to my house, some will not. I've been reading up and it really depends on the dealer. Also, there used to be a law for Annapolis and Montgomery County, which was struck down years ago, about ammunition dealers having to check ID to sell to you. Stores seem to be exempt from this or have some system in place. Note, they do not check ID when you buy ammo from the store. This was strictly mail order and by proxy the Internet. Some dealers still operate like this even though it was struck down.

All the gun shops near me are locking down ammo and either have raised prices significantly or are limiting purchases to one box only. Walmart in Germantown and Frederick limits you to 3 boxes of any ammo if they can keep them in stock. They usually sell out in hours, and that's during working hours. I'm not sure some of you realize how bad the ammo shortage is around here. People were selling ammo outside of the gun show for $700 for 500 rounds of .223 (the cheap stuff not much better than Wolf, if that) and sales were good (I'm not sure how much of these sales were out of convience though).

For the Magpul clips, I can't use anything before Gen 3 clips. Gen 3 clips are the only ones that work with AR and Scar. It is almost impossible to find any clips for a Scar. Everytime I went to the gun show before, no one had them. Even the crappy 10 round mags were non existent for purchase. I finally found 2 compatible mags from a shop in VA and use the term compatible loosely as while they worked, they didn't lock in properly on the Scar. The Gen 3 lock in smooth as butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
My eyes got progressively wider after you started off with $1000 for a drum mag.

...jeezus $1/rd for 45? I'd rather take up a new hobby, because anal sodomy via wallet is no fun.

OP is ballin
I didn't buy the drum if I wasn't clear in my post. If it was $300 - $400 then maybe. It's more for a novelty than any actual practical use. 100 rounds of ammo strapped to your gun is a ton of weight and effects my aim let alone my stamina to carry the thing around.

And Yes I'm balling.

I have a Desert Eagle just sitting around that I don't take to shoot. It's too expensive to shoot (at $3 a bullet) if you are able to find any .50 ammo. I was only able to find ammo at my local gun shop and picked their only 3 boxes of it. Also it's the most impractical self defense gun as the bullets would go through my walls and kill my neighbor. No they don't sell frangible .50 bullets and yes I have checked around.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpoweredM View Post
Argh! Do want!! I just bought a sig scorpion though. You need to get it! What are they charging?
$1400 for the package
Old 02-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #17
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Op I'll deliver you another 1000rds of federal xm193 for $1000
Btw your in Rockville, check out engage armament they are good ppl

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #18
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Mags are not clips.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
nbtstatic

My Ride: 04-330ci-SMG
OP I think you could really use this:
http://www.gunbot.net/index.php?cal=223556

1. Check "View in stock only".
2. Sort by price per round.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

Quote:
$1400 for the package
Whaaaat!? You better buy it! If not where is this so I can!

Quote: