E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Xi Forum

E46 Xi Forum
The E46 XI was produced from 01-05 in sedan and touring body styles. Powered by either a 2.5L inline 6 in the 325xi or a 3.0L inline 6 330xi. Discuss all thing about BMW AWD E46 'Xi' here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #21
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
Wow. **** me. Just noticed this getting out of my car today. Legit first time I've driven it since the tow....

They better own up to this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1360698316.036881.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	490421   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1360698327.869735.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	490422  

Last edited by TR4G-; 02-12-2013 at 01:46 PM.
TR4G- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #22
ZemogFC3S

My Ride: '02 330xi
You seriously didn't check for bumper damage when you picked it up?
I'm sure its too late now.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #23
TR4G-

I did look. And it looked fine. There was a clean cut on the bottom lip that I missed. And the only reason I noticed it now is because I was driving on the highway doing 70+ and the wind caused the lip to shift out of place.

I'm not a complete retard.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #24
e46alfonso

My Ride: 330xi, focus st
Damn.
e46alfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #25
TR4G-

My father said that either way it wouldn't have really mattered. If I had seen it there in the lot then the whole "towed at owners expense" covers them..... Talked to insurance and they were like yeah if they deny it we can't prove anything.

At least the crack is so perfect that I can clip everything back and it's practically unnoticeable....il have to reinforce it though for highway driving. I'll post a pic of it back together so you can see it was pretty hard to see in the first place.....

Ugh probably wouldn't have happened if my car was stock 4x4 xi height. then again.... It probably would have. They clearly slammed it back down or abused it somehow. Godamn. **** me

I'm going to talk to the apt manager and let him know how sleazy his towing company is so maybe they change companies. Who knows, worth a shot

Last edited by TR4G-; 02-12-2013 at 03:32 PM.
TR4G- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #26
e46alfonso

My Ride: 330xi, focus st
Some dirtbag towed my girlfriends' camry two days ago and he tore up the whole front of her car, from the hood to the bumper. In attempt to cover his ass he later said that the car looked like it had been in a crash, thats why he towed it away. I ended up theratening the whole office and now they are paying for it.
Your car is really low, raise it a bit.
e46alfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #27
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilone View Post
Nope, the dishes are still a mystery doctor stalker. Maybe you can offer something helpful rather than your normal stupid insults that are really just a reflection of you. Imbecile is as imbecile does... I am a little curious (not that it matters one iota and if you actually think that one's profession is a gauge of them as a person, then you are even more clueless and vacuous than you appear and I feel deeply sorry for you), what do you do for a living Copernicus?

I have 1st hand experience with both the Dorman regulators and the so called "generic brakes" which I offered info on. That IS contributing.. hello? If you know anything about E46s, you know that the factory regulators have inherent problems so it should not be a matter of degradation to try another brand, which I have done and will be offering periodic updates as to their performance. If you prefer the OEM problematic ones at three times the price for elitist sake, good for you but more enlightened people such as myself will look for better options and report our findings which according to your brilliant logic, is somehow not contributing lol.

Also as I mentioned before, which you continue to ignore: I do not benefit in ANY way if anyone uses said, above mentioned products. My motives are completely altruistic. I have benefited greatly from this group and will continue to offer help in any way I can.
Wtf kind of moron are you? Why don't you peruse the first ever thread in the xi forum and pay special note to the fifth post.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...+our+own+forum

You're just a parts desk guy. That says everything I need to know about you. I've never met an intelligent one that was worth a damn. Actually, two of the last three BMW parts departments I've visited have offered me a job on the spot! That was before I told them I use to work for BMW. And no I didn't mention that BMW flew me to Munich in 2003 to tour the e46 assembly line. I also didn't mention my graduate degree from the fourth rated college in the world- probably because all my friends did theirs at #1 and #3.

http://www.usnews.com/education/worl...s-in-the-world

I didn't see Pike's Peak Commmunity College or UTI ranked on there, chilone. You're just a punk behind a parts counter with shite opinions. You're not in my league.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #28
chilone

My Ride: 04 330xi, 97 Miata
You're right. I'm not in your league and thankfully so.
chilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #29
chilone

Now that I have a proper keyboard...
Quote:
I also didn't mention my graduate degree from the fourth rated college in the world- probably because all my friends did theirs at #1 and #3.

I didn't see Pike's Peak Commmunity College or UTI ranked on there, chilone. You're just a punk behind a parts counter with shite opinions. You're not in my league.
For an alleged college grad you sure are an illogical dumbass!! You make totally unfounded and incorrect assumptions about someone you know almost nothing about. You don't know me and to suggest that you know anything about me other than the superficial details I've divulged is asinine, unintelligent, arrogant and supremely childish. I'm just waiting for you to tell me that your dad can beat up my dad.. ya cretin!! Does attempting to belittle people on the internet make you feel good? Is that how you get meaning in your life? I'm not concerned about your education or your financial status even though you seem to want to use such shallow criteria to tell yourself that you are in some way better than me (even though you haven't the vaguest concept of either in my case) and the others you insult. The question is, are you a nice person? By all I've seen that would be a resounding NO! I wouldn't cross the street to piss on you if you were on fire. You should be ashamed of yourself strutting around here like you're the be all, end all. You're not special and it's obvious.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #30
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
Wtf kind of moron are you? Why don't you peruse the first ever thread in the xi forum and pay special note to the fifth post.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...+our+own+forum

You're just a parts desk guy. That says everything I need to know about you. I've never met an intelligent one that was worth a damn. Actually, two of the last three BMW parts departments I've visited have offered me a job on the spot! That was before I told them I use to work for BMW. And no I didn't mention that BMW flew me to Munich in 2003 to tour the e46 assembly line. I also didn't mention my graduate degree from the fourth rated college in the world- probably because all my friends did theirs at #1 and #3.

Came across this thread on my phone, don't frequent the XI forums. Don't plan on returning after reading this.

Quite literally the most pretentious douchebaggery I've seen on e46Fanatics. Good for you and your degree. Your degree is better than mine, and likely most of the users on this forum. Hopefully you get your **** together and realize no one will care what your fancy piece of paper says if you're an asshole.

Honestly, you strike me as a 24 year old graduate who's been riding daddy's dime and bought him self a baseline BMW. You also seem like the kind of guy to put on an M3 badge and claim to have a rare AWD M3.

As a note, those of us who are well off don't need to brag about it. Whether you are, or aren't, shut your mouth and have some class and have a little respect.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #31
Kubica

^We're not going to miss you. Read the whole thread. And I was happy to leave it with:

Quote:
This isn't a free-for-all like the general forum. xi forum can still be used for reference, as long as people like you don't muck up the place.

I personally don't want you to feel comfortable posting here. There was no xi forum for nine years and it's doesn't take long to find an old thread where rwd-ers give bad advice to xi guys, wasting their time and money. We don't post in the 'vert or m3 forum, so don't post here.
Try adding something worthwhile or you're just mucking up a perfectly good resource.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #32
chilone

Quote:
^We're not going to miss you. Read the whole thread. And I was happy to leave it with:

Try adding something worthwhile or you're just mucking up a perfectly good resource.
Actually it's you and your mucking that wouldn't be missed.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #33
Kubica

Quote:
Actually it's you and your mucking that wouldn't be missed.
You joined the forum three months ago.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #34
chilone

Quote:
You joined the forum three months ago.
Yep. How long have you been degrading it?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #35
morningisbad

From Kubica's PM to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica
I'm glad insensitive douches like you won't read my posts. I pointed out BMW experience and education. You strike me as a rich guy's little boy!
Oh you mad!

And for the record, I'm 24 years old. Graduated college at the top of my class. Got a kick ass job. Bought my M3. All while living on my own, paying my own way (and often helping friends along the way).

My parents are well off, but they got that way by working hard (Dad's a 20 year disabled army vet). Only money I got for college was 100 bucks for groceries when I left home.

My path taught me to work hard, look a man in the eyes with integrity and never put yourself above another person. I'm in everyone's league.

Last edited by morningisbad; 02-12-2013 at 09:42 PM.
morningisbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #36
chilone

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
From Kubica's PM to me:

Oh you mad!

And for the record, I'm 24 years old. Graduated college. Got a kick ass job. Bought my M3. All while living on my own, paying my own way (and often helping friends along the way).

My parents are well off, but they got that way by working hard (Dad's a 20 year disabled army vet). Only money I got for college was 100 bucks for groceries when I left home.

My path taught me to work hard, look a man in the eyes with integrity and never put yourself above another person. I'm in everyone's league.
Typical!! He PMd you.. Lol
Old 02-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #37
morningisbad

Quote:
Typical!! He PMd you.. Lol
And for full disclosure, my response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica
I'm glad insensitive douches like you won't read my posts. I pointed out BMW experience and education. You strike me as a rich guy's little boy!
Keep it in the thread son...PM's are limited, haha
Made myself laugh, haha

Last edited by morningisbad; 02-12-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #38
bmwbob89

My Ride: M-5 325 X3 528 740
Hey guys don't let one douchebag scare you away. It will be a pretty lonely forum if that happens. I find the ones who think they know it all and are better than everybody else really know very little. Be glad he is not a doctor and could really do some damage. I have been on this Earth a very long time and have seen people like him before. I hate to say he is from the same state as me. Just keep poking at him and enjoy the ride. If nobody asks questions this will no longer be a forum to help others. He thinks he already has all of the answers in life and wants to be here alone. Keep enjoying life and ignore the distractions. It's a short ride!!
bmwbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #39
chilone

Words of wisdom friend :]
Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #40
morningisbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbob89 View Post
Hey guys don't let one douchebag scare you away. It will be a pretty lonely forum if that happens. I find the ones who think they know it all and are better than everybody else really know very little. Be glad he is not a doctor and could really do some damage. I have been on this Earth a very long time and have seen people like him before. I hate to say he is from the same state as me. Just keep poking at him and enjoy the ride. If nobody asks questions this will no longer be a forum to help others. He thinks he already has all of the answers in life and wants to be here alone. Keep enjoying life and ignore the distractions. It's a short ride!!
Well said. I do enjoy poking people

OP, sorry for the thread jack. You clearly got a raw deal...what was the original cause of the tow? Did the landlord ever tell you?

Last edited by morningisbad; 02-12-2013 at 10:01 PM.