E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
KINGAMR

My Ride: M3
DTM Fiber Werkz 1 Piece Front Lip Review

After experiencing terrible service and empty promises from Iconz Wheels for a 1 piece lip, I decided to get a refund and shop around. My buddy suggested looking into DTM Fiber werkz selection of lips. I spoke with Ary over there to find out more about the CSL style 1 piece lip. He mentioned that they sold quite a bit of this lip without any complaints about fitment. After a few more questions, I ordered 2 of them. One CFRP for myself and one FRP for my buddy Rares. Ary was kind enough to give us a discount for ordering more than one. He was very helpful in offering tips to mount the lip also. I definitely felt comfortable giving him our business after the horrible experience with ICONZ wheels.

Below is the breakdown of my experience:

Link:
http://dtmfiberwerkz.com/access/piec...nly-p-571.html
Delivery: The lips showed up 2 days after I ordered/paid for the product. 10/10
Packaging: They came wrapped well without and damage to the box or the products inside. 10/10
Finish: The CF weave was flawless. The lip had a deep shine also. One observation was this lip is at least 3X thicker/sturdier than the ICONZ wheels one piece lip. 10/10
Fitment: After a bit of convincing, the lip fit well at the end. I would definitely give it 8/10. I noticed tiny gaps at the center section that I couldn't do anything about.
Price: Considering how this seems to be the cheapest example of this lip design, there shouldn't be a debate. 10/10
Overall: The experience with DTM Fiber Werkz and the product has been excellent. If I had to do it all over again, i would definitely give them my business. I would recommend them to anybody that is looking for a CSL one piece lip.
Pics:

My buddy Rares who got the FRP lip will also post his experience in this thread. I noticed there wasn't much feedback available about this product. If you have this lip or had it in the past, please post your experience here as well to help members in the future. Thanks for looking!

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
S54Dan

My Ride: '05 M3 '03 ZHP
I had the exact same experience as you. Ordered from Iconz in Nov. 2011 with no delivery scheduled by the time Jan. 12 rolled around. I spoke with Ary and ordered the FRP lip and had it paint matched. Because I used the BMW glue, fitment took a while to cure. I used strong securing tape to hold the lip in place for 24 hours. The lip withstood around 17 days at 140+ MPH on various tracks and is still holding strong.

I cracked it and had it repaired. Still going great although the original crack is beginning to wear through again.

2005 M3 6MT | Weekend toy & Track rat
2003 330i ZHP 6MT | Wife Mobile
1994 325i 5MT | DD
Instagram @S54Dan
S54Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Jesse M

My Ride: 05' ZHP
Looks good man. I have the 1piece cf lip from modbargains. A little more expensive, but I would definitely rate it 10/10.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
wbean

My Ride: 04 Estoril blue M3
can you share how much you paid for the CF lips?
wbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
KINGAMR

My Ride: M3
Thanks for the review s54Dan!
As far as the price, he cut us a break from their website price for getting 2 lips in 1 box sent to the same address. Give Ary a call, he might give you a better price than advertised.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
rares

My Ride: 02 S54
Send a message via AIM to rares Send a message via Yahoo to rares Send a message via Skype™ to rares
Hey guys, just wanted to take a second and add to my friend Amr's thread here since i am the proud owner of the white lip in the first set of pics he posted. We both went in on these lips and have to admit the experience has not been at all unpleasant.
Lips were ordered from the beginning to be fiber-glass and CF. Lips both came in very well packaged as you can see from the pics and then later on mounted on our cars. I personally went with the NON-CF for a couple of reasons:

I had heard of similar lips shattering on the freeway due to 18-wheeler tires sprouting out of nowhere, soooo... i wanted something a little stronger than just CF. Don't get me wrong, the Lip Amr got is just as strong, because the base of it is Fiber-glass.
My other reason was to match some other components on my car that were just black and not cf.

All in all my experience is good. Not amazing, but not in any way horrific. Lip fitment on my car is about an 8/10, and that in majority is due to the fact that i mounted in myself versus having a shop do it. I am happy with it and will most likely rock it until I run into something.

If anyone is thinking of getting one, no reason not to. Lip is strong, fits well, and looks awesome no matter what finish.

I was not as efficient as my friend Amr in documenting my process, but you can get the idea of how it mounts, from his amazing pics. I did manage to squeeze a shot in my school parking lot, Iphone shot, so please do not rely on the quality from that alone.

Hope this offered a little glimpse into what you may expect if you went this route.

Rock on and Be Safe.