E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance
Everything to make your car faster! Air intakes, superchargers, turbos, flywheel & clutch, differentials, chips, short shift kits, exhausts, etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #1
HighBoostin330

My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
|| FS: ESS Tuning Twinscrew Supercharger Kit (TS2/TS2+) ||

For sale is my ESS Tuning Twinscrew Supercharger Kit. The ESS Tuning Twinscrew kit is popular and sought after for its use of the Lysholm supercharger technology and CAD designed intake runners that creates boost the instant the throttle is touched usually reaching full boost by ~2200 rpm - long before a centrifugal supercharger commonly even creates 1psi of boost, resulting in breathtaking low-mid range acceleration and it also removes the need to rev the engine high to get good acceleration.

The intake manifold, supercharger elbow, and power steering reservoir is anodized black and the ESS Tuning logo was machined out of the intake manifold by ESS Tuning. This kit was created from ESS Tuning as a custom stealth kit to make the twinscrew supercharger kit have the same fit and finish from the factory at BMW. It was used to help pass visual inspections should your state require it along with a sniffer like California. The ESS Tuning website no longer offers this visual cosmestic option.

This kit is originally a twinscrew stage 3 kit. My build thread can be found here: HERE. I have the 14PSI (91 Octane) and 15.2PSI (93 octane) pulleys - which are also anodized black. The 14PSI pulley is currently installed on the supercharger. However, the stage 3 kit requires internal engine work such as low compression pistons and ported exhaust ports on the cylinder head.

I am selling this kit as a twinscrew stage 2 (TS2) or a stage 2+ (TS2+). TS2 will be 8PSI (7PSI for an automatic) and TS2+ will be 8.5PSI. The TS2+ will require aftermarket cams and recommends aftermarket headers. I do have for sale the ESS Tuning spec'd Schrick cam with a 248/256 profile.

Power rating of a 330 with the TS2 is (345BHP/317lb-ft. for manual and 335BHP/302lb-ft. for automatic)

Power rating of a 330 with the TS2+ is 375BHP/342lb-ft. Manual transmission only as boost is limited to 7PSI for automatic cars.

As is necessary with ANY used supercharger kit, the DME will need to be reflashed by the supercharger kit manufacturer with their custom software. ESS Tuning is willing to charge the buyer of my kit only $XXX for the DME reflash AND the TS2 or TS2+ pulley/belt. Typically it costs $XXX for just the DME reflash alone from ESS Tuning. This is a bigger deal for the buyer that picks the TS2+ option.

Since my kit is originally a TS3 kit, the buyer will also need to buy the TS2 injectors from ESS Tuning. The TS2 generation 2 injectors cost $359 from ESS Tuning. The TS2+ uses the same injectors as the TS2. I had the generation 1 TS3 injectors, so the generation 2 injectors will be an upgrade since the generation 2 has better atomization and increased combustion efficiency along with smoother cold engine operation when compared to the generation 1 injectors.

In addition, the buyer will need to buy a new paper gasket and Loctite liquid gasket sealer from ESS Tuning for $75. This is used to create an air tight seal between the intake ports of the engine's cylinder header to the intake manifold of the twinscrew kit.

This specific twinscrew kit for sale was for a M54B30 on my 330. From what I have gathered, the difference in the kit between a 325 and 330 is the supercharger elbow for the smaller throttle body in the 325. I do have a spare 330 airbox, throttle body, and MAF that I can include in the kit - if the buyer has a 325. However, it is the buyer's responsibility to confirm compatibility, so please double check compatibility with ESS Tuning for buyers that have an E46 model other than a 330.

Price is SOLD!. It includes shipping costs within the continental US and PayPal fees. I will even include the Stett Performance Radiator Hoses. Item is sold as-is and does not carry any warranty.

The buyer will need to add $XXXX for the DME reflash, TS2 or TS2+ pulley/belt, TS2 injectors, and intake manifold gaskets. This brings the expected cost up to $XXXX. I hope to find a great home for this amazing supercharger kit from ESS Tuning!

Below are pictures of the kit installed on my car. Yes, they are directly off the ESS Tuning website as ESS Tuning was given permission to use my pictures of my car with their kit since it has their stealth kit installed.

Last edited by HighBoostin330; 03-18-2013 at 12:00 PM.
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:40 AM   #2
j_block

My Ride: 2003 325i
Nice kit! GLWS

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer App
Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
TannerT

My Ride: E46
I may be highly interested I just got scammed out of one of these but still want one so bad.

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Bimmer App
TannerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerT View Post
I may be highly interested I just got scammed out of one of these but still want one so bad.

I can back up Brian! Good Guy!
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
Minnoe07

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330Ci
Are you willing to sell the TS2+ components separately and if so, how much? (Pulley and cams)

2004 330Ci 6 Speed; UUC Sway Bars; Powerflex RTAB's and FCAB's; KW V2 Coilovers; 3.38 OS Giken LSD
Z4 Finned Diff Cover; Headers; M-Tech II Rear Bumper and CF Diffusor; CF Trunk; CSL Front Bumper
M3 CF Hood; DICE I-Pod Kit; JTD Rear Shock Mounts; UUC Front Strut Bar; O2 Simulators
ESS TS2 Twin Screw Supercharger

Minnoe07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
TannerT

I think I read through his thread when I was looking into going FI I wasn't questioning him as a person. I am still dealing with the leftovers of the jack wagon that stole my money. If thin kit is around when the smoke clears consider it sold.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #8
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
I think I read through his thread when I was looking into going FI I wasn't questioning him as a person. I am still dealing with the leftovers of the jack wagon that stole my money. If thin kit is around when the smoke clears consider it sold.
Woot you will be happy with the kit if u get it!!!
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:44 AM   #9
HighBoostin330

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_block View Post
Nice kit! GLWS

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer App
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer View Post
Thank you for the rep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnoe07 View Post
Are you willing to sell the TS2+ components separately and if so, how much? (Pulley and cams)
I do not have the TS2+ pulley. If the buyer wants to buy the cams, then ESS will provide the TS2+ pulley and belt when the DME is sent in for reflash. The ESS cams I was thinking about $700 shipped and PayPal fees included. If the ESS cams sell, then this FS thread becomes a TS2.

Quote:
When do you expect the smoke to clear? Would you be interested in buying the TS2 or TS2+ configuration?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #10
spykes

My Ride: 530i
oh wow, what are you going to do next with your car?
spykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #11
TannerT

I would hope soon I am tired of dealing with the mess this a hole created. I would honestly have to think about it. If you want to sell the ts2+ stuff separate that is okay. Would it be $4,200 for the ts2+ ?

Old 02-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
NJfistpumpin

My Ride: 2003 OG M3
Bump for one of the most straightforward and honest sellers you will come across!!!glws Brian
Old 02-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
HighBoostin330

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykes View Post
oh wow, what are you going to do next with your car?
At this point, I have no idea. It is up in the air on what to do.

Quote:
I would hope soon I am tired of dealing with the mess this a hole created. I would honestly have to think about it. If you want to sell the ts2+ stuff separate that is okay. Would it be $4,200 for the ts2+ ?

PM'd you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJfistpumpin View Post
Bump for one of the most straightforward and honest sellers you will come across!!!glws Brian
Thank you very much Jeffrey! Hope you were able to secure those SS headers! Maybe you could pick this up if it is available when your funds are more open.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #14
kfiggins

My Ride: e46 330ci ZHP
oh i want this so badly for my car!!!!!! if only i had the money... maybe i should start an indiegogo for my car hahaha
kfiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #15
Hollywood516

My Ride: 02 330i
What kind of maintenance is needed on a 5 year old supercharger? How many miles are on this system? seems like a lot of money for this set up .. After cams($700) and headers($1000) (in which you forgot to add to expected cost) the price adds up to around the same cost as new TSS2 set up ($6,800) for a 5 year old set up ..
Old 02-14-2013, 01:42 AM   #16
HighBoostin330

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfiggins View Post
oh i want this so badly for my car!!!!!! if only i had the money... maybe i should start an indiegogo for my car hahaha
It does make the car a whole new beast. What surprised me the most was the availability of torque at all points of the RPM range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood516 View Post
What kind of maintenance is needed on a 5 year old supercharger? How many miles are on this system? seems like a lot of money for this set up .. After cams($700) and headers($1000) (in which you forgot to add to expected cost) the price adds up to around the same cost as new TSS2 set up ($6,800) for a 5 year old set up ..
As far as I know, there is no maintenance needed. There is only 25k on my particular twinscrew kit for sale. I know some members on here are well over 100k on their twinscrew kits. My car is not a DD, but more of a project/hobby car. There is a lot of life left in this supercharger kit.

The price I quoted was the price of used Schrick cams. VAC sells a similar setup of cams for double that price and that does not include shipping costs or tax (should it apply) and they may or may not be Schrick cams. http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...set-p2187.aspx

Also, you shouldn't forget you need the cam installation tool to properly index the cam gear onto the aftermarket cams for about $95 (does not include shipping costs). http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...px?Thread=True

No where does it say on ESS Tuning's website that headers are required for the TS2. Exhaust header are only recommended with the TS2+ to maximize the gains from the increased airflow. Exhaust headers are NOT required for TS2.

This specific twinscrew kit also has the black anodizing and the ESS Tuning raised engraving is also machined out by ESS Tuning. This is at least an extra $200 option - not to mention the lead time required to do it. It is a custom option I had ESS Tuning execute for me to allow me to pass California's strict visual inspection during a SMOG check or a police officer's requested visual inspection. I believe ESS only offers the standard satin finish now.

The TS2+ upgrade price is also an extra $495 on top of the $6850 for the TS2. Let's not forget the shipping costs of the kit as well, so let's add another $230 for the shipping costs.

So for the TS2+ from ESS Tuning with my black stealth anodizing, it would cost approximately: $6850+$495+$1400+$95+$200+$230=$9270. So I believe my price is reasonable if you compare it to a brand new kit from ESS Tuning of the same performance stage level and visual modifications.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #17
Hollywood516

My Ride: 02 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
It does make the car a whole new beast. What surprised me the most was the availability of torque at all points of the RPM range.

As far as I know, there is no maintenance needed. There is only 25k on my particular twinscrew kit for sale. I know some members on here are well over 100k on their twinscrew kits. My car is not a DD, but more of a project/hobby car. There is a lot of life left in this supercharger kit.

The price I quoted was the price of used Schrick cams. VAC sells a similar setup of cams for double that price and that does not include shipping costs or tax (should it apply) and they may or may not be Schrick cams. http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...set-p2187.aspx

Also, you shouldn't forget you need the cam installation tool to properly index the cam gear onto the aftermarket cams for about $95 (does not include shipping costs). http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...px?Thread=True

No where does it say on ESS Tuning's website that headers are required for the TS2. Exhaust header are only recommended with the TS2+ to maximize the gains from the increased airflow. Exhaust headers are NOT required for TS2.

This specific twinscrew kit also has the black anodizing and the ESS Tuning raised engraving is also machined out by ESS Tuning. This is at least an extra $200 option - not to mention the lead time required to do it. It is a custom option I had ESS Tuning execute for me to allow me to pass California's strict visual inspection during a SMOG check or a police officer's requested visual inspection. I believe ESS only offers the standard satin finish now.

The TS2+ upgrade price is also an extra $495 on top of the $6850 for the TS2. Let's not forget the shipping costs of the kit as well, so let's add another $230 for the shipping costs.

So for the TS2+ from ESS Tuning with my black stealth anodizing, it would cost approximately: $6850+$495+$1400+$95+$200+$230=$9270. So I believe my price is reasonable if you compare it to a brand new kit from ESS Tuning of the same performance stage level and visual modifications.

thanks for clearing that up for me.. My wife would shoot me (literally) .., GLWS ..
Old 02-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #18
mtnbound
Town Clown

My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer View Post

Free bump for an awesome fanatic and an ridiculously nice kit!
mtnbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #19
Minnoe07

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330Ci
I have over 90,000 miles logged on my TS2 and is still bullet proof. Never had any maintenance or rebuilding other than changing out the oil on the supercharger.

This is a great price for the kit and especially the mileage.

2004 330Ci 6 Speed; UUC Sway Bars; Powerflex RTAB's and FCAB's; KW V2 Coilovers; 3.38 OS Giken LSD
Z4 Finned Diff Cover; Headers; M-Tech II Rear Bumper and CF Diffusor; CF Trunk; CSL Front Bumper
M3 CF Hood; DICE I-Pod Kit; JTD Rear Shock Mounts; UUC Front Strut Bar; O2 Simulators
ESS TS2 Twin Screw Supercharger

Minnoe07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #20
crazyxzer0

My Ride: 2004 330i
Send a message via AIM to crazyxzer0 Send a message via MSN to crazyxzer0
good luck for a local

-Derek
Stoptech Front BBK|M3 LSD|GC Coilovers w/ Swift Springs|UUC TSE3 Exhaust|

My Build Thread
crazyxzer0 is online now   Reply With Quote