E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > BC, AB, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

BC, AB, Saskatchewan, Manitoba
Find other members from your area in the enthusist directory.
AB BC Saskatchewan Manitoba

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #21
drbworld

My Ride: BMW E46 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Where are you located? I'll try the metal masters, they have good reviews and I cannot find any complaints of rattles unlike the Hawk HPS pads I current have that have a few complaints of rattles.

why don't you stick with oem like textar or pagid. even twr would be better imo.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:52 PM   #22
wbean

My Ride: 04 Estoril blue M3
i can get those as well.

textar $64
pagid $80

i'll send you a PM of my number. can always contact me whenever or if you need prices just post on here and i'll get back to you!
wbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:57 PM   #23
wbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Powerd View Post
You mentioned you were a wholesaler for Tirerack.

What is your price for PSSs?

245/35/19
275/30/19
the 245/35/19 is $285/tire + taxes
the 275/30/19 is $368/tire + taxes

we mount 19" wheels for $20/tire if the wheel is off the car.

if it's on the car unfortunately it requires an additional .5 of labour.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #24
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
why don't you stick with oem like textar or pagid. even twr would be better imo.
There's so many options it is honestly confusing. I went with Hawk HPS cause of the reviews and look what happened, they suck!

I'm running Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Street pads in the front cause I got them for a steal ($40). They are supposed to have less initial bite when cold, yet the brakes on this car are already awesome compared to anything I've owned before so I haven't noticed. When warm they grab better than OEM and should be good for a couple auto-Xs and a track day this year.

I'm open to suggestions. I don't mind sacrificing some initial bite for better performance when warm and less dust. Price isn't a concern as long as they are < $100.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #25
///M Powerd

My Ride: 2003.5 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbean View Post
the 245/35/19 is $285/tire + taxes
the 275/30/19 is $368/tire + taxes

we mount 19" wheels for $20/tire if the wheel is off the car.

if it's on the car unfortunately it requires an additional .5 of labour.
Cool, does this include balancing?
///M Powerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #26
wbean

yep for $20 that's tires mounted and balanced!

given that they're under 10" wide. over 10" wide balancing is extra $10/tire because we need use the machine that the bodyshop has behind us.

cheers
Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #27
Noodle555

My Ride: M3 Cabriolet
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=295656

Mods: Clear Bra | Tints | Hardwired Passport SRX | Painted Bumper Reflectors | Keyhole Cover | 6000k Predator Chromiums | 6000k Philips Ultinons | 6000k HID Fogs | Philips Silvervision Corners | OEM LED Tails | Trunk Lip Spoiler | Eisenmann Race | CSL Diffuser | CD/DVD Swap | Small Antenna | Blackout Grille and Gills | Smoked Corners

Mods ready to install: Paddle Upgrade | ZCP Rotors | CF Interior Trim
Noodle555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #28
///M Powerd

My Ride: 2003.5 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle555 View Post
So, per BMW M engineers, If you're a poser you can run other oils. If not, stick with the TWS

LOL
///M Powerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #29
wbean

okay so the question now becomes: if BMW can create this oil alongside castrol, what makes it so difficult for other manufacturers to take the castrol 10w60 and recreate an identical product or similar product that will pass the regulation testing.

what makes anyone think that analyzing and recreating an oil is difficult with today's technology and knowledge? yes the TWS is created alongside the engine, that doesn't mean the technology that was developed into this special oil can't be recreated after the initial creation.

if technology was so proprietary the initial product such as the castrol TWS and BMW M engines, then why is it that other manufacturers can design similar products?

if the US marketing team can suddenly change the "recommended oil" to another variant, what makes the "german market/design team" any different? what if the story lines behind the fact that castrol germany made an exclusive deal with bmw germany and it was a marketing pitch?

can't believe what everyone says unless you tried it is what i'm aiming to reach at.

this is my first fill of the racetech GT1 oil in my M3. i've burned almost no oil and get approximately 400km every tank when the light comes on. I'm at 7000km since my oil change. that is a fact and i think for the $50 in savings i'm going to believe it does the job quite well.

: )
Old 03-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #30
Noodle555

My Ride: M3 Cabriolet
Don't get me wrong, I am very appreciative of anyone trying to save members a few bucks but in my case where I don't ever plan to sell my M, I think based on what I have read I will stick to the oil that was recommended, tried and tested.

My opinion is that if anyone is trying to save $20 on oil then this is not the car for them.

Mods: Clear Bra | Tints | Hardwired Passport SRX | Painted Bumper Reflectors | Keyhole Cover | 6000k Predator Chromiums | 6000k Philips Ultinons | 6000k HID Fogs | Philips Silvervision Corners | OEM LED Tails | Trunk Lip Spoiler | Eisenmann Race | CSL Diffuser | CD/DVD Swap | Small Antenna | Blackout Grille and Gills | Smoked Corners

Mods ready to install: Paddle Upgrade | ZCP Rotors | CF Interior Trim
Noodle555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:27 AM   #31
khr0n1x

My Ride: 2004 CARBON BLACK M3
I used akebono, they're fantastic for the m3! I recommend them over pagid any day.
| VMR V710 Gunmetal Grey 19" |
| Agency Power V1 Exhaust |

khr0n1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #32
wbean

akebono is a fantastic brake pad option.

they're not as expensive as hawks ceramic and makes very little brake dust.

pagid sometimes squeal depending on the caliper you have and rotor you use.