E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
pythonis

My Ride: BMW 2000 323CI
Bits falling off :(

Howdy 46ers,

As we probably have all experienced once or twice throughout our driving experience, Parts of our vehicles may fall off. Today, Part of my car fell off, on a road that claimed the life of the doo-hickey that goes over the fog lamps (R.I.P. Colored Lamp Cover)

So driving back after dropping my girlfriend off, I notice this:

I thought that odd that I happen to drive past here and not see it to start with and then it being the odd black that seems awfully familair.

I grab the piece after looking at my car, drive home and then grab a torch, look under the car and low and behold:

so I assume its a brake cooler that has somehow fallen off and tried to escape, great now to get it back on, but while im doing that, Here is the opposite side:

Is it supposed to be like that? Cause it just seems to be getting air from a big large bit of bumper rather than a large hole in the bumper it could be getting air from, if thats the case I may as well swap them over since one is off

Anyway, Just thought I would let you guys hear my story of why my car was making twice as much noise driving over bumps than normal

~ Pythonis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0312.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	490509   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0313.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	490510   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0314.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	490511   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0320.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	490512  

pythonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
wc325i

My Ride: stick 330
take care bro
wc325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
Tiag46

My Ride: e46
Rep M3 bumper? Not surprised.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
fgin

My Ride: e46 facelift
fanatics correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the brake air ducts from your standard bumper bar is left in there. You need proper ducts that fit the existing bumper bar (M3 rep ?) if you want it to look and work like OEM. Im not sure if the M3 ducts will fit the rep on the wheel well side. When I fitted an Mtech 2 front bar I got OEM break ducts for the Mtech 2 and they fit perfectly. Having said that Im sure a lot of people dont bother with the ducts and remove them altogether and are happy with it. Not sure if that will impact on brake performance so I didnt want to take any risk.
fgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
Tiag46

My Ride: e46
^exactly.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #6
pythonis

My Ride: BMW 2000 323CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgin View Post
fanatics correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the brake air ducts from your standard bumper bar is left in there. You need proper ducts that fit the existing bumper bar (M3 rep ?) if you want it to look and work like OEM. Im not sure if the M3 ducts will fit the rep on the wheel well side. When I fitted an Mtech 2 front bar I got OEM break ducts for the Mtech 2 and they fit perfectly. Having said that Im sure a lot of people dont bother with the ducts and remove them altogether and are happy with it. Not sure if that will impact on brake performance so I didnt want to take any risk.
Oooh, well that makes me feel a little worse now. Replica parts,broken wheels and axles :/ so I need to look into getting M3 brake ducts that hopefully will fit in the gap next to the fog lamp? Or could i just swap them from either side amd get them to point a at the oppening a bit better?
pythonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:09 AM   #7
E46 Coupe

My Ride: Rules1 & 2: S T F U!
You can't swap them from side to side. They hold the front under tray. Get M3 ducts...
Old 02-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
fgin

My Ride: e46 facelift
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 coupe View Post
you can't swap them from side to side. They hold the front under tray. Get m3 ducts...
+1
fgin is offline   Reply With Quote