E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #41
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
My company has manufacturing plants and offices in England, China, Mexico, Thailand, India, and Poland. I may need to consider working abroad for a short period of time.
Do eeeeeet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
I hear ya! It would certainly be a great opportunity to not pass up if it comes your way. Make her work and then take the time in Europe as an "extended vacation". Indulge in beer tasting at the local pubs and enjoy the extensive amounts of amazing scenery and history.
We just started the research process, so things are coming along.....just gotta keep an eye out at some of the big international banks.

Present
2011 BMW 335d - die kohle rollen
Past
2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

1-22-2015 2-45-09 PM
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #42
Lair

My Ride: e90,e90, $5k Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
We don't need them. (nice to have, maybe, but, we will survive fine without them.) There will be other who will avail themselves of the freedoms and opportunities in this country and become rich, greedy b@stards who will stay here and pay their taxes.
aka "PATRIOTS".
Old 02-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #43
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
My company has manufacturing plants and offices in England, China, Mexico, Thailand, India, and Poland. I may need to consider working abroad for a short period of time.
I agree with evolved. Do it! I find living in and visiting other countries to be a blast and a rewarding experience. Just be wary that living overseas for awhile can lead to a phase of temporary withdrawals and a period where you despise the country and culture you are living in. You have a honeymoon phase in the beginning and after a few months can lead to abit of stress. You especially see it more in countries that are vastly different from America. Places like India, China, Korea, etc. But it is temporary.

http://www2.pacific.edu/sis/culture/..._Reactions.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Do eeeeeet!

We just started the research process, so things are coming along.....just gotta keep an eye out at some of the big international banks.
Good luck to you! Hope it works out.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #44
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
And then continue the cycle until the rich finally say to hell with this.
Shall we compare the number of new millionaires/multi-milionaires in the US every year vs the number of people giving up their US citizenship for tax purposes.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Last edited by rdsesq; 02-14-2013 at 10:08 PM.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #45
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Shall we compare the number of new millionaires/multi-milionaires in the US every year vs the number of people giving up their US citizenship for tax purposes.
Short term no.

Long term, who knows what might happen.

"Nowhere in the college process is there any mechanism to talk people out of taking on student loans. It's in the best interest of the school to fill seats and society still continues to blindly believe a college education is the universal path to success."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #46
Carskibum

My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
How would you feel if you were forced to pay proportionally more to support people who don't want to work half as hard of you? I think lair thinks that people are just born with millions, made no effort, and spit on the poor.(might be true in some cases) But anyone making a $400k-$1m per year represents the purest form of America in my opinion. Raised by blue collar workers, these folks learned good work ethic and took it to the corporate environment. Those that achieved the American dream are getting slammed the hardest and that is unacceptable. I can't say I'd ever renounce my citizenship but I can see why they would be bitter.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #47
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
How would you feel if you were forced to pay proportionally more to support people who don't want to work half as hard of you? I think lair thinks that people are just born with millions, made no effort, and spit on the poor.(might be true in some cases) But anyone making a $400k-$1m per year represents the purest form of America in my opinion. Raised by blue collar workers, these folks learned good work ethic and took it to the corporate environment. Those that achieved the American dream are getting slammed the hardest and that is unacceptable. I can't say I'd ever renounce my citizenship but I can see why they would be bitter.
lair doesn't think. that's the problem.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #48
Lair

Quote:
They're bitter because they have to support the country and the people who helped them make their money? How would their lives have worked out if they'd been born in Somalia?

What's wrong with paying for the privilege of living in this country and having the opportunity to make a million bucks? Do you deserve a free ride just because you're successful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
lair doesn't think. that's the problem.
Maybe I should start listening to Mark Levin so he can think for me.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #49
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
A free ride? wtf are you talking about

“I wanted [Jimmy] Carter in and I wanted [Ford] out,” comedian Chevy Chase would later admit of his mocking Ford impersonation on "Saturday Night Live", “and I figured look, we're reaching millions of people every weekend, why not do it."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #50
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
A free ride? wtf are you talking about
You can't even argue with that logic. I don't know any millionaires that didn't work tooth and nail to get to where they are today.....and he has the balls to say that THEY got a free ride?
Old 02-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #51
evolved

I think he's referring to free ride, as in, are they entitled to NOT pay taxes because they are successful.

In all reality, we won't see a mass exodus of the rich. It all comes down to cost. The FB guy, Saverin, was able to renounce because he had zero financial ties holding him here. The guy who owns a multi-billion dollar company that's run domestically? He's not going anywhere.

Present
Past
2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

1-22-2015 2-45-09 PM
Old 02-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #52
Carskibum

My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
They're bitter because they have to support the country and the people who helped them make their money? What do you mean help? These aren't CEO's. I'm talking about VP level folks, successful small businesses. Their work came on their own back. How would their lives have worked out if they'd been born in Somalia? They weren't. They were born in the middle class in the USA?

What's wrong with paying for the privilege of living in this country and having the opportunity to make a million bucks?Nothing. But why pay proportionally more? Everyone else had the same opportunity by being born here? Do you deserve a free ride just because you're successful?Who said free ride? The working Upper class is what carries this nation. Income from salary instead of mostly investments.

Maybe I should start listening to Mark Levin so he can think for me.
Some notes above.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #53
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
I think he's referring to free ride, as in, are they entitled to NOT pay taxes because they are successful.

In all reality, we won't see a mass exodus of the rich. It all comes down to cost. The FB guy, Saverin, was able to renounce because he had zero financial ties holding him here. The guy who owns a multi-billion dollar company that's run domestically? He's not going anywhere.
They pay taxes. They pay 500%-1000% more property taxes on their mansions. Their 20% income tax is STILL more money than middle class earns in 15 years. The sales tax they pay on goods far exceeds the middle class, since they purchase more expensive items, etc etc etc. Again, there is a big difference between not paying taxes and getting fleeced.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-15-2013 at 01:17 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #54
evolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
They pay taxes. They pay 500%-1000% more property taxes on their mansions. Their 20% income tax is STILL more money than middle class earns in 15 years. The sales tax they pay on goods far exceeds the middle class, since they purchase more expensive items, etc etc etc. Again, there is a big difference between not paying taxes and getting fleeced.
You can't compare the dollar amount that they pay, it all comes down to percentage.

They pay more in property tax because they have mansions in expensive neighborhoods.

They pay more sales tax because they buy more stuff.

However, these same taxes encumber the middle class property owner/consumer.

Edit: To be clear, I wasn't agreeing with what Lair was saying, I was just clarifying how I interpreted it.

Present
Past

1-22-2015 2-45-09 PM

Last edited by evolved; 02-15-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #55
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
You can't compare the dollar amount that they pay, it all comes down to percentage.

They pay more in property tax because they have mansions in expensive neighborhoods.

They pay more sales tax because they buy more stuff.

However, these same taxes encumber the middle class property owner/consumer.

Edit: To be clear, I wasn't agreeing with what Lair was saying, I was just clarifying how I interpreted it.
I understand. What Lair fails to understand is if that goes away. I agree, the US will probably be fine in terms of wealthy people (unless the country really goes down the tubes) but on a state level, you are seeing it now. Companies and people are buggering off to states that don't rob them blind. California will be a wasteland if they continue on their path. The rich pay, and they pay plenty.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-15-2013 at 01:24 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #56
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Do you honestly think the majority of 400K+ earners came from blue collar families. Do you think Zuckerberg's family was blue collar when, his college prep school tuition alone cost $35K a year. Yes, some did come from blue collar roots, but, most came from a reasonably privileged childhood, and you know it.

And what about those people who are working just as hard or harder, because they are working two jobs, most of which are manual labor, janitorial, etc. And you are demeaning those that are working their 40-50 hour per week jobs. Do you think those folks don't work hard? Most folks ain't sitting around on their a$$ eating bonbons. They are working, trying to feed house and cloth themselves and probably their children. Trying to give their kids a better life than they had. Trying to give their kids the opportunity to build a better life for themselves and have opportunities they never did. To demean their work, that they are somehow "less pure" America is utter rubbish. Don't forget that while this country was
built partly on those hard working folks that learned a good work ethic and took it to the corporate environment. It was also built on the backs of slave labor, unfair and unsafe labor practices, and plenty of people who busted their a$$es to barely scrap by.

Try living without facebook for a month and try living without refuse collection for a month. Then tell me who is more valuable. Zuckerberg making his millions a year or the sanitation worker making $40K-$70K year paying less of a percentage in taxes than Zuckerberg.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Last edited by rdsesq; 02-15-2013 at 02:43 PM.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #57
Lair

I don't understand why anyone would defend a piece of shlt that wants to leave the country that made them wealthy - just because of taxes.

They knew the rules when they started playing the game, and now that they've used this country to make a fortune, they want to take their money and leave?

Get THE F*CK OUT. Don't come back.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #58
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I don't understand why anyone would defend a piece of shlt that wants to leave the country that made them wealthy - just because of taxes.

They knew the rules when they started playing the game, and now that they've used this country to make a fortune, they want to take their money and leave?

Get THE F*CK OUT. Don't come back.
The rules changed. The OVERtaxation, the constant villification, and the constant fleecing is enough for many to take their money and park it elsewhere. Do don't seem to be this fired up about the second amendment, which would make you a "patriot" but yet you criticize those that have paid this country's bills, and refused to get hosed for all the hard work they have done over the years. I don't see you fired up about the deadbeats milking the system. Seem to me you're in the wrong country comrade.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #59
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Do you honestly think the majority of 400K+ earners came from blue collar families. Do you think Zuckerberg's family was blue collar when, his college prep school tuition alone cost $35K a year. Yes, some did come from blue collar roots, but, most came from a reasonably privileged childhood, and you know it.

And what about those people who are working just as hard or harder, because they are working two jobs, most of which are manual labor, janitorial, etc. And you are demeaning those that are working their 40-50 hour per week jobs. Do you think those folks don't work hard? Most folks ain't sitting around on their a$$ eating bonbons. They are working, trying to feed house and cloth themselves and probably their children. Trying to give their kids a better life than they had. Trying to give their kids the opportunity to build a better life for themselves and have opportunities they never did. To demean their work, that they are somehow "less pure" America is utter rubbish. Don't forget that while this country was
built partly on those hard working folks that learned a good work ethic and took it to the corporate environment. It was also built on the backs of slave labor, unfair and unsafe labor practices, and plenty of people who busted their a$$es to barely scrap by.

Try living without facebook for a month and try living without refuse collection for a month. Then tell me who is more valuable. Zuckerberg making his millions a year or the sanitation worker making $40K-$70K year paying less of a percentage in taxes than Zuckerberg.
How much money is generated by Zuckenberg (and the resulting tax revenue) vs your garbage man friend?

Oh, and I hate to break it to you, but more than half of this country doesn't have city garbage pickup, including my town....the 2nd wealthiest area in the state. We have to pay for private companies to pick up trash for us here.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #60
Lair

I keep forgetting that you hero Galt types did it all by yourselves - no help from anyone or anything. You dropped out of Mom's vag and immediately started making money out of thin air.

No infrastructure, no opportunity, no nothing but your own two hands.

Right?

I'm a commie because I think rich pricks should pay their fair share?

OK. I'm a commie. Now pay your taxes or gtfo.