E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Get girlfriend to loose weight?

There was a thread about this and one of the suggestions was to make it something you do together. I've been working out with her lately an average of 3 days a week. I go until i can't go anymore. Although I lift weight. She mostly does cardio. I don't really believe she is going as hard as she needs to be in order to she'd weight. I think this is because she doesn't know the correct exercises to loose weight in the belly. Neither do I.
Can anyone recommend specific exercises that will rid weight in the belly area? How long will it take before weight actually starts to drop? She eats good but is there any specific diet she should follow?
These are all questions that I'd like to answer for her but I don't know the answers.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
piledriver
&
whatever it's called when you lift her up and she arches her back, that one.
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #3
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
For the record, I realize I spelled lose wrong every time in that post as well as the title
Can't fix it on my phone

Last edited by peytonracer4; 02-16-2013 at 02:17 AM.
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
There was a thread about this and one of the suggestions was to make it something you do together. I've been working out with her lately an average of 3 days a week. I go until i can't go anymore. Although I lift weight. She mostly does cardio. I don't really believe she is going as hard as she needs to be in order to she'd weight. I think this is because she doesn't know the correct exercises to loose weight in the belly. Neither do I.
Can anyone recommend specific exercises that will rid weight in the belly area? How long will it take before weight actually starts to drop? She eats good but is there any specific diet she should follow?
These are all questions that I'd like to answer for her but I don't know the answers.
Proper diet is going to help her most. Define "she eats good"..
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #5
IrunBimmer

My Ride: 323i
Go on morning jogs with her. Set yourself a pace and she will match it.
IrunBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Also, be sure to tell her she's looking good. Don't forget that...that's really important.

Have you tried rock climbing with her? Not only fun, but builds trust...if you don't fn forget to hold the rope while she's falling!

That's the only real help I can offer. Oh, and don't risk a relationship over a few pounds. And, I'm sure the advice above is all valid too.

Maybe ask her if she'd be willing to pose for a semi-nude photo for Fanatics, and the guys will rate her on her progress and cheer her on?

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
What about the huge variety of exercise classes? My wife hates spending 45 minutes on an elliptical because it's boring, but, she loves HIIT, yoga classes, spinning, etc. She used to be a ballet dancer/instructor and recently found a workout class that combines HIIT and ballet moves. It's gotta be entertaining/motivating for anyone to stick to it. Dmax is also 100% correct......compliment, compliment, compliment.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
Adamo99

My Ride: 330Ci vert
It's all about diet. If she cuts out alcohol, caffeine, breads, pastas, rice, oils, sugar, and salt- the weight will come off even if she never steps foot into a gym again.
Adamo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to choleaoum
+1 I have been trying to get my gf to tone up. She doesn't understand the concept of body fat percentage. But since she doesn't workout. So i threw out all the junk in the house and left only the healthy **** like brown rice, frozen chicken breast and veggies. Hopefully she isn't cheating and going to McDonald's.

There are those who are blessed and can eat like **** and just train twice as hard.
choleaoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
sweetbro858

My Ride: BMW
Excuse level: unheard of.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #11
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
There is no such thing as targeting fat loss. Fat is lost in a similar fashion as a snowman melts.

Women have a harder time losing the weight than men. She needs to eat healthy and continue the cardio. Have her stop eating past 8pm.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #12
Jesse M

My Ride: 05' ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by choleaoum View Post
There are those who are blessed and can eat like **** and just train twice as hard.
Or the people that eat like **** and don't gain a single pound. I've got a few friends like that.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #13
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
That's not an example of being blessed. Training twice as hard is exactly that.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #14
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
There is no such thing as targeting fat loss. Fat is lost in a similar fashion as a snowman melts.

Women have a harder time losing the weight than men. She needs to eat healthy and continue the cardio. Have her stop eating past 8pm.
Good analogy. I don't really agree with the eating past 8pm thing but imo in most cases it will help. Not because of the time of night but because it just means she'll be eating less calories by default.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
benzedid

My Ride: 2001 BMW E46 318i
Send a message via Skype™ to benzedid
From what I've noticed, when you're over 25 years old, everything that you eat gets a more direct impact on your body fat percentage. I used to eat like a pig when I was below 25 years old and never get fat. But now I'm on diet.

benzedid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzedid View Post
From what I've noticed, when you're over 25 years old, everything that you eat gets a more direct impact on your body fat percentage. I used to eat like a pig when I was below 25 years old and never get fat. But now I'm on diet.
At 34, I haven't experienced that at all. In fact, I'm in the best shape of my life NOW (..I look better, I'm stronger, I'm faster, I'm more agile, etc.), and I eat whatever I want......whenever I want. I'm sure that there is scientific proof of some physiological change, but I can't say that it has noticeably affected me one bit. I think activity plays more of a role than anything else.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 02-18-2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Auto-save 1361210785
Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #17
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Your life is almost guaranteed to be much more stressful later in life as well. Your testosterone is dropping, and you most likely have chronically high levels of cortisol (stress hormone) which works to aid fat retention. Activity levels drop more, perhaps with you even taking notice
Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #18
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
There is a lot of pretty silly advice in here btw. My gf lost 10 lbs just by eating my home cooked meals majority of the time, doing Zumba twice a week and counting her calories to make sure she was in a deficit. And there has been plenty of drinking, pizza, etc in there as well. And bacon...mmm bacon
Old 02-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #19
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
+1 I have been trying to get my gf to tone up. She doesn't understand the concept of body fat percentage. But since she doesn't workout. So i threw out all the junk in the house and left only the healthy **** like brown rice, frozen chicken breast and veggies. Hopefully she isn't cheating and going to McDonald's.

You should be more concerned about her cheating on you since you threw away all her junk food.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Your life is almost guaranteed to be much more stressful later in life as well. Your testosterone is dropping, and you most likely have chronically high levels of cortisol (stress hormone) which works to aid fat retention. Activity levels drop more, perhaps with you even taking notice
Who?