E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #21
pawelgawel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: This is LONDON??
Posts: 935
My Ride: 330CI
OP she can't target a specific area only.. just like mentioned above its like a snowman melting, you begin to loose in all areas. some more then others.

Cardio and choosing when to eat the high carb foods is most important. You can practically eat anything you like as long as you choose the appropriate time and exercise.

Its basic math.. at the end of the day, burn more then you consume and you will loose the extra weight.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #22
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Who?
Men in general.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #23
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,794
My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Men in general.
Ehhhh, I don't really allow myself to fall into all of those social suppositions. My life can't get any more stressful than it is now (..barring some major life changing events.....which could happen to anybody regardless of gender), and I doubt that I'll have high levels of cortisol making me fat. In fact, life is going to get EASIER once I retire. My activity won't drop either unless I become phsycially impaired. If I'm posting on this website when I'm 50, I'll still have abs and you guys will still be saying, "You're a beast!". I absolutely refuse to allow myself to deteriorate because of my own doing. I know a lot of "older" guys who are in awesome shape, and have fitness levels well beyond that of their younger counterparts.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 02-18-2013 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Auto-save 1361216765
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #24
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Ehhhh, I don't really allow myself to fall into all of those social suppositions. My life can't get any more stressful than it is now (..barring some major life changing events.....which could happen to anybody regardless of gender), and I doubt that I'll have high levels of cortisol making me fat. In fact, life is going to get EASIER once I retire. My activity won't drop either unless I become phsycially impaired. If I'm posting on this website when I'm 50, I'll still have abs and you guys will still be saying, "You're a beast!". I absolutely refuse to allow myself to deteriorate because of my own doing.
that's why I said men in General. Take 1000 1 year old "men" and ask measure test, activity, stress etc, then ask a 45 year old man.

It's good that most of us here will not be the norm. Most 45 year old men I see are big slobs lol.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #25
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Good analogy. I don't really agree with the eating past 8pm thing but imo in most cases it will help. Not because of the time of night but because it just means she'll be eating less calories by default.
It is so hard to convince a women to eat more to lose more weight lol.
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #26
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Who?
The average joe in his mid 30s
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #27
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,794
My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
The average joe in his mid 30s
I think portions of that statement are grossly exaggerated.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #28
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!
 
choleaoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,733
My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to choleaoum
I wish she would try and cheat on me. I'll take the house and the car.
choleaoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #29
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I think portions of that statement are grossly exaggerated.
I tend to agree.

Later in life you have more responsibiity usually equals more strees which equals less physical activity which equals more fat. I am in the 5% of people that look better than I did 10 years ago that I know lol. Most people let themselves really go.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #30
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,794
My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I tend to agree.

Later in life you have more responsibiity usually equals more strees which equals less physical activity which equals more fat. I am in the 5% of people that look better than I did 10 years ago that I know lol. Most people let themselves really go.
I'd argue that most people who "let themselves go" were never really "there" in the first place. They were just youthful and benefitting from the faster metabolism.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 02-22-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1361555393
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #31
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I'd argue that most people who "let themselves go" were never really "there" in the first place. They were just youthful and benefitting from the faster metabolism.
Most yes. Get out of so cal and come to my town in NY. You'd be more likey to find a $20 on the ground than 10 men over 40 in a mall without 25 extra pounds on them.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #32
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,794
My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Most yes. Get out of so cal and come to my town in NY. You'd be more likey to find a $20 on the ground than 10 men over 40 in a mall without 25 extra pounds on them.
I do agree that living in SoCal skews things for better or for worse.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #33
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I do agree that living in SoCal skews things for better or for worse.
I remember when I first moved to San Diego and walked through the Fashion Valley mall I damn near had a heart attack. Every girl was good looking. If their face wasn't pretty they had a nice body at least. There was a one armed girl in Sephora that I fell in love with. I figured everything else was good and she had to have love self esteem because of it. I figured the worst thing that would happen was that I'd have to help her unbuckle my pants.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #34
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,794
My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I remember when I first moved to San Diego and walked through the Fashion Valley mall I damn near had a heart attack. Every girl was good looking. If their face wasn't pretty they had a nice body at least. There was a one armed girl in Sephora that I fell in love with. I figured everything else was good and she had to have love self esteem because of it. I figured the worst thing that would happen was that I'd have to help her unbuckle my pants.
Did you smash?
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #35
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Did you smash?
No. I never said a word to her. hahahha
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use