E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #41
///MPR77

My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRarp View Post
The key to proper troubleshooting is doing the steps in order.

Correction:

The key to proper troubleshooting is doing the correct steps in order.
Yes. You start at the source.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Bimmer App

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #42
taibinhvuong

My Ride: E46 99' 328i
All in all, everybody is helping OP here, some may get it right this time but wrong on other times, and bottom line, nobody's suggestions will be right at all time, there's no point and no need for argument about this matter.

OP, your battery was quickly or instantly discharged due to your wrong hooked up, but most of your components are still be proctected because they have diodes for protection to block out any current flows in case polarity is reversed connected, and chance that your battery is still useable, just give it a good overnight recharge to try out and don't just throw out a $165 battery without thoroughly tested it out.
taibinhvuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #43
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
Taking credit for another's thinking seems fitting for you.
oh and now you accuse me of taking other people's credit. that's a good one.
you've gone from annoying to just plain pitiful.
you're just trying so hard now to "deflect" from looking a bigger fool, yet you keep doing more damage.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #44
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Told you you'd fight to be the last post.
Three sentences with no content.
Get a life and move on.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #45
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
You're asking for praise for a lucky guess rather than proposing a systematic troubleshooting approach?
How much of a jackass approach would your method be if dealers had their mechanics guess at what was wrong and replace parts on that basis rather than troubleshoot the car first and then replace only bad parts?
Parts replacement artists are not valued by real mechanics.
FYI batteries can be load tested rather than "throwing parts at a problem", or his original suggestion to try jump starting the car would suffice. A real mechanic would know this.

Quote:
Told you you'd fight to be the last post.
Three sentences with no content.
Get a life and move on.
Just stop, you've become the jackass you claiming others are. Take your own advice, shutup and move on.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #46
geoffriehl

My Ride: 2001 330ci ZSP
well guys, hate to bring up an old thread but I did this last night -- Im going to back to her now to put in a new battery.....light a candle for me, I will report back!

fancy M3 steering wheeL, 19's, clear lens set

stock otherwise

geoffriehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #47
Joshwa1234

My Ride: 2003 330I Sedan
good luck hope it works for you let us know
Joshwa1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #48
geoffriehl

Yea, replaced the battery, fired right up. Just had to clear all the dtc's I set by screwing with it: lesson here? Slow down and take your time!

stock otherwise

Old 03-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #49
dknightd

My Ride: 2002 330 cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffriehl View Post
Yea, replaced the battery, fired right up. Just had to clear all the dtc's I set by screwing with it: lesson here? Slow down and take your time!
good lesson
dknightd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #50
madunix

My Ride: Silver 01' BMW 325ci
Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App
madunix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #51
geoffriehl

Wow, my d-bag alert just went off

stock otherwise

Old 03-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #52
lcoleman

My Ride: '79 Massey Ferguson
Once again, charging it back up probably would've worked.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #53
geoffriehl

well yea, im gonna charge it back up and re-use it....

stock otherwise