E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #21
ChrisRedmon

My Ride: 2002 PY ///M3
I pay for pretty much everything. She surprises me at work with food all the time though. Don't get me wrong, she tries to pay. Just doesn't succeed.

Quite literally no way i wont be sailing in beaver that night.
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL/GTR Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk & Diffuser l Status Gruppe Sec. 3 l Custom Rear Brace l Rear Seat Delete l Coby Wheel Products

ChrisRedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #22
Mayo

My Ride: CBR600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Women demand equal pay under the basis of equality.

Women expect men to pay for all their meals on the basis of chivalry.

Oh the irony.
She offers to pay pretty much every time...even when I'm paying for like $2 parking she offers. I probably pay 80% of the time. Gets expensive though. I can see that percentage moving closer to 50% over time.

Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #23
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoFreaknWhite View Post
I only pay when its going out on a date, or someplace nice. She pays for herself every other time outside of that. I think that's reasonable.
So instead of paying the whole bill and alternating every few times she'll bust out a $20 and toss it in with your money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRedmon View Post
I pay for pretty much everything. She surprises me at work with food all the time though. Don't get me wrong, she tries to pay. Just doesn't succeed.

Quite literally no way i wont be sailing in beaver that night.
It's sad if you think that's the reason you're "sailing in beaver" and even sadder if it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
She offers to pay pretty much every time...even when I'm paying for like $2 parking she offers. I probably pay 80% of the time. Gets expensive though. I can see that percentage moving closer to 50% over time.
It definitely should. How long are you guys together?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #24
ChrisRedmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
So instead of paying the whole bill and alternating every few times she'll bust out a $20 and toss it in with your money?

It's sad if you think that's the reason you're "sailing in beaver" and even sadder if it's true.

All of my life i have paid for my girls, not because i have to or because its expected. Its because i want to. Girls aren't like Fleshlights mate, they don't go in the microwave. I don't have to clean her out. And they need to be fed.
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL/GTR Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk & Diffuser l Status Gruppe Sec. 3 l Custom Rear Brace l Rear Seat Delete l Coby Wheel Products

Old 02-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #25
Mayo

My Ride: CBR600RR
Quote:

It definitely should. How long are you guys together?
About 2 months, pretty new still.

Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #26
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Paying everything for your own reasons=over compensating. There's no reason a female can't pitch in, period. If they don't attempt to pitch in after some time together, I walk away.

Last edited by CollinsE90; 02-19-2013 at 02:11 PM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #27
ChrisRedmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Paying everything for your own reasons=over compensating. There's no reason a female can't pitch in, period. If they don't attempt to pitch in after some time together, I walk away.
Understood and agreed, my girl makes up for it. Brings me lunch at work almost everyday. Plus, shes appreciative of my spending on her. Which is reason enough to do it.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #28
CollinsE90

The problem with that, is if you marry her, the money will always be needed by her, but she can stop making sandwiches at any time. You're training her to be codependent, a bad formula for marriage. It should be mutual codependency, not the other way around.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #29
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
About 2 months, pretty new still.
Same here.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #30
ChrisRedmon

Quote:
The problem with that, is if you marry her, the money will always be needed by her, but she can stop making sandwiches at any time. You're training her to be codependent, a bad formula for marriage. It should be mutual codependency, not the other way around.
Yeaaaaa, that makes a lot of sense. Personally it makes me feel good to take care of someone though.... Our relationship is still pretty new. Plus our dinners usually range from 60-120$ shes in school 75% of the time. I would feel like a dick if i pulled the "You got dis riggghhht?"

Old 02-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #31
DylloS

Quote:
Yeaaaaa, that makes a lot of sense. Personally it makes me feel good to take care of someone though.... Our relationship is still pretty new. Plus our dinners usually range from 60-120$ shes in school 75% of the time. I would feel like a dick if i pulled the "You got dis riggghhht?"
It's very obvious you're trying to justify spending a lot of money on her. Does she offer? Aren't you like 20? Why are you out spending $120 on dinners for a 19 year old girl. Too much too soon is going to blow up in your face. Either she'll have higher expecations soon or you'll just waste a lot of money and look back one day and realize it down the road.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #32
ChrisRedmon

Quote:
It's very obvious you're trying to justify spending a lot of money on her. Does she offer? Aren't you like 20? Why are you out spending $120 on dinners for a 19 year old girl. Too much too soon is going to blow up in your face. Either she'll have higher expecations soon or you'll just waste a lot of money and look back one day and realize it down the road.
Or i'm young, working my ass off wanting to go out to a nice restaurant with a girl i'm falling in love with. Trust me, if she didn't deserve it. I wouldn't do it. And there is no reason to justify anything, its my money. She should have higher expectations, just as i do for her.

Edit: I think its clear judging by my car i'm not exactly "cost conscious"

Last edited by ChrisRedmon; 02-19-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #33
DylloS

Quote:
Or i'm young, working my ass off wanting to go out to a nice restaurant with a girl i'm falling in love with. Trust me, if she didn't deserve it. I wouldn't do it. And there is no reason to justify anything, its my money. She should have higher expectations, just as i do for her.

Edit: I think its clear judging by my car i'm not exactly "cost conscious"
You're getting pretty defensive. Again, does she ever offer to pick up dinner? I don't care if she makes you lunch and sucks your dick. That's typical gf stuff. If a girl doesn't offer then it says a lot about her. Maybe you're ok with that. I'm not. I don't care how pretty the girl is.

Your car is worth what, 25k? Calm down man.

Last edited by DylloS; 02-19-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #34
ChrisRedmon

You are misunderstanding me. The car comment was inferring that i could have been a lot wiser in all aspects of my life in efforts to save money. Not saying my car is hot ****, just saying that its expensive to have in general. Compared to, say a civic, or maxima.

Different strokes for different folks i guess. I will gladly accept her offers on special occasion such as my birthday or whatever. But i like taking her out to dinner. Paying for the food is part of it.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #35
DylloS

Quote:
You are misunderstanding me. The car comment was inferring that i could have been a lot wiser in all aspects of my life in efforts to save money. Not saying my car is hot ****, just saying that its expensive to have in general. Compared to, say a civic, or maxima.

Different strokes for different folks i guess. I will gladly accept her offers on special occasion such as my birthday or whatever. But i like taking her out to dinner. Paying for the food is part of it.
so then I'm assuming she doesn't offer. I'm not trying to be a dick, just saying. I know how you feel, I just bought a cruise for my gf for her bday, spent $150+ on vday, $50 random meals and it feels good to give. She still offers or will just go ahead and pay for meals. We went out to each this past weekend and she paid for one, I paid for the other. It's a good way to make sure you're not being taken advantage of too.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #36
CollinsE90

You're young so you'll have to figure it out yourself. Just know, that when appreciation turns to expectation, you'll be mad at yourself. She can only say thanks so long before she quits worrying about it.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #37
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
You're young so you'll have to figure it out yourself. Just know, that when appreciation turns to expectation, you'll be mad at yourself. She can only say thanks so long before she quits worrying about it.
This. There's nothing to be thankful for once she starts to expect it.

Last edited by dreamdrivedrift; 02-19-2013 at 04:36 PM.
dreamdrivedrift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #38
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
welcome to my last Ex. I am still trying to find a "right" way to ask a girl to pay her share. Not that this girl is like that but just more of a general quiery.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #39
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
welcome to my last Ex. I am still trying to find a "right" way to ask a girl to pay her share. Not that this girl is like that but just more of a general quiery.
You won't have to ask a good girl. She'll do the work for you.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #40
AlexD330

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
Just dump it all into one account and who cares who makes more. Thats what my wife and I do. She makes a little more than me, just like you said, slightly more experience and different companies paying more for the same job than others. Its pretty close but anyway, we both make great money so it doesnt matter much to us who makes more. I dont feel any less manly. Like said before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by breiwa1 View Post
Think of it this way- You have finally made a decent dating decision, don't fvck it up.
April Dub Mix Out NOW!
AlexD330 is offline   Reply With Quote