E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
DHS Supplier provides shooting targets of American gun owners

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-supplier...an-gun-owners/

Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. is a 21-year designer and full service provider of training targets for the DHS, the Justice Department and thousands of law enforcement agencies throughout the country.

The company’s website offers a line of “No More Hesitation” targets ”designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training.” The targets are, “meant to help the transition for officers who are faced with these highly unusual targets for the first time.”

The targets include “pregnant woman threat,” “older man with shotgun,” “older man in home with shotgun,” “older woman with gun,” “young school aged girl,” “young mother on playground,” and “little boy with real gun.”

The fact that targets of armed pregnant women, children, mothers in playgrounds, and American gun owners in general are being represented as “non traditional threats” “for the first time” is deeply concerning given the admittedpreparations for civil unrest undertaken by Homeland Security as well as other federal agencies.

A leaked US Army Military Police training manual for “Civil Disturbance Operations” also outlines how military assets are to be used domestically to quell riots, confiscate firearms and even kill Americans on U.S. soil during mass civil unrest.

This is particularly alarming given the fact that the Department of Homeland Security has purchased roughly 2 billion rounds of ammunition over the course of the last year, enough to wage a near 30 year war.

The DHS also purchased no less than 7,000 fully automatic assault rifles last September, labeling them “Personal Defense Weapons.”

GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Oh look...infowars.

You think they have one of JJ?

Last edited by badfast; 02-19-2013 at 08:37 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
GasKing

I would not shoot at a JonJon target, even the paper version of him would somehow put 2 in the chest and one in the head, go to court claim self defense and win.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
What FM is this "leaked" military police manual?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #5
NOVAbimmer

Lol... I found it. First glaring error that screams "I'm not from the Army", no cover page, no disclosure/distribution statement, and the Army MP school is not at Fort McClellan.

1999 the MP school was moved to Fort Leonard Wood when McClellan was BRAC'd.

Last edited by NOVAbimmer; 02-19-2013 at 09:00 PM.
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
I would not shoot at a JonJon target, even the paper version of him would somehow put 2 in the chest and one in the head, go to court claim self defense and win.
Is this before or after the ramblings and interpretive law lectures? Because I would just rather take the two to the chest and call it the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Probably the one that has existed on Fas.org for awhile:
https://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-19-15.pdf
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #7
NOVAbimmer

I just read it. It's not a training manual, it's a poorly written POI based loosely on the FM mentioned. There's nothing in there about confiscating firearms, or killing Americans. You can relax.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
NOVAbimmer

Is the ten point ring around her head or stomach?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
GasKing

Desensitization for shooting civilians.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #10
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Desensitization for shooting civilians.
That's what training to shoot is. Getting over the natural reluctance to shoot another person. Got it.

Go buy yourself targets shaped like G-men if it'll make you feel better. There are far bigger deals than this.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #11
NOVAbimmer

Would you hesitate to shoot someone who was a threat to you just because they didn't look like a "standard" bad guy (i.e. a guy in a turban, a zombie, a scary mugger, or a non-descript black silhouette)?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #12
00stephen

My Ride: '02 TJ, '87 Milano
Quote:
"leaked?" Heh, that suggests FMs are Secret. Which explains why we could never find the ones we needed, when we needed them, at our National Guard unit.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #13
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Would you hesitate to shoot someone who was a threat to you just because they didn't look like a "standard" bad guy (i.e. a guy in a turban, a zombie, a scary mugger, or a non-descript black silhouette)?
A pregnant woman or a child? Absolutely yes.
The training is more how to deal with it rather than to not hesitate I think. It's better to prepare yourself to handle a situation before it happens.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:20 AM   #14
RKiepper

My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Where's the one of Chuck Norris?!

That would be the real challenge at the range. A picture of a hostile Chuck Norris can kill.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #15
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Wait- ER MA GERD!! We are shooting at pictures of people holding guns!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Holy shit, this is not some major revelation, and it's not some genocidal ethnic cleansing plot. My agency has about three thousand silhouette picture targets. We must be planning to execute the populace.
Seriously, stories like this are what happens when people with paranoia issues are able to exploit an already volatile situation and do their own fear mongering. People need to be careful not to get sucked up into this stuff. It's like the DHS ammo procurement hysteria. I know where the ammo is going, and if people would spend 5 minutes doing some actual research, they'd know that it's not for some fascist takeover.
I don't want to be a dick about this, but if I have to I will. Anyone buying into this hysteria with borderline moonbat stories like this need to step back and take a deep breath and get some perspective. Yes, we are in a volatile political situation. BUT, that doesn't mean shitting all reasoning out of your ass in a kneejerk reaction every time someone makes some claim you know nothing about and haven't researched.

The US military learned after WW2 that if they trained their troops to shoot at silhouettes, troops would actually fire instinctively at the enemy. A lot of GIs didn't shoot at the enemy in WW2 because they weren't conditioned to shoot humans.
This has carried over to Law Enforcement, and it's been pretty standard since the 80's. This is nothing new. Go to http://www.letargets.com/ and look at their targets. They make targets for a lot of people, including Trident Concepts. Yep, Jeff Gonzalez uses picture targets. Most firearms trainers do.

I know a cop who was in a house for a physical domestic and he was in the middle of arresting the husband for smacking around his wife when their 10yo son entered the room holding a 12ga shotgun and went to point it at the police to make them let his dad go. One of the cops was fast enough to grab the barrel and smack the shit out of the kid.
Shit- a couple months ago my Sergeant was in a house for a REALLY drunk woman doing stupid crap when her mentally ill 11yo son pulled out a filet knife and started waving it around in the air (He did it because he "just wanted to"). My Sgt was able to restrain the kid immediately because he was so close, and he grabbed the knife. If the kid had been out in the open in public, or been swinging it at someone else, we might have smoke-checked him. I had a drunk 5ft tall 110lb woman in a manic state grab a kitchen knife and start pacing back and forth speaking really fast. This was in her $450K home.
This stuff happens everywhere. Not every criminal is going to be a tattooed biker or Gangster Disciple gangbanger.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 02-20-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:54 AM   #16
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
I want a target of some homo in the hamptons.

Rotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #17
GasKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotha View Post
i want a target of some homo in the hamptons.
+1
Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #18
forced240

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotha View Post
I want a target of some homo in the hamptons.
Hahahahahahahahah!!!
forced240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #19
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Wait- ER MA GERD!! We are shooting at pictures of people holding guns!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!! Holy shit, this is not some major revelation, and it's not some genocidal ethnic cleansing plot. My agency has about three thousand silhouette picture targets. We must be planning to execute the populace.
Seriously, stories like this are what happens when people with paranoia issues are able to exploit an already volatile situation and do their own fear mongering. People need to be careful not to get sucked up into this stuff. It's like the DHS ammo procurement hysteria. I know where the ammo is going, and if people would spend 5 minutes doing some actual research, they'd know that it's not for some fascist takeover.
I don't want to be a dick about this, but if I have to I will. Anyone buying into this hysteria with borderline moonbat stories like this need to step back and take a deep breath and get some perspective. Yes, we are in a volatile political situation. BUT, that doesn't mean shitting all reasoning out of your ass in a kneejerk reaction every time someone makes some claim you know nothing about and haven't researched.

+100000

The person you describe sounds like the typical Info Wars reader, unfortunately. Sometimes I think some of the people on this forum are a little batty, but then I go read a response thread to an article like the one in the OP. Wow, lol

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 02-20-2013 at 01:31 PM.
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #20
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
And for the record, speaking from experience, US Army Military Police manuals are about as modern as an AMC Pacer.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote