E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
willsbma

My Ride: 99 323i
Awesome tire wet!

Turtle wax Black Tire Coat. This stuff looks amazing and is super easy to apply. It really does look wet after it dries and so far it has held up a few days. Definitely worth $10 and I plan on trying it in the engine bay tomorrow.

I have P.A. Soft and a 20-pin adapter. Only used it a few times but pm me if you need anything coded!
willsbma is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
Treburkulosis

My Ride: BMW
But, but it 10.00 and I can get 2 cans of meguires hot shine for about a buck more. JK I have been wanting hear a review on it.
Treburkulosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
willsbma

Its been a few days now and I washed the car and wheels twice. Still looks good. I thought I was gonna have to put more on but one application is good after a week. Do it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

I have P.A. Soft and a 20-pin adapter. Only used it a few times but pm me if you need anything coded!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
Treburkulosis

My Ride: BMW
Ill give it a shot!
Treburkulosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
willsbma

This stuff still looks good!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
J.Schmidt

My Ride: E46 M3
Does it make a mess like Black Magic?
J.Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
willsbma

No mess! It takes an hour to dry but no sling and it isn't greasy so no dust sticks to it

Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #8
Mango

My Ride: M54B30
No shine should ever touch the engine bay. a lot of these products can destroy coolant hoses, sealing rings, etc. leave it matte like from the factory. theres plenty of high end safe conditioners meant for engine parts, if you must. search detailing forums

OVER A MILLION VIEWS

Last edited by Mango; 01-23-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
willsbma

Are you for real? Its made for rubber tires bro. Hoses under your hood are rubber also.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #10
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsbma View Post
Are you for real? Its made for rubber tires bro. Hoses under your hood are rubber also.

Yea, but not all rubber is the same. I wouldn't go near the engine bay with this stuff...
Old 01-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
J.Schmidt

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
No mess! It takes an hour to dry but no sling and it isn't greasy so no dust sticks to it

J.Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #12
sg_wannabe

My Ride: '06 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to sg_wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
No shine should ever touch the engine bay. a lot of these products can destroy coolant hoses, sealing rings, etc. leave it matte like from the factory. theres plenty of high end safe conditioners meant for engine parts, if you must. search detailing forums
exactly

Quote:

armor all tire products, for example, are also supposedly made for tire rubber...but i would never even put it on my tires.

btw, some hoses are resistant to oils and fuel, while others are not. huge cost difference seen through the range of various hoses.

also, not everyone's engine hoses are rubber. for those who have certain aftermarket parts, there could be silicone ones.

furthermore, i have seen some tire shines/sprays permanently damage paint protection film and wheel finishes. i can't imagine what that does to some of the engine bay's components.

i would not strictly go by the labels/instructions on product containers. for example, some wheel cleaners' labels say that they are safe for anodized wheels but end up not being safe....

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
Yea, but not all rubber is the same. I wouldn't go near the engine bay with this stuff...
+1

Last edited by sg_wannabe; 01-26-2013 at 09:29 AM.
sg_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 AM   #13
dsmjrv

My Ride: 540i6 + 330ci
does this stuff turn your tires brown? most of these tire dressings will turn your tires noticeably brown after just a few uses..
dsmjrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:32 AM   #14
DropTopKingM3
OEM ///Member

My Ride: All German
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmjrv View Post
does this stuff turn your tires brown? most of these tire dressings will turn your tires noticeably brown after just a few uses..
Thats dirt that was lifted from your tires. You should use a good tire cleaner, let sit, and spray away. Then apply tire shine after that.

^Don't say my car is topless, say the t!tties is out^
DropTopKingM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #15
k20z1 L

My Ride: 04 330ci
Just be careful when it begins to peel.. Stuff can be a total PITA
k20z1 L is offline   Reply With Quote