E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > New England

New England
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
MA ME NH RI VT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
Chad44

My Ride: 03' Imola 330i ZHP
Need to borrow e39 540i rear rotor for measurements

I'm trying to frankenstein a brake kit, and think the e39 540i rotor could be my missing link, I would just need to test fit it on a control arm... I could bring it to you, or let me borrow the rotor for a little bit and I'll bring it back unscathed... I may even be able to figure out what I need by being given measurements, if anyone has a set of calipers(measuring) and a rotor in hand...

send me a message if you're able to help!

Last edited by Chad44; 02-19-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Chad44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Interested to see Frankenstein setup! Aren't hubs just too deep though? that is what you're probs going to measure..
Old 02-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
cak323i

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Mike, it's going to be interesting....
2004 TiAg ///M l BC Racing BR Coilovers l Navigation | BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | OEM black interior retrofit | Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
Chad44

My Ride: 03' Imola 330i ZHP
I need a back spacing somewhere between 330i and 325i... Going strictly by photos, e-brake shoe cross-fitment, and rotor diameter/thickness... The 540i rear rotor is the closest I've found to the measurements I'm looking for.
Also, knowing BMW engineering, they really like recycling measurements to increase chances for using the same parts on multiple platforms.

Last edited by Chad44; 02-21-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Chad44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #5
CJW2OO4

My Ride: LANDSHARK
Send a message via AIM to CJW2OO4
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
just too deep though
Thats what she said

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
CJW2OO4 is offline   Reply With Quote