E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
jayhawk1414

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Car-Neo Audio Medialink?

I called an audio shop today and asked for the best integrated system that would utilize my factory stereo (2002 BMW 325i) for phone, music, navigation on an iPhone 5 and they recommended hands-down the Neo-Car Audio Medialink.

I cannot find anything online about this product in terms of reviews - has anybody ever used one or heard of?

Thanks!

Last edited by jayhawk1414; 02-21-2013 at 09:45 PM.
jayhawk1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
basketthis

My Ride: state to state
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk1414 View Post
I called an audio shop today and asked for the best integrated system that would utilize my factory stereo (2002 BMW 325i) for phone, music, navigation on an iPhone 5 and they recommended hands-down the Neo-Car Audio Medialink.

I cannot find anything online about this product in terms of reviews - has anybody ever used one or heard of?

Thanks!
http://audiovox.diceelectronics.com/avx-dice-main

Stay away from off-brand stuff....
basketthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
jayhawk1414

Thanks for the response - I was about to buy a Mediabridge until I kept reading bad review after bad review about it. Same guy I talked to said that Mediabridge only works on half the cars he installs them on. Have you used one?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
basketthis

They have really specific application. The ones I've seen work very well. I suggest calling the company directly as the point of disappointment is the installer or customer getting the wrong unit... They will get you hooked up with the correct unit. And install is a breeze. Feel free to pick my brain. I have alot of experience with this stuff. I'll help where I can.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
jayhawk1414

Okay good to know about the Mediabridge - maybe it's worth a shot. I just don't want to have to mess with something after it's installed is my main concern with it, and from what I can tell alot of the feedback is that they are very glitchy. Whatever I land on, I'm going to have professionally installed so hopefully that would help and I will definitely call them (thanks for the tip).

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish (would love your overall opinion), I've been reading nonstop online and can't seem to land on an answer. I have a 2002 325i (no nav, single cd, pre-wired for BT) and I want a unit where I can literally just plug in my iphone 5 upfront and use the steering wheel for the phone, music, siri, etc. I also want to be able to have full access to all the songs on my phone, not just a few playlists. I don't mind plugging it in somewhere (I know direct lines plugged in seem to have better results), I just don't want anything to be visible that will clutter it up.

If it were you, would you install a mediabridge and just have everything covered with one unit, or would you do a USA Spec + a parrot BT?

Thank you so much for your help - 1st time BMW owner.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
basketthis

Quote:
Okay good to know about the Mediabridge - maybe it's worth a shot. I just don't want to have to mess with something after it's installed is my main concern with it, and from what I can tell alot of the feedback is that they are very glitchy. Whatever I land on, I'm going to have professionally installed so hopefully that would help and I will definitely call them (thanks for the tip).

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish (would love your overall opinion), I've been reading nonstop online and can't seem to land on an answer. I have a 2002 325i (no nav, single cd, pre-wired for BT) and I want a unit where I can literally just plug in my iphone 5 upfront and use the steering wheel for the phone, music, siri, etc. I also want to be able to have full access to all the songs on my phone, not just a few playlists. I don't mind plugging it in somewhere (I know direct lines plugged in seem to have better results), I just don't want anything to be visible that will clutter it up.

If it were you, would you install a mediabridge and just have everything covered with one unit, or would you do a USA Spec + a parrot BT?

Thank you so much for your help - 1st time BMW owner.
Personally, my answer is very short.
I would spend a little extra, get the double din relocation kit. germanautosolutions.com has the A/C relocation bracket for $80. You will need to do a little searching around to find the double din bezel. And I would put in the Pioneer AppRadio 2. It has full bluetooth capability, can run apps from your phone, uses nav from your phone, etc. You can also control certain apps from the touchscreen monitor.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...28SPH-DA100%29
Only downside (if you consider it one) is that it doesn't have a CD/DVD slot. I store all my music digitally, so no worry there for me. Hope this helps rather than add more confusion to your decision.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
jayhawk1414

This looks awesome and I'm sure a really good and reliable solution - but I'm really looking to keep the factory head unit in place, and not have something like this visible in the car. Unfortunately my car doesn't have an alarm and I'm looking for something more stealth. It being an '02, I'm trying to not keep piling things on that I need to add.

What would be your choice without replacing the headunit?
Old 02-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
basketthis

Quote:
This looks awesome and I'm sure a really good and reliable solution - but I'm really looking to keep the factory head unit in place, and not have something like this visible in the car. Unfortunately my car doesn't have an alarm and I'm looking for something more stealth. It being an '02, I'm trying to not keep piling things on that I need to add.

What would be your choice without replacing the headunit?
I get by with an auxiliary input and a Rocketfish bluetooth earpiece (that I keep in my ashtray area for when I need it). Just plug it in when I park if it needs to be charged.
This.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
jayhawk1414

Could I get an aux input installed in an '02 (business radio) I wonder? Would that allow me hear my phones navigation instructions over the speakers?
Old 02-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #10
basketthis

Quote:
Could I get an aux input installed in an '02 (business radio) I wonder? Would that allow me hear my phones navigation instructions over the speakers?
I have the business radio IIRC. The mod that I linked I was able to do myself. I put the port in the small cubby under the flip-up armrest, in front of the change holder. I also used a different type of port than the one in the tutorial. However, as long as you have a cd changer option that is accessible from the radio, you can do the mod. If not, it will need to be turned on at the dealership (or some other way that I am unaware of) and the physical connection exists on all BMW radios AFAIK. Hope that answers your question.

Last edited by basketthis; 02-22-2013 at 12:44 PM.