E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #201
YOLO89

My Ride: Hooptie
The ideal physique thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
Here's a picture i took for a snap chat this weekend. Progress has been pretty great (35 pound gain in the last 9 months) but i can tell I'm definitely working harder for my gains lately. Hoping to make it 45 pounds gained in a 12 month window.

Another positive note. I got 240 up on the bench 6 times this morning. And my new work boots seem to be helping my back heal a bit better
That's awesome man keep up the hard work! Putting up 240 six times def can't complain about that.

Yeah shoes play a big role in back support. If you're shoes are unstable and don't have enough cushion to stabilize your body then that's where back problems begin. Glad to hear that your making progress in the gym though and your back is getting better.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #202
YOLO89

It went well placed 2nd out of 8 competitors and my gf doing her first show placed 5th out of 10 in her bikini class!

Next competition is going to be in October giving me time too bulk up more to 185 or so and then cut down to 170-175 competition weight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1370996676.937007.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	510632  

Last edited by YOLO89; 06-11-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #203
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
It went well placed 2nd out of 8 competitors and my gf doing her first show placed 5th out of 10 in her bikini class!

Next competition is going to be in October giving me time too bulk up more to 185 or so and then cut down to 170-175 competition weight.

What a bond that must be with you and your wife being in this sport together. Awesome job sir!
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #204
YOLO89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post

What a bond that must be with you and your wife being in this sport together. Awesome job sir!
Much appreciated!!

Old 06-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #205
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
My ideal physique... I just want to be back to where I was at about a year ago lol

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #206
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Congrats Yolo... For both you and your girl! It's gotta be awesome having someone who's so close to you share the exact same passion. That's a great way to keep each other motivated and strong throughout the whole prep.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #207
YOLO89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post
Congrats Yolo... For both you and your girl! It's gotta be awesome having someone who's so close to you share the exact same passion. That's a great way to keep each other motivated and strong throughout the whole prep.
Thanks for the kind words. Having someone as driven and wanting the same goal at the end of the day is def a great help. At least there won't be someone bringing home junk food while the other is trying to stay focused.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #208
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:

why is her trophy bigger than yours???

good to see you out there and trying. did you show in those board shorts? seems like covering a lot of potential muscle...but I'm just
Old 06-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #209
YOLO89

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
why is her trophy bigger than yours???

good to see you out there and trying. did you show in those board shorts? seems like covering a lot of potential muscle...but I'm just
Haha all the bikini trophies were bigger than ours

Yeah all physique competitors wear board shorts. They look for that beach body type that's not overwhelmingly muscular but yet at the same time not too skinny.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #210
DILLA

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Physique competitions compete in board shorts. The most conditioned and muscular do not always win, it's really the "look" the judges are going for, so it can be disheartening being the most conditioned one there and not wining. You don't have to be as conditioned as a bodybuilding comp, but still takes a lot of conditioning! I'd say the difference is about 3-4 weeks.

Congrats to you and your girl yolo! I'd imagine as much as it was a bonding experience it was, it was tough being that low on carbs and around each other
Old 06-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #211
YOLO89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLA View Post
Physique competitions compete in board shorts. The most conditioned and muscular do not always win, it's really the "look" the judges are going for, so it can be disheartening being the most conditioned one there and not wining. You don't have to be as conditioned as a bodybuilding comp, but still takes a lot of conditioning! I'd say the difference is about 3-4 weeks.

Congrats to you and your girl yolo! I'd imagine as much as it was a bonding experience it was, it was tough being that low on carbs and around each other
Yeppp you hit the spot on that one. You can be the biggest and more cut guy there and someone who's smaller mass wise could carry that look that they want.

Hahaa bonding experience was great but low carb days were very frustrating haha. It's funny how we don't realize how our moods can change by just limiting our carbs and even water depleting.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #212
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:

Congrats man. You both look good

She needs a new bikini if she intends to keep competing though. That one is not appropriate for competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:54 AM   #213
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled

april 28 - 194~lbs
nov 6 - 208-209lbs
bulking til the end of the month

trying to look like this by next may

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #214
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

april 28 - 194~lbs
nov 6 - 208-209lbs
bulking til the end of the month

trying to look like this by next may
I need to do an extreme change and stop drinking lol. I think you can come close if you keep up the workouts, do a lot of conditioning and eat very clean.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #215
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I need to do an extreme change and stop drinking lol. I think you can come close if you keep up the workouts, do a lot of conditioning and eat very clean.
Drinking is a huge factor, I'm honestly trying not to drink too much any more, hell this past Friday was my birthday and I stayed in because I wanted to feel good for a Saturday work out, I had a couple drinks Saturday night. Trying to cut back during the holidays is going to be rough but I need to stop getting hammered every weekend.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #216
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Drinking is a huge factor, I'm honestly trying not to drink too much any more, hell this past Friday was my birthday and I stayed in because I wanted to feel good for a Saturday work out, I had a couple drinks Saturday night. Trying to cut back during the holidays is going to be rough but I need to stop getting hammered every weekend.
this is my problem. I'll go out with friends and get hammered, then I'll eat something crappy, then I'll be groggy in the morning, and wont want to cook at all all day so I eat more crappy stuff, then I have nothing monday at work and have to go out and get something half way decent. So if I drink on a sat, it usually messes me up until monday night. God I need to stop. But it's sooo fun.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #217
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: The ideal physique thread

It comes down to what you want more. To be honest, from what i hear you saying, i don't foresee you cutting it back much anytime soon.

It's hard to find friends that want to do things other than go out, and it's difficult to keep figuring out things to do, but when you figure it out, nothing beats it.

I'm 21 and it's really not uncommon for me to spend a Friday and/or Saturday night in alone, but for me it's worth it to stay on track for my goals. Get a few friends that like to go grab some food Friday night and don't wanna go out and start hitting night time gym sessions on the weekends so it feels like you've done something with your night. hopefully these tips help, they've helped my friends and i immensely.
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #218
bgsmith

Quote:
It comes down to what you want more. To be honest, from what i hear you saying, i don't foresee you cutting it back much anytime soon.

It's hard to find friends that want to do things other than go out, and it's difficult to keep figuring out things to do, but when you figure it out, nothing beats it.

I'm 21 and it's really not uncommon for me to spend a Friday and/or Saturday night in alone, but for me it's worth it to stay on track for my goals. Get a few friends that like to go grab some food Friday night and don't wanna go out and start hitting night time gym sessions on the weekends so it feels like you've done something with your night. hopefully these tips help, they've helped my friends and i immensely.
Do what makes you happy but also don't pass up on opportunities when you are young. I have the same mentality as you but I just turned 34 and have partied my ass off fir the past 15+ years (god damn I'm old).

I stayed in this weekend and loved it, saved a ton of money and felt good each morning.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #219
DylloS

Quote:

My goal is to enjoy life. I don't do that sitting alone on a friday or saturday.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #220
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
My goal is to enjoy life. I don't do that sitting alone on a friday or saturday.
This, I enjoy doing nothing's every now and then, but I'm not going to sacrifice my life to try and get a six pack, I'd rather drink a six pack.

Like I said, don't set yourself up fur later regrets.