E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #21
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
When you're lacking in the looks department, you learn to adapt with other avenues to get what you want. There are 2 billion other "5's" with great personality, no reason to stick around with this one because she's compatible. She's compatible because she wants to make it work. If you can't land better, don't bite the hand that feeds you, either. That makes you a major d-bag. If you want better, shut up, and go get better. Quit leaving this girl on the ropes for your own agenda and fear of being single.
__________________

Last edited by CollinsE90; 02-24-2013 at 05:04 PM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #22
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,539
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Why do you want to live together first?
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #23
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Test things out and be sure we're the right fit. What? Do you suggest an arranged marriage and we just get married and move in together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Why do you want to live together first?
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #24
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,539
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I'm just asking. I'm generally not a fan of living together before marriage.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #25
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,539
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
What do you hope to learn about the other person by living with them? What does "we're right together" mean?
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #26
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
There are some things that can only be experienced/learned when living with the other person. We're together mean we're exclusive and when ready we'll have kids. BTW this is her way of being in a serious relationship.

For me, I'm not honestly into that whole marriage thing. But for taxes and kids there are not that many options left.

As far as living together, couples from arranged marriages who don't know each other nor lived with each other stay married for the rest of life. It's because they want to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
What do you hope to learn about the other person by living with them? What does "we're right together" mean?
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #27
Ynot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rockies
Posts: 286
My Ride: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
I'm just asking. I'm generally not a fan of living together before marriage.
Start being a fan, that is when you really know the person you are with. You don't want to get married and find out, she is hard to live with.
__________________
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #28
gqkris
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada
Posts: 108
My Ride: 02 BMW M3 99 Cr-V
shes going to be an oral surgeon and make tons of money. just do what most girls do, marry for money and you wont have to worry. besides she can always get plastic surgery lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Bimmer App
gqkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #29
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,539
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
There are some things that can only be experienced/learned when living with the other person. We're together mean we're exclusive and when ready we'll have kids. BTW this is her way of being in a serious relationship.
What are you hoping to learn about her? What are you hoping she learns about you?

Are taxes the reason you want to get married?
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #30
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Learn about each other's life style, habits, and how we do things. Living with someone gives you a complete view about their personality.

Kids are the reason I would want to get married. But I'm in no rush to have them now.



Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
What are you hoping to learn about her? What are you hoping she learns about you?

Are taxes the reason you want to get married?
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #31
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: 703
Posts: 2,880
My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
Yea.... no. Pump the brakes.
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #32
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Honestly I am way too shallow of a person to date someone that I'm not attracted too. I don't care if she's a millionaire.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #33
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: 703
Posts: 2,880
My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
18 months is nothing lol, y'all are wylin. Moving in shouldn't even be an 'ask' thing, more so it'll come naturally and a mutual desire to move in together.
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #34
mcr_driver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 27,519
My Ride: my favorite two feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by huyner328 View Post
18 months is nothing lol, y'all are wylin. Moving in shouldn't even be an 'ask' thing, more so it'll come naturally and a mutual desire to move in together.
I think that's a great point, if it's a wincing decision then there is probably a larger problem in the relationship that needs to be addressed. But if it's more of a moment then by all means pack up, take the plunge and enjoy the rollercoaster.
__________________
http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ken10hm2.jpg
mcr_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #35
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,539
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Is this a person you're seriously moving in the direction of marrying and you just want to flesh a couple minor details? What kind of life style choices and habits do you still need to know about?
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #36
Gus330vrum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,419
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
When you're lacking in the looks department, you learn to adapt with other avenues to get what you want. There are 2 billion other "5's" with great personality, no reason to stick around with this one because she's compatible. She's compatible because she wants to make it work. If you can't land better, don't bite the hand that feeds you, either. That makes you a major d-bag. If you want better, shut up, and go get better. Quit leaving this girl on the ropes for your own agenda and fear of being single.
straight forward huh.



sent from phone to bimmer app
Gus330vrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #37
217Bimmer
E46Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: not Illinois
Posts: 146
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
if she won't accept your answer that you want to take it slower, then peace the fvck out. she should respect your decision that you are not ready to move in together. if she doesn't she is too immature for a serious relationship. let her know you are open to talking about it and considering it
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #38
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Slowing it down will only postpone the inevitable. Be a man, and do what needs to be done. I know the exact feeling you're having, it won't change with time.

If you were in love with a girl, that wasn't sure of you two, but afraid of walking away, what would you want her to do?
__________________

Last edited by CollinsE90; 02-25-2013 at 12:03 PM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #39
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I think you're right. This makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huyner328 View Post
18 months is nothing lol, y'all are wylin. Moving in shouldn't even be an 'ask' thing, more so it'll come naturally and a mutual desire to move in together.
Yes, marriage. But I think it ain't happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Is this a person you're seriously moving in the direction of marrying and you just want to flesh a couple minor details? What kind of life style choices and habits do you still need to know about?
I think breaking up might be better for the two of us. She is sure about us, but I'm not. I'm the hesitant type especially when it comes to commitment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Slowing it down will only postpone the inevitable. Be a man, and do what needs to be done. I know the exact feeling you're having, it won't change with time.

If you were in love with a girl, that wasn't sure of you two, but afraid of walking away, what would you want her to do?
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #40
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Break up with the dentist. Stop wasting her time because you're not man enough to make the obvious decision. You're only holding on because it's comfortable and you're afraid you cannot find better.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use