E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #41
eee4666
Registered User
 
eee4666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 2,278
My Ride: '02 325i / '07 600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanme View Post
you live in california, and complain about pizza?

i can't imagine there's one good pizza place in the whole state.
How can you tell someone's from the east coast? They'll tell you in the first 5 minutes of meeting them.
__________________
eee4666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #42
coco savage
Registered User
 
coco savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CFBMW.org
Posts: 1,361
My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
I never saw a deep dish pizza in Italy. Case closed.
Ha great one! Wonder if it gets a reply
__________________
**LINK:BUY MY E46 Parts**

Random Images


Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #43
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,891
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Another NY style fan on the list
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom
Europeans are stoopid. They keep splitting countries, while being jealous of our powa. Of course the EU is good for them, but does that have any real power?

Not even mentioning the efficiencies of larger countries.

As divided as this country is, at least we are one.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #44
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,891
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eee4666 View Post
How can you tell someone's from the east coast? They'll tell you in the first 5 minutes of meeting them.
You sound like this Cali chick I met in a cab in DC a few weeks back. Wish her ass would've stopped complaining and jumped back on the soonest flight back west.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom
Europeans are stoopid. They keep splitting countries, while being jealous of our powa. Of course the EU is good for them, but does that have any real power?

Not even mentioning the efficiencies of larger countries.

As divided as this country is, at least we are one.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #45
nardog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sacramento/Bay area, Ca
Posts: 60
My Ride: e34, totaled e46
Thin crust pizza > deep dish

Quality of ingredients > quantity

I appreciate how simple ingredients can make a pizza taste really good. Good tomatoes and good mozzarella is all you really ever need, not a **** load of crap to make up for lack of quality

From your resident italian
__________________
nardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #46
sweetbro858
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 552
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Pizza Hut, Round Table, Domino's, Papa Johns. What are you talking about, we have only the best!
Round Table is actually the best lol.

Pretty messed up you listed it with those
__________________
sweetbro858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #47
eee4666
Registered User
 
eee4666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 2,278
My Ride: '02 325i / '07 600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
You sound like this Cali chick I met in a cab in DC a few weeks back. Wish her ass would've stopped complaining and jumped back on the soonest flight back west.
Your popped collar, pre-torn jeans, and flip flops are showing.
__________________
eee4666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #48
sgplayer69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 3,887
My Ride: 2003 CB M3 Coupe
I say we storm OP's house with pitchforks
__________________
Coming Soon...?
sgplayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #49
Top_Bunk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cbus!
Posts: 1,428
My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
Both are delicious, but I don't understand the qualms about a pizza being light. Is it good? Awesome. It doesn't need to weigh 25 lbs.

One slice from Giordano's is a brick in my belly for the next 2 days.
Top_Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #50
Swish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 285
My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
You sound like this Cali chick I met in a cab in DC a few weeks back. Wish her ass would've stopped complaining and jumped back on the soonest flight back west.
She's right... The East Coast bloooooowwwwssss!

Ps: NY Pizza has my vote, although I loved Gino's East when I went to Chicago.
__________________

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"

Last edited by Swish; 02-24-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #51
vilseck21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In La La Land
Posts: 236
My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
Chicago pizza is for people that dont like real pizza, just like budweiser is for people that dont like real beer.
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #52
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector
 
tock172's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,905
My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
I was just having a discussion about the economics of pizza with a friend of mine. The market for Pizza is an interesting thing. You can get an entire Pizza for ~$5 at Little Caeser's, or you can spend $9 on 2 slices and a drink for some 'New York' style and still be hungry when it's over. I'm not advocating Little Caeser's as a viable substitute, I just find the price discrepancy ridiculous. You are paying a lot more for far less overall quantity.

Just the other day I tried a small Pizzeria in my neighborhood. $6 for two slices and a tiny drink. I ate everything in 5 minutes and was still hungry afterwords. The pizza isn't too bad, but ultimately I prefer more a more conventional thickness. Deep dish is also pretty good, but I'm a bit biased, being from Chicago. I feel like this Brooklyn style is more so a trend than anything else.
__________________


1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #53
budman
-not a mod-
 
budman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: South Flo Rida
Posts: 31,565
My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
The best pizza is the ones i make at home. So damn goodClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361772636773.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	492360Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361772694268.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	492361

Sent from my damn phone
__________________
-Gunnar
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #54
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you
 
Fisch330ciTopasBlau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 1,758
My Ride: A car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
I was just having a discussion about the economics of pizza with a friend of mine. The market for Pizza is an interesting thing. You can get an entire Pizza for ~$5 at Little Caeser's, or you can spend $9 on 2 slices and a drink for some 'New York' style and still be hungry when it's over. I'm not advocating Little Caeser's as a viable substitute, I just find the price discrepancy ridiculous. You are paying a lot more for far less overall quantity.

Just the other day I tried a small Pizzeria in my neighborhood. $6 for two slices and a tiny drink. I ate everything in 5 minutes and was still hungry afterwords. The pizza isn't too bad, but ultimately I prefer more a more conventional thickness. Deep dish is also pretty good, but I'm a bit biased, being from Chicago. I feel like this Brooklyn style is more so a trend than anything else.
Neopolitan (Naples, Italy) style pizza is the original pizza and what NY Style evolved from. Focaccia dough pizza is also one of the older types of pizza (Sicillian, Tomato Pie Style). In America these were what was popular at the end of the 19th century- early 20th as street food.

Deep Dish didn't appear until 1943...Deep Dish is the "fad" and is not considered street food.
__________________

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies

Last edited by Fisch330ciTopasBlau; 02-25-2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1361773282
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:24 AM   #55
Ynot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rockies
Posts: 286
My Ride: 997
NY style pizza from NY for me. It taste different, living a mile high, it doesn't bake the same, just can't get that taste you get in sea level. I had deep dish in Chicago, no thanks. NY style pizza is ridiculous, I brought a small for $23 and felt like I needed another one. Pizza is mostly dough and it's cheap to make, even at $5 for a large there's still profit to make.
__________________
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:39 AM   #56
kuksul08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,108
My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
The best pizza is the ones i make at home. So damn goodAttachment 492360Attachment 492361

Sent from my damn phone
Now these... actually look a bit more substantial.

I just don't get why the thinner the crust the better. Okay, I understand why many people don't want to eat a loaf of bread with every slice of pizza, but these super thin, wafer-like crusts are just a gimmick to save money and make people think it's more "authentic" and better. I'm like yo, that's 50 dollars for a pizza.
__________________

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #57
v8 5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jarzy, New Jarzy
Posts: 343
My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Now these... actually look a bit more substantial.

I just don't get why the thinner the crust the better. Okay, I understand why many people don't want to eat a loaf of bread with every slice of pizza, but these super thin, wafer-like crusts are just a gimmick to save money and make people think it's more "authentic" and better. I'm like yo, that's 50 dollars for a pizza.
because some people like to taste the ingredients and the thin bread can bring just as much flavor as an inch thick piece of bread, American...
__________________
Gutted with a Getrag



We have 4 websites within the family.

Last edited by v8 5; 02-25-2013 at 01:44 AM.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #58
kuksul08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,108
My Ride: M3
Psh, elitist
__________________

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:54 AM   #59
v8 5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jarzy, New Jarzy
Posts: 343
My Ride: 6 speed BMW
I like how I had to explain that to someone.
__________________
Gutted with a Getrag



We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #60
oie77
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Distrito Federal
Posts: 86
My Ride: wamta
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilseck21 View Post
Chicago pizza is for people that dont like real pizza, just like budweiser is for people that dont like real beer.


Chi pizza is a mid-western invention. It evolved with the ever-expanding waist line of of the corn-fed, pop drinking yocals...okie dokie?
oie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use