E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AZ NM NV OK TX UT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
M Shark

My Ride: '04 M3
Affordable Inspection II for Texas residents.

I just had my inspection II done at our local BMW dealer here in McAllen Texas and the total I got for the service is $1298.13

If you are from San Antonio, Houston, Corpus Christi or even Dallas area you might want to give them a call to save about $1000. I called 1 BMW dealer in San Antonio and Houston and they both quoted over $2400 for the Inspection II. Valve adjustment wasn't needed as they were still within spec, FCAB & RTAB are still in good shape, and as requested, I asked them if they could check for any subframe damage and they said it's not included but they could have a good look around without taking down the suspension. I also asked them if it's possible to check the Vanos but they stated if they don't find any triggers in the diagnosis there would be no need to open up the engine to check the condition of the Vanos assembly.

it sucks knowing that the only work they had to do was something I could have done DIY style but I don't have the time to do it with my current job.

Here's a copy of the Job Order

Last edited by M Shark; 02-25-2013 at 02:17 PM.
M Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Mr. Din

My Ride: e46 M
so how did they know the valves were in spec?
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
bigugly

My Ride: things that go fast.
All my inspection II's get a Vanos hub check(visual), bolt check (the 10's in front), valves adjusted correctly, and for 35 bucks extra....an oil analysis.

I can murder that price, btw.....especially when you want to do a dr. Vanos assembly and hub/bolt repair/replacement/preventative maintenance.

the only thing I can't fix is broken hearts.
https://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
I want to be your BMW products' authorized installation center in Houston.
bigugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
Bemwe_03i

My Ride: 2003.5 E46 M3 smg IR
fuel additive? Anyone here add the lucas fuel treatment to their m3's? 5-6oz per fuel tank.

some of those things you can easily do your self or take off from the list wiper blades really? even spark plugs easy to do...cost around 60$ for 6

...ps right you dont have time just saw that

Last edited by Bemwe_03i; 02-26-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Bemwe_03i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #5
AlpinTXiX

My Ride: 03 M3
For SA (and maybe Austin) folks I just got my Insp II done at Rhine West...cost me $1400 but some of that was extra because there was some gunk build up around my valves which required extra work to remove. I wouldn't recommend driving all the way down to McCallen unless you have a place to stay and or car to drive back in, as gas and potentially hotel while you wait for the car to get done will likely set you back any $$ you save.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
Adionik

My Ride: Bavarian Panzer
You can do 99% of Inspection II yourself for 1/5th of that...i'm stunned at the prices quoted
Adionik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
AlpinTXiX

My Ride: 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adionik View Post
You can do 99% of Inspection II yourself for 1/5th of that...i'm stunned at the prices quoted
Not everyone has the time (or maybe facilities or mechanical know how) to do it themselves. That's why shops exist and I think the point of the thread is to point some of the better ones in the area