E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #21
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT247 View Post
well hold on, did she not respond to texts/calls because she had a new number? If she gave you her new one, something tells me she would not just ignore you.

How long has she been going out with this new guy?

Thats what im guessing, but im also guessing she changed it to avoid me? Now she had a change of heart? IDK but im going to give her a call today.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #22
fayraree

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOAMG View Post

thats a strange way to give out your new number..
Old 02-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #23
AFernandez

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330 i
Dude, stop being a softy girls don't like that ****. Girls like to chase what they can't have...And they like a man thats confident of his own future. So it's gonna take some guts, but ignore her for a while. No guts no glory. Then hit her up out of no where in a month I guarantee she will change her tune by then. She will be thinking about why you haven't called that whole time... Actually she might come back to your shop within a week because she won't understand why you haven't called... It will drive her mad. Don't play along with her silly games. Trix are for kids. Be Patient, Be Strong, Be a MAN.
AFernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #24
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Thats what im guessing, but im also guessing she changed it to avoid me? Now she had a change of heart? IDK but im going to give her a call today.
Definitely not that. Most likely just changed it, and wanted to make sure y'all didn't lose touch. I wouldn't call, she's expecting that. Give it a month and reevaluate.

Last edited by CollinsE90; 02-27-2013 at 10:44 AM.
CollinsE90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #25
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
I want to agree with collins and fernandez but not sure...I'm 70/30 on that being sound logic. But do agree be a man in whatever decision you make. That confidence is more of a deal breaker then calling or not calling.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #26
fayraree

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
dude in a month she could possibly have buttsecks with that other dude. I can understand how much it hurts to see a girl you love with someone else...would kill me too. I agree in not calling right away, fight the temptation to show you're not desperate, but that attitude is what got you here in the first place; the fact that you didn't act on your feelings before. Maybe wait just a day or two, not a week or month.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #27
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
I'd sack up and call with the intent of asking to get together for a quick lunch or coffee. I'd spill it when you get together and see what she does with it. At least you would know and never have to wonder. I should have taken a couple chances like this when I was younger, but never did because I was too nervous and (likely) scared of rejection. In hindsight, throwing it out there and getting an immediate response would have been the right thing to do, even if it hurt.

JMHO.

@ VaderDave...classic.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #28
Bmwdad

My Ride: 2003 M3
This situation is like 90% of all romantic comedies. Maybe you should just watch some. Anyway you said you know this guy she's with. Is he a great guy, someone she could seriously be with or is he just some guy to pass the time. In the movies you would win so good luck.
Bmwdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #29
AFernandez

Yeah that attitude is what got you here...Right.She's trying to break u dude. She doesn't really like him, don't u see it. She wants to punk you into a full blown marriage type of relationship. Sorry I'm not the weak type. If you want to accept being a square chase her. Your sounding very insecure right now. Please don't let her see that. Be a man.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #30
AFernandez

Yeah that attitude is what has her so sprung. You give in u win in the short term but lose in the long term. No woman is ever gonna be the "one" dude. Sorry to have to be the one to break it to you. Stay up.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #31
AFernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayraree View Post
dude in a month she could possibly have buttsecks with that other dude. I can understand how much it hurts to see a girl you love with someone else...would kill me too. I agree in not calling right away, fight the temptation to show you're not desperate, but that attitude is what got you here in the first place.
**** is too FUNNY
Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #32
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
Agree with Fernandez. You need to look out for you.

You sound like a good guy. And that is the root of the problem. The good guy syndrome. Taking a guess here, I bet you are the type to want to swoon over a woman, please her, make her your princess, be soul mates, and all that fairy tale stuff. Sure that's great, that's what they all say they want. But a woman doesn't know what they want. Ask yourself why so many good women go for the bad guy type?

Personally, to me, you sound like you need to invent yourself. What is the image you want to convey? How do you want people to see you? What will be your edge? Your own personal Swag? A man should never need a woman to feel complete.

As for this girl, after you invent yourself, you need to keep things going with this girl. My advice...let her go for a bit. Allow some distance to come between you both for a little. If she asks why..tell her you were respecting her new relationship and you were very busy with your new business. Then at some point down the road, reach out and invite her to a sporting event or a concert. Tell her you got the tix, but your buddy couldn't make it and ask if she'd like to join you. That shows her you are interested but not pining for her.

Lastly....don't be that good / nice guy. Be edgy, make a few direct or raw flirts, and at the end of the night...charge full on in and kiss her like you own her. Sure a girl says she wants a nice guy...but a girl is attracted to a take charge man.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #33
awesomechinz

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i sedan
.. OP do what you think is right

brown magic

Last edited by awesomechinz; 02-28-2013 at 10:13 AM.
awesomechinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #34
mcr_driver

Best of lukc OP in your decision, I think the important thing is to be confident in whatever choice you make and convey that to her. Confidence and assertiveness trump anything else 9 times out of 10.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #35
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post

You sound like a good guy. And that is the root of the problem. The good guy syndrome. Taking a guess here, I bet you are the type to want to swoon over a woman, please her, make her your princess, be soul mates, and all that fairy tale stuff. Sure that's great, that's what they all say they want. But a woman doesn't know what they want. Ask yourself why so many good women go for the bad guy type?

Personally, to me, you sound like you need to invent yourself. What is the image you want to convey? How do you want people to see you? What will be your edge? Your own personal Swag? A man should never need a woman to feel complete.

As for this girl, after you invent yourself, you need to keep things going with this girl. My advice...let her go for a bit. Allow some distance to come between you both for a little. If she asks why..tell her you were respecting her new relationship and you were very busy with your new business. Then at some point down the road, reach out and invite her to a sporting event or a concert. Tell her you got the tix, but your buddy couldn't make it and ask if she'd like to join you. That shows her you are interested but not pining for her.
Lastly....don't be that good / nice guy. Be edgy, make a few direct or raw flirts, and at the end of the night...charge full on in and kiss her like you own her. Sure a girl says she wants a nice guy...but a girl is attracted to a take charge man.
LOL.. reminds me of the time i was meant to go to dinner with this girl.
She cancelled because she was sick.
SO i called another girl and said, ive got dinner reservations and i was meant to go with "a couple of the boys" but they cancelled so i was wondering if she wanted to come.
She came. Then she found out through FaceBook the real story.
didnt go down too well.

oh and OP dont do that last bit.

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?

Last edited by YGOAMG; 02-28-2013 at 08:47 PM.
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #36
Bart Taylor

My Ride: 2000 323i touring
Quote:

Personally, to me, you sound like you need to invent yourself. What is the image you want to convey? How do you want people to see you? What will be your edge? Your own personal Swag? A man should never need a woman to feel complete.....

The use of "swag" and "edgy" would tell my instincts to totally disregard this mans advice.

Sent from the anal probe of my spacecraft using a series of tubes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
i know in your head that sounded like a nice comeback/argument but you just sound like a fool.
Bart Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #37
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
I'm just saying he needs to invent himself....find his identity and hold to it. Don't become a pin cushion to a girl. Sure we all want that amazing relationship. But if we bow down to a girl we lose who we are. Just stay true to yourself.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #38
AFernandez

So did u call. I bet you did and she didn't answer.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #39
mcr_driver

Quote:
I'm just saying he needs to invent himself....find his identity and hold to it. Don't become a pin cushion to a girl. Sure we all want that amazing relationship. But if we bow down to a girl we lose who we are. Just stay true to yourself.
This feel, ask me how I know broh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFernandez View Post
So did u call. I bet you did and she didn't answer.
But hoping for an update if there is any.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #40
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
It seems like he is already being himself. The invention you speak of would be contrary to his "good guy" nature and would be in an attempt to lure in women under a false assumption of who he truly is. Seems like a waste of time and rather pathetic to me.

If he's just looking to pull some randoms, your approach will work. For something more long lasting, acting like something you aren't just to try to pull a chick isn't a great start.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote