E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #81
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
The way my counters are set up it pulls the lottery customers away from the rest of the customers, out of the way. Lottery customers are every day customers, and I cant afford to lose them. I pride my self on service with a smile, and the efficiency of our clerks with lottery (numbers, etc). You have to speak there lingo.
If I was in your area, your gas station would be the only one I would go to

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #82
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
6% return. There's other ways to bring in customers for 6%. There's always another way. Convenient stores in non-lottery states do just fine.
Yea but what you arent getting is that 75% of my lottery customers are everyday customers, they come here for there beer, cigs, gas, concessions etc I have to be a one stop shop for these people or I will lose them. 6% without laying out any money, and having proper counter setup to not inconvenience any other customers sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #83
GasKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
If I was in your area, your gas station would be the only one I would go to
Thank you, thats what I strive to hear.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #84
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
6% return. There's other ways to bring in customers for 6%. There's always another way. Convenient stores in non-lottery states do just fine.
Are there easier ways to get 6% + all the drinks and stuff they buy? I'm sure it brings in plenty of customers.

There are states/counties where it's illegal to for gas stations/convenient stores to sell beer or wine, yeah they still survive but I bet they wish they could sell alcohol too. It must really piss you off going into a gas station and somebody buys lottery tickets...hell maybe they shouldn't sell anything else that way everyone could pay for their gas quickly, I hate when the guy in front of me buys a soda and im trying to pay for my gas, really just ruins my day.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #85
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Your plan only works with lottery because that's the target audience. There are other audiences and plans.

I bet you have the freshest cigarillos though
Old 02-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #86
CollinsE90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Are there easier ways to get 6% + all the drinks and stuff they buy? I'm sure it brings in plenty of customers.

There are states/counties where it's illegal to for gas stations/convenient stores to sell beer or wine, yeah they still survive but I bet they wish they could sell alcohol too. It must really piss you off going into a gas station and somebody buys lottery tickets...hell maybe they shouldn't sell anything else that way everyone could pay for their gas quickly, I hate when the guy in front of me buys a soda and im trying to pay for my gas, really just ruins my day.
Comparing a soda purchase to a lottery purchase is a big difference. Soda purchases don't take thought at the counter.

OP, you sell money orders, too?
Old 02-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #87
GasKing

Quote:

With the right cashier, POS system, counter setup, wait times can be extremely minimal. I like fast everything, fast cars, fast product turn over, fast customer turnover, fast money. It's an art to master, the smallest things affect it.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #88
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
i love you and your lobster you seduce me with
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #89
GasKing

Ok now im phasing out lottery, and starting to sell Roberto Cavalli suits just so collins is happy lol.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #90
CollinsE90

Quote:
With the right cashier, POS system, counter setup, wait times can be extremely minimal. I like fast everything, fast cars, fast product turn over, fast customer turnover, fast money. It's an art to master, the smallest things affect it.
I agree with this. Not everyone has a good POS system or structure. You also can't factor the customers inability to care about anyone else but themselves.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #91
GasKing

Quote:
I agree with this. Not everyone has a good POS system or structure. You also can't factor the customers inability to care about anyone else but themselves.
Thats the x-factor lol
Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #92
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Comparing a soda purchase to a lottery purchase is a big difference. Soda purchases don't take thought at the counter.

OP, you sell money orders, too?
Quote:
Most places have lottery set up separate from the other sales as well..different registers/drawers etc. If you go to a decent gas station they have multiple people working the counter. I've honestly never had to wait more then 30seconds or a minute tops for somebody to buy lottery tickets at a gas station that only had 1 person working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
All is well?
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #93
dualbob103

My Ride: Mums
Serious question, I heard its bad to to put gas when the tank truck Is there...
dualbob103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #94
ONEinc_StephenK

My Ride: Nothing but BMW
Quote:

lol, wth are you even disputing right now ?
ONEinc_StephenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #95
CollinsE90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEinc_StephenK View Post
lol, wth are you even disputing right now ?
If I have to explain it, it's probably best I don't.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #96
ONEinc_StephenK

No, I got it. You just sound like a whiney a$s little kid.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #97
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
All is well?
All is well my friend, winter is nearing an end, same as tax season... just looking forward to some nice weather that is hopefully right around the corner.

How are you? How is the house coming along?
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #98
CollinsE90

Senior Econ major, far from a "kid."

OP, if you put a convenient store in a higher income area, put a stand alone lottery touch screen, and sold the other stuff, you'd do just fine.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #99
ONEinc_StephenK

Did not mean kid literally. I know you're about my age gap. But how are you so sure telling OP that he can go other routes for that 6% ? I should have just said that from the get, my bad. Explain.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #100
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
do you have an icee machine? I love those thigns

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote