E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #41
Mf3st

My Ride: e46M3
Ok no war here, just its my option and yours. You may be right, I might be wrong but everyone sees it differently
Old 02-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #42
wallyworld

My Ride: 2003 325i 4dr sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
dextrose is a waste of cash imo, and you realize, there is luecine in just about every protein powder, that goes for bcaas for that matter
i dont understand why dextrose is a waste of money, and there's not nearly enough luecine in protein powders to have a insulin like effect on the body.

btw go yellow jackets i from roswell ga. u still go to school there?
wallyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #43
wallyworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf3st View Post
Wasp9166

Well it's not my first cycle. Do some research before you gonna judge me. I am the one who knows my body.
I used to do weekly - 500mg test, 400mg deca or eq, and 150-200mg winni.

Why I am doing deca? Of course better option is Equopoise, but Deca Durabolin can help correct issues with joint tenderness and pain. This is because the drug forces connective tissue to retain greater amounts of water than would normally occur and, in the process, has the effect of greatly reducing pain multiple joints. For that kind of cycle and time it is more than necessary to take that.

The trenbolone give you the definition of the body at the end, but I will see if do this.
I have no problem with roids, they just arent for me, but please just make sure you squat and deadlift there is nothing more frustrating that seeing a guy on steroids who has a nice upper body and no tree trunks for legs.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #44
Sensi09

My Ride: __
Haven't used ZMA in years, but do think it helps for a re****l sleep and vivid dreaming. The extra magnesium can send you to the toilet though.

I believe there were some studies showing that many hard training athletes were deficient in zinc.
Sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #45
Mf3st

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyworld View Post
I have no problem with roids, they just arent for me, but please just make sure you squat and deadlift there is nothing more frustrating that seeing a guy on steroids who has a nice upper body and no tree trunks for legs.

Yep, Legs and dead lifts are the first thing to do if you wanna get bigger and stronger. I Used to weight 215 pounds when I was 21 with 5% body fat and I'm 5'11'' which was to much for my height. My legs were huge but the calf's just stays at the same point and that's the only problem I had at that time.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #46
wallyworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mf3st View Post
Yep, Legs and dead lifts are the first thing to do if you wanna get bigger and stronger. I Used to weight 215 pounds when I was 21 with 5% body fat and I'm 5'11'' which was to much for my height. My legs were huge but the calf's just stays at the same point and that's the only problem I had at that time.
215 lbs? 5' 11"? 5% bf!? dear god. I can only imagine.

yea calves are a trouble spot for a lot of ppl including myself. Idk whether to working them until they grow or rarely work them with just enough stimulus to grow.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #47
Mf3st

215 but then i dropped the water out of the system and I had 198 pounds.

Quote:
yea calves are a trouble spot for a lot of ppl including myself. Idk whether to working them until they grow or rarely work them with just enough stimulus to grow.
Even if i was doing it every day like 4 sets x25 a set. It's something that i just can't get that's what it is.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #48
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
Quote:
i dont understand why dextrose is a waste of money, and there's not nearly enough luecine in protein powders to have a insulin like effect on the body.

btw go yellow jackets i from roswell ga. u still go to school there?
me? i'm from nyc bud

as for dextrose, there is no need for a fast absorbing carb pwo

you really think a bcaa can have an insulin like effect?

i dunno, i'm all hears if you have the data

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #49
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Lol @ no need for fast absorbing carb post workout.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #50
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
me? i'm from nyc bud

as for dextrose, there is no need for a fast absorbing carb pwo

you really think a bcaa can have an insulin like effect?

i dunno, i'm all hears if you have the data
isn't it pretty much proven to be a good thing.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #51
wallyworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Lol @ no need for fast absorbing carb post workout.
u don't need a fast absorbing carb pwo, but u should use something like leucine or caffeine to produce that insulin like effect
Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #52
dabears

I think dextrose is a total waste of money (and also terrible for you), and a whey protein shake alone does spike insulin, however it's better if you consume it with sugar. Why do you think chocolate milk is an awesome pwo drink?

I would only take bcaas if I was working out fasted
Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #53
dabears

Quote:
u don't need a fast absorbing carb pwo, but u should use something like leucine or caffeine to produce that insulin like effect
Why would you not want to spike your insulin post workout? It's one of the most anabolic hormones in the body. And caffeine doesn't have an effect on insulin??? Huh?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #54
wallyworld

Quote:
I think dextrose is a total waste of money (and also terrible for you), and a whey protein shake alone does spike insulin, however it's better if you consume it with sugar. Why do you think chocolate milk is an awesome pwo drink?

Table sugar?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #55
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:

dextrose is corn sugar. Isn't it just as good as regular sugar?
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #56
dabears

Dextrose is just so heavily processed during the "extraction". In reality table sugar is no better, but it is cheaper than the heavily marketed dextrose, maltodextrin, waxy maize etc. White sugar is processed similarly, the only time i would advocate its use is immediately pwo, 40-50g to really get an immediate insulin response.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #57
wallyworld

Quote:
Dextrose is just so heavily processed during the "extraction". In reality table sugar is no better, but it is cheaper than the heavily marketed dextrose, maltodextrin, waxy maize etc. White sugar is processed similarly, the only time i would advocate its use is immediately pwo, 40-50g to really get an immediate insulin response.
So regular sugar is better than dextrose for inducing a insulin spike!?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #58
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Agreed, nothing wrong with having dextrose with in your shake. If you want have carbs in your pwo shake, dextrose is cheap and convenient source. [up]

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #59
dabears

Quote:
So regular sugar is better than dextrose for inducing a insulin spike!?
"In reality table sugar is no better"

From a cost standpoint, I can use sugar in cooking but wouldn't really want to use dextrose... I wouldn't get my $ worth. But it's just splitting hairs. But regardless, I'm a firm believer that a post workout shake should have simple carbs in it, as well as a quality whey protein.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #60
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi09 View Post
Haven't used ZMA in years, but do think it helps for a re****l sleep and vivid dreaming. The extra magnesium can send you to the toilet though.

I believe there were some studies showing that many hard training athletes were deficient in zinc.
Been taking ZMA for the last month or two. Man, are my dreams fvcked up. I was being invaded by aliens last night, and when we'd kill one, they'd figure out how to revive it.
Then I woke up, heard a noise in my apt, and had to search it with my 9mm in hand

/off topic
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote