E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #41
Mango
A full five stars, son
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 23,226
My Ride: M54B30
@ secono330ci

that's an extremely good suspension setup. i need to look into meyle diff bushings
__________________
A lifetime free of problems if you follow my guides
Cooling | Maintenance | Suspension | Vacuum | Supreme Reliability | Details

OVER A MILLION VIEWS

Last edited by Solidjake; 02-28-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Auto-save 1362089668
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #42
325iGirl03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2003 325i
@ secono330ci

I'll take the modded one please & thank you.

Last edited by Solidjake; 02-28-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Auto-save 1362089681
325iGirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #43
stevenherr83
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: lebanon,pa
Posts: 58
My Ride: 2001 bmw 330i
Bought my 01' 330i jan 28th, 2012 with 115k miles, one owner and bone stock.

Current mods:

Ebay projector headlights (didnt know, my bad)
10k 55watt hid kit for low beams
Tinted tails
Tinted windows, 25% on the backs, 35% on the front doors
Rain gaurds (some expensive made in germany ones, forget brand lol)
Diy cai (mocking up a homemade heat shield atm)
Akg poly 75d motor and trans mounts
Bavauto poly lower control arm bushings
Uuc ultimate short shift kit with optional dssr rod
Custom interior trim (overlaid fabric with scitch gaurd)
Bilstien hd rear shocks
Meyle hd rear shock mounts
Rubber spring helpers (these actually work quite nice and alot of people in my are, that own bmw's, recommend them to stiffen up the suspension, and it does very nicely btw)
2 1/2" single exhaust into a bullet muffler
Rims; 18x9 front and 18x9.5" rear with 225/40/18's all around (no clue what rims they are though)

Bimmerbrakes headers (heat wrapped aand silicon sprayed/cured)*not sure if its normal or not but these heade4s have more bolts then the stock headers? took and extra 8 studs over stock


UPDATE* just got the active autowerke's tune, car responsiveness is amazing. Also found out that apparently there were 2 ecu options from factory, stand and performance, which apparently I have the performance ecu...yay!


*Mods getting installed in the next couple days

Stewart warner high flow water pump

*stock radiator and thermostat

My car the day I bought it
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362088286861.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	493089

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362088340129.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	493090



After tint, headlights, exhaust, and rain gaurds. With stock wheels just painted
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362088372013.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	493091


All original paperwork from factory
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362088543497.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	493092


Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362088603738.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	493093

Tinting the tails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362088674688.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	493094

Current setup, sitting a little high as just put on the rear shocks in this pic
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362088790433.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	493095

Uuc short shift kit
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362088865083.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	493096

Bimmerbrakes headers all wraped and sprayed
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362088927602.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	493097


Sorry, only pic I have of my interior, but thats the shift knob, and trim mod
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362088978287.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	493098

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Bimmer App
__________________

Last edited by stevenherr83; 03-09-2013 at 09:25 AM.
stevenherr83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #44
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,029
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Stock...
__________________

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #45
HallisterJ1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 326
My Ride: 2001 325i, 2003 M3
2001 325i

Exterior:

Previous owner did a facelift conversion
81 LED Angel Eyes
Mtech 1 Front Bumper

Wheels:
Style 161 Plastidipped Black ATM
Centric Rotors Slotted/Drilled, Centric Brake Pads

Driveshaft:
Custom 750Li CSB Retrofit (Long story, we made it work flawlessly)

Suspension:
Lemforder FCABS

Other then that, everything else is just maint. I want a sports steering wheel so bad though.
__________________
HallisterJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #46
e46whizkid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 49
My Ride: 2001 330i sport pckg
I have an OEM 330i excpet for the ECU and euro specs (CAT CONVERTERS, gear ratios) and 225 front, 245 rear
__________________
2001 E46(FTW) 330i Sport Package, Premium Package, 5 Speed Auto (my baby)

2009 X3 6 Spd Auto OEM

2013 535i XDrive fully loaded (M Sport) OEM + Carbon Ceramic Brake BMW Upgrade
e46whizkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #47
Alex323Ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Huntington Beach -Surf City USA
Posts: 17,546
My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
the M3 has been done up as a combination of "OEM upgraded" and aftermarket mods. here is a cut n paste of an earlier list i had posted some time ago


BODY/EXTERIOR
- Vorsteiner CSL Trunk Colormatched
- CSL Carbon Fiber Diffuser Colormatched
- Body Colored Kidney Surrounds
- Carbon Fiber M3 Side Vents
- Body Colored Bumper Reflectors
- Body Colored Keyhole Delete
- Carbon Fiber CSL Race Bumper Splitter
- Rear Bumper Full Repaint
- OEM LED Clear Tail Lamps
- OEM Euro Autofold M3 Mirrors
- OEM Euro Wide-Angle Mirror Glass
- Smoked Front Turn Signals
- 3500K Angel Eyes (OEM Look)
- Custom Projector Foglamps
- HID 4300K Fogs
- Xenarc 4300K Headlamp Bulbs
- PIAA Highbeam Bulbs
- New OEM Roudels
- Metallic Window Tint
- LaminX Protection (headlamp/fogs/turnsignal)
INTERIOR
- OEM Black Nappa Leather Interior (switched in)
- OEM M3 Rear Width Power Adjustable Side Bolsters Seats L/R
- Black Leather Center Console
- Racing Dynamics Black Annodized Pedals
- OEM Lighted ///M F10 Shift Knob
- OEM Euro tray
- OEM First Aid Underseat Boxes L/R
- OEM M3 Trunk Carpet Mat
- OEM Cargo Net
WHEELS/SUSPENSION/BRAKING
- OEM CSL Wheels by BBS (not ZCP) 8.5x19 Frt 9.5x19 Rr
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cups 255/35/ZR19 and 285/30/ZR19
- OEM E9x Roundel Wheel Center Caps
- BBS Valve Stems/Cap
- OEM Space Saver Spare Tire (for long trips)
- OEM BMW PERFORMANCE CF Strut Brace
- Bilstein PSS9 Coil-over Kit
- Rogue Engineering Rear Shock Mounts
- OEM CSL Steering Rack
- OEM CSL Black Calipers F/R
- OEM CSL Vented/Cross Drilled Floating Rotors F/R
- StopTech SP Brake Pads F/R
- SuperBlue Racing Brake Fluid
- UUC Blue S/S Teflon Hose Brakelines
- OEM BMW Motorsport "Group N" Motormounts
- UUC RTABs
ENGINE/PERFORMANCE
- Active Autowerks Custom Sport Tune (Sport, Shift Lights, 8200 rpm)
- Active Autowerks Power Pulleys
- Autosolutions Ultimate SSK 40% Reduction
- Gruppe M Carbon Fiber Intake System
- BMC Air Filter (replaced)
- Bimmerworld Intake Elbow (replaced)
- Supersprint Sport Muffler + rasp pipe
- BMW Motorsport 4.10 R&P Geared Differential
- UUC Blue S/S Teflon Hose Clutch Line
- UUC Transmission Mounts
- UUC Big Boy Clutch Stop
- OEM Exhaust Mounts (all custom re-inforced)
SOUND/ELECTRONICS
- Dynavin Navigation H/U
- Soundstream VGA 320.4 Amp
- Soundstream Di175 Amp
- Diamond Audio Rear Speakers
- MB Quart Front Component Speakers
- Dual JL Audio Sub Box
- Dynamat Sound Deadening Trunk
- OEM Homelink
- OEM Alarm
- Reverse Infrared Trunk Mounted Back-up Camera
- One Touch Remote Open/Close Coded Windows
__________________
OE CSL WHEELS - OE CSL BRAKES - OE AUTOFLD MIRRORS - CSL TRUNK - CSL DIFFUSER - AA TUNE - AA PULLEYS - AS 40% SSK - BILSTEIN PSS9s
CF CSL LIP - NAVI - BMWPERF CF STRUT BAR - BMW GROUP N MNTS - GRUPPE M CF INTAKE - SUPERSPRINT - UUC BRKLINES, TRANS, RTABs - H&R SWAYS - 4.10 M-SPORT DIFF
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #48
SilverThreeTwoFive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 320
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
My little 2002 325i is all stock. The only thing I have done it put a set of black kidney grills on it to change the front end again. I plan on keeping it mostly stock as well. The last two cars I had were modded, my Acura CL which was my first car and a Auto-X Ford Focus that was a mean little son of a bitch. I wanna keep it mostly all factory just because I like the clean and simple look of a nice factory car. If I did anything I might swap out the wheels for some different factory BMW wheels and maybe drop it a tad. And by a tad I mean MAYBE an inch just to have that little touch that sets it apart from the others on the road. Not to be a whore but Mango's car is, to me, a beautifully example of a perfect E46. Also the barely molested ZHP that was posted earlier was just right.
SilverThreeTwoFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #49
jmillsner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 461
My Ride: 330Ci 6 Spd, 335Cic
bone stock except for winter rims and rubber, AUX port, and a hardwired V1
jmillsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:03 AM   #50
Kmoy2002
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,011
My Ride: 2002tii, 540i, 330i
All oe except for:

replica m-tech II splitters
replica shadow grille
LED angel eyes
replica clear signals
Stewart water pump/ECS aluminum water pump pulley
VMR VB3 csl wheels
AUX port
__________________

Last edited by Kmoy2002; 03-01-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Kmoy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #51
SilverThreeTwoFive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 320
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmoy2002 View Post
All oe except for:

replica m-tech II splitters
replica shadow grille
LED angel eyes
replica clear signals
Stewart water pump/ECS aluminum water pump pulley
VMR VB3 csl wheels
AUX port
19" wheels?
SilverThreeTwoFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #52
secono330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NJ>>>>FL
Posts: 2,998
My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
@ secono330ci

that's an extremely good suspension setup. i need to look into meyle diff bushings
It is stunning. The grip with 255's all around is unreal.

I recommend the Meyle, no added noise or anything. You'll like it.
secono330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #53
secono330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NJ>>>>FL
Posts: 2,998
My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
the M3 has been done up as a combination of "OEM upgraded" and aftermarket mods. here is a cut n paste of an earlier list i had posted some time ago


BODY/EXTERIOR
- Vorsteiner CSL Trunk Colormatched
- CSL Carbon Fiber Diffuser Colormatched
- Body Colored Kidney Surrounds
- Carbon Fiber M3 Side Vents
- Body Colored Bumper Reflectors
- Body Colored Keyhole Delete
- Carbon Fiber CSL Race Bumper Splitter
- Rear Bumper Full Repaint
- OEM LED Clear Tail Lamps
- OEM Euro Autofold M3 Mirrors
- OEM Euro Wide-Angle Mirror Glass
- Smoked Front Turn Signals
- 3500K Angel Eyes (OEM Look)
- Custom Projector Foglamps
- HID 4300K Fogs
- Xenarc 4300K Headlamp Bulbs
- PIAA Highbeam Bulbs
- New OEM Roudels
- Metallic Window Tint
- LaminX Protection (headlamp/fogs/turnsignal)
INTERIOR
- OEM Black Nappa Leather Interior (switched in)
- OEM M3 Rear Width Power Adjustable Side Bolsters Seats L/R
- Black Leather Center Console
- Racing Dynamics Black Annodized Pedals
- OEM Lighted ///M F10 Shift Knob
- OEM Euro tray
- OEM First Aid Underseat Boxes L/R
- OEM M3 Trunk Carpet Mat
- OEM Cargo Net
WHEELS/SUSPENSION/BRAKING
- OEM CSL Wheels by BBS (not ZCP) 8.5x19 Frt 9.5x19 Rr
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cups 255/35/ZR19 and 285/30/ZR19
- OEM E9x Roundel Wheel Center Caps
- BBS Valve Stems/Cap
- OEM Space Saver Spare Tire (for long trips)
- OEM BMW PERFORMANCE CF Strut Brace
- Bilstein PSS9 Coil-over Kit
- Rogue Engineering Rear Shock Mounts
- OEM CSL Steering Rack
- OEM CSL Black Calipers F/R
- OEM CSL Vented/Cross Drilled Floating Rotors F/R
- StopTech SP Brake Pads F/R
- SuperBlue Racing Brake Fluid
- UUC Blue S/S Teflon Hose Brakelines
- OEM BMW Motorsport "Group N" Motormounts
- UUC RTABs
ENGINE/PERFORMANCE
- Active Autowerks Custom Sport Tune (Sport, Shift Lights, 8200 rpm)
- Active Autowerks Power Pulleys
- Autosolutions Ultimate SSK 40% Reduction
- Gruppe M Carbon Fiber Intake System
- BMC Air Filter (replaced)
- Bimmerworld Intake Elbow (replaced)
- Supersprint Sport Muffler + rasp pipe
- BMW Motorsport 4.10 R&P Geared Differential
- UUC Blue S/S Teflon Hose Clutch Line
- UUC Transmission Mounts
- UUC Big Boy Clutch Stop
- OEM Exhaust Mounts (all custom re-inforced)
SOUND/ELECTRONICS
- Dynavin Navigation H/U
- Soundstream VGA 320.4 Amp
- Soundstream Di175 Amp
- Diamond Audio Rear Speakers
- MB Quart Front Component Speakers
- Dual JL Audio Sub Box
- Dynamat Sound Deadening Trunk
- OEM Homelink
- OEM Alarm
- Reverse Infrared Trunk Mounted Back-up Camera
- One Touch Remote Open/Close Coded Windows
Always been a fan of how you mod your cars. Very nice

Last edited by secono330ci; 03-01-2013 at 08:58 AM.
secono330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #54
330iPilot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 587
My Ride: Titanium Silver 330i
SS pedal covers
Aftermarket M3 bumper because I tore the crap out of my sport one and I'm too cheap to get the MTech I really wanted.
Myele LCA's and bushings
Drilled front rotors w/semi-metallic pads all around because I hate the dust of the Texstars

Other than that, bone stock.
330iPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #55
terzinator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Twin Cities MN
Posts: 220
My Ride: 325iT 5-sp RWD Sport
2002 325i Touring - Alpine White

OEM+... very mild modifications, and tastefully done, I think.

Modifications (everything but the CABs were done before I purchased the car):
OEM ZHP Front Bumper
OEM ZHP Full Leather Steering Wheel
OEM ZHP Style 135 Wheels
OEM ZHP Weighted Shift Knob
Dinan Throttle Body
Dinan Stage 2 Software
Dinan Carbon Fiber Front Strut Bar
Dinan Muffler
AFE Cold Air Intake
Brembo Slotted Rotors, Pads, SS lines
PowerFlex CABs
VDO Gauges (Voltage, Oil Pressure, Temp) under climate controls
UUC Short Shift Kit
BMW Aluminum and Rubber Pedals/Dead Pedal
USA Spec Ipod Integration Kit
OEM e46 HIDs with Clear Film Protection (On corners and fogs as well)
30% Pinnacle F1 Ceramic Tint
__________________

E46FANATICS Touring Forum!

Last edited by terzinator; Today at 11:56 PM. REASON: Fear.
terzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #56
325iGirl03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by terzinator View Post
2002 325i Touring - Alpine White

30% Pinnacle F1 Ceramic Tint
How do you like the ceramic tint?

I thought about doing this as well. I have an appointment next week to get the tinting done & I am deciding if I want ceramic or not. I know it gets more heat out (which is nice when you have leather seats in the summer with shorts on, OUCH!) but other than that... pricing & quality I'm guessing is the only difference?
325iGirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #57
terzinator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Twin Cities MN
Posts: 220
My Ride: 325iT 5-sp RWD Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325iGirl03 View Post
How do you like the ceramic tint?

I thought about doing this as well. I have an appointment next week to get the tinting done & I am deciding if I want ceramic or not. I know it gets more heat out (which is nice when you have leather seats in the summer with shorts on, OUCH!) but other than that... pricing & quality I'm guessing is the only difference?
I love it, but it's 20% too dark for Minnesota laws! I have to make an appointment to get at least the front windows lightened a bit.

Anyway, it was done before I got the car, so I haven't had a chance to weigh all the different options.
__________________

E46FANATICS Touring Forum!

Last edited by terzinator; Today at 11:56 PM. REASON: Fear.

Last edited by terzinator; 03-01-2013 at 12:44 PM.
terzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #58
325iGirl03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2003 325i
Yeah, in GA it's 32%. I think I'll go regular, I like quality, but if it comes w/ a lifetime warranty then there isn't much to worry about. Good luck, hope you don't get pulled over before you can make the appointment!
325iGirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #59
325iGirl03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 105
My Ride: 2003 325i
...You could always claim you can't see good & get a medical exemption. Ha ha, jokes.
325iGirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #60
terzinator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Twin Cities MN
Posts: 220
My Ride: 325iT 5-sp RWD Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325iGirl03 View Post
...You could always claim you can't see good & get a medical exemption. Ha ha, jokes.
My father has a doctor's exemption for skin cancer. Worth a shot, anyway!
__________________

E46FANATICS Touring Forum!

Last edited by terzinator; Today at 11:56 PM. REASON: Fear.
terzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use