E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 09:08 AM   #281
mdrobnak

My Ride: 04 330i SMG TT STG1
Wow.
mdrobnak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #282
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
wow, what a numb nut
Old 04-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #283
m3sc

My Ride: 06 TurboM3,06 SC C55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Classy guy...I can tell you're full of sh!t because nobody in a position such as yourself would ever act so childish. Sell your car; you don't deserve it.
Who gives a * about what you think? You come here with a snide remark without even knowing situation and make assumptions you know nothing about. Keep your opinions to yourself if you want to attack somebody for simply expressing their frustration.
m3sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #284
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3sc View Post
Who gives a * about what you think? You come here with a snide remark without even knowing situation and make assumptions you know nothing about. Keep your opinions to yourself if you want to attack somebody for simply expressing their frustration.
I think you may have misunderstood his remark.

It sounded like in his experience, Kenton has not experienced comments made similar to the ones that you have made, from executive level professionals.

I found your remarks odd as well, but I can also relate to being extremely frustrated with progress at times.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #285
m3sc

My Ride: 06 TurboM3,06 SC C55
My aplogies to Max PSI and other members I've offended

I had a talk with Mike just now and understand now how hard he and Nick are working. Basically around the clock. If I had known how busy they were I would be more patient and understanding. They obviously have some logistics issues with Nick and Mike being thousands of miles apart and having to physically tune the cars and not just remotely.

Mike told me the car is ready for pickup and is running fine and that any further tweaks and refinements can be done by mailing the ECU to them. This would be the method until they get the tools and capability to send the files via email and have the receipient load it onto the ECU.

I told them I would rather have them hold the car for another 2 weeks to perfect the stage 2 tuning. I'm sure everybody else who owns or thinks about about purchasing a stage 2 SMG kit would prefer that as well since the kit would be even better and less wait time.

I'm sorry for sounding arrogant and I don't want to alienate fellow members here as we are all on here for the same reason. Enjoying and sharing our enthusiasm and excitement of our cars.

Last edited by m3sc; 04-14-2014 at 05:35 PM.
m3sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #286
Riotch671

My Ride: 2002 e46 BMW M3
Great things happening here! Cant wait to send my order in!
Old 04-27-2014, 12:04 PM   #287
BGOC

My Ride: M3
This what my car made the other day at maximum psi. Stage 2 somwhere around 17psi from what mike said. Can't wait to get her back. Something to consider SuperFlow dyno reads approx 6-7% less than a typical dynojet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MS109_maxpsi3inch.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	555812  
BGOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #288
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: Turbo M3 7168 27PSI
Send a message via Skype™ to being3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGOC View Post
This what my car made the other day at maximum psi. Stage 2 somwhere around 17psi from what mike said. Can't wait to get her back. Something to consider SuperFlow dyno reads approx 6-7% less than a typical dynojet.

Great power....
Old 04-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #289
BrianSpilner

My Ride: Max PSI Stage 2
Quote:
I'm guessing that is on MS109?
BrianSpilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #290
BGOC

Yes, this was on MS109
Old 04-27-2014, 10:06 PM   #291
being3
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Yes, this was on MS109

It would be nice to see the pump numbers as well
Old 04-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #292
BrianSpilner

Awesome numbers!!! Right around 700rwhp as advertised (when adding 6-7%). I can't wait to dyno mine this week!
Old 04-28-2014, 12:42 AM   #293
BGOC

Yea, considering stock motor, stock ECU, SMG, etc.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #294
BaDiNfLuEnCe

My Ride: 04 m3, 06 jeep srt8
Now that my stage 1 is running 100%.. I want to go stage 2. But im holding my breath for e85 setup. Traveling so far and paying $80 for 5 gallons of race gas is not worth it to me. Would rather run a pump + meth setup if e85 doesnt come soon enough. Its just more convient. I wonder how much lbs of boost i can run with meth

[/IMG][/URL]
BaDiNfLuEnCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:27 PM   #295
BrianSpilner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDiNfLuEnCe View Post
Now that my stage 1 is running 100%.. I want to go stage 2. But im holding my breath for e85 setup. Traveling so far and paying $80 for 5 gallons of race gas is not worth it to me. Would rather run a pump + meth setup if e85 doesnt come soon enough. Its just more convient. I wonder how much lbs of boost i can run with meth
The Max PSI manifolds aren't ideal or setup for meth. I wouldn't mess with it because I feel like meth never works properly. There's always an issue with the pump not working and etc. I would wait for E85.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #296
being3
Modded ///Member

Official Release - Maximum PSI E46 M3 Turbo Kit

Quote:
I like 50/50 water meth.. It's been proven and used in FI aircraft engines since WWII...I have run 15 psi with stock compression making as much as 640 wheel and 520 torque. It's very reliable as compared to pure meth setup. Also needs to be setup correctly with proper fail safes in place such as a flow meter , pressure monitoring and safety cut switch to low boost... etc.. I would love to run e85 but it's not available and race gas is a pain so it's a great alternative. Tune is very important.

Last edited by being3; 05-02-2014 at 12:16 AM.
being3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #297
Nabs

My Ride: AW/IR M3
Quote:
Now that my stage 1 is running 100%..
Did you completely get rid of the stalling issue?
Old 05-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #298
BaDiNfLuEnCe

My Ride: 04 m3, 06 jeep srt8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBoss View Post
The Max PSI manifolds aren't ideal or setup for meth. I wouldn't mess with it because I feel like meth never works properly. There's always an issue with the pump not working and etc. I would wait for E85.
Well the install would be done by maximum psi them selves.. I already got the quote. I would be using aquamist hfs 3 or 6 which is the only sytem they said they would install. I honestly would barely use the race gas tune. Meth or e85 are most convient for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by being3 View Post
I like 50/50 water meth.. It's been proven and used in FI aircraft engines since WWII...I have run 15 psi with stock compression making as much as 640 wheel and 520 torque. It's very reliable as compared to pure meth setup. Also needs to be setup correctly with proper fail safes in place such as a flow meter , pressure monitoring and safety cut switch to low boost... etc.. I would love to run e85 but it's not available and race gas is a pain so it's a great alternative. Tune is very important.
Definetly would be 50/50 or 60/40 setup.. Tune would be done by nick and mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
Did you completely get rid of the stalling issue?
I would say about 97%.. I had to go back for another flash. I also want to change all of my throttle position sensors to see if that would help get it to 100%.. I remeber reading some dude with smg solve his problem by changing the sensors.. And my ems light ocassionaly came on before i got the kit, but hasnt since i got the kit. So honestly i should have been changed it

[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited by BaDiNfLuEnCe; 05-02-2014 at 10:51 AM.
BaDiNfLuEnCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #299
BrianSpilner

I got the new and final tune on Wednesday, but didn't install the ECU until this morning and she runs PERFECTLY!!!

After I put the ECU in, I reset adaptations and then took it out for a spin immediately. During the initial test drive, the car shut off on me approaching a stop sign (car was warm). I was like, "Oh boy, not this!!!" After that, for the first 10 miles or so, the RPMs would drop like the car wasn't getting enough fuel and it wanted to shut off (fuel pressure was normal). I stopped in at a restaurant to get a bite to eat with a friend, got back in the car, and it never happened again; not even with the dump valve open.

The car idles PERFECTLY without the RPMs bouncing, and the shifts are smooth. No check engine lights. All AFR's, Boost, Oil Pressure, and FPR's seem to be normal.

I was scheduled to do some dyno pulls today, but I was running late and the shop got busy with 8 second Cobras. Because of that I am scheduled for tomorrow at 12PM. I HOPE to get dyno pulls with MS109, if not, I will have just pump gas and I will do MS109 pulls sometime after Mfest.

Last edited by BrianSpilner; 05-02-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #300
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
One does not simply have their car shut off...without a fair reason...