E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #141
cosmos///m3

My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfreak1 View Post
Sooo how was it?? Did you see the built motor car they have in the works??
Made a write up here on E46F & M3F (same write up):

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...post1066191213

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=992043

Old 07-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #142
DZILVA

My Ride: 330cic Individual mt
very impressive!, if only there is a RHD kit, I would order a kit in a heartbeat!
DZILVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #143
m3sc

My Ride: 06 TurboM3,06 SC C55
Another So Cal Customer...

My car went into Castro Motorsports for the installation of the kit yesterday. I also purchased the boost controller (Eboost2) in the hopes of getting to Stage 2 when it is officially released. Eventually to Stage 3 with the bigger turbo and built engine, tranny, clutch, sub-frame etc...

Should be done by the this Friday. Will update will driving impressions and perhaps a 91Octane dyno when the weather cools down. I will also take it to Fontana raceway for a couple of 1/4 runs and post the time slips. I will just run on stock tires. This car is completely stock for now. Thinkng of adding exhaust in a few weeks if Castro can build a custom one that sounds like the MaxPSI one. Otherwise I will just purchase Maximum PSI's exhaust system and have Chris install it.
m3sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #144
OzJustin

My Ride: E46 M3 (soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZILVA View Post
very impressive!, if only there is a RHD kit, I would order a kit in a heartbeat!
I second that!
OzJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #145
daemonicus

My Ride: batmobile
i'd like some stage 3 news.

Last edited by daemonicus; 08-02-2013 at 09:54 PM.
daemonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #146
cosmos///m3

Mike/Luke-

Hows the E85 progress coming along??
Old 08-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #147
Grinchxvx

My Ride: 2001 M3, 1998 M3
Official Release - Maximum PSI E46 M3 Turbo Kit

How would this kit run on 91 octane? I've never really seen 93 around here.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Grinchxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #148
kal_el

My Ride: 2006 JB M3 ZCP
sigh. Hopefully soon. This is all I need to be complete with the M.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:01 AM   #149
0-60motorsports

My Ride: E30 325ic & E46 M3
Send a message via MSN to 0-60motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60motorsports
Email Sent
EURO 04 M3: GC Coils, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Trunk + CF Rear Diffusor + CSL center console, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS Stepped Headers, SS Catless S & Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering + CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R 3.0's, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace, BW Oil Cooler, 3.91 gears
0-60motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #150
m3sc

Car was almost done. Drives crazy strong on manual boost on the test drive but they are having issues with the EBoost2 controller. It is not holding boost.

Once this is done I will have exhaust upgraded.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #151
cosmos///m3

Luke, Mike, & the guys at MaxPSI must be swamped... haven't heard much out of them in a while...
Old 08-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #152
Eric W

My Ride: 02 AA M3, 02 325ci
^^^ Yea I was just about to say that. They kinda disappeared for awhile. I got on there site last night just to make sure they where still up an running.
Eric W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #153
sundaybmx

My Ride: 04 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric W View Post
^^^ Yea I was just about to say that. They kinda disappeared for awhile. I got on there site last night just to make sure they where still up an running.
After they finished their kit they haven't posted much I PMed them 5/25 and never heard back.
sundaybmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #154
mdrobnak

My Ride: 04 330i SMG TT STG1
I highly recommend emailing them, if not calling the shop. They are responsive to those methods.

-Matt
mdrobnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #155
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Sorry guys, we've been very busy working on a few high priority builds and further knock sensor testing for our e46m3 kits. We will post up some updates shortly. Until then, please shoot us an email for the quickest response. Thanks, Mike
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #156
m3sc

I've been in contact with Luke the last week. Castro figured out the eBoost2 controller and according to him the car is done but I am out of town and not able to pick up. I told him to get started on the custom exhaust system until I get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post
Sorry guys, we've been very busy working on a few high priority builds and further knock sensor testing for our e46m3 kits. We will post up some updates shortly. Until then, please shoot us an email for the quickest response. Thanks, Mike
Old 11-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #157
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
we need some owner longer term reviews
Old 11-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #158
djtrini

My Ride: 04 M3 & 05 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
we need some owner longer term reviews
+ 1, and I'd also like to know if there was any resolution achieved with the issue Dexter experienced with the exhaust manifold cracking on his MaxPSI kit and having a warped flange (on his original manifold, and just a warped flange on the replacement manifold that was sent to lab22) it was also mentioned in his build thread an issue with the turbo oil return set up, in which lab22's fix for that was to install an oil scavenge pump to resolve the issue.

Last edited by djtrini; 11-24-2013 at 01:08 PM.
djtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #159
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtrini View Post
+ 1, and I'd also like to know if there was any resolution achieved with the issue Dexter experienced with the exhaust manifold cracking on his MaxPSI kit and having a warped flange (on his original manifold, and just a warped flange on the replacement manifold that was sent to lab22) it was also mentioned in his build thread an issue with the turbo oil return set up, in which lab22's fix for that was to install an oil scavenge pump to resolve the issue.
We offer a lifetime warranty on our manifolds. We have looked into the warped flanges and corrected any issues with the manifolds in stock. The cracking was caused by the manifold being stressed when it was bolted down. The manifolds are now going through additional steps to assure the best quality control.

The header doesn't require an oil pump. I have over 20k miles on my kit using the same header and there is no oil smoke or contamination from oil drainage issues. FYI, Dexter's car also never had any oil smoke or contamination, just some oil residue in the turbine housing. I recommended not running a pump because it is not needed, and when you have a system that relies on a scavenge pump, you are stuck when the pump fails. We have 17 e46's without a pump, and numerous e36's(same header location) on the road with no issues.
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #160
alexis.torres

My Ride: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post
We offer a lifetime warranty on our manifolds. We have looked into the warped flanges and corrected any issues with the manifolds in stock. The cracking was caused by the manifold being stressed when it was bolted down. The manifolds are now going through additional steps to assure the best quality control.

The header doesn't require an oil pump. I have over 20k miles on my kit using the same header and there is no oil smoke or contamination from oil drainage issues. FYI, Dexter's car also never had any oil smoke or contamination, just some oil residue in the turbine housing. I recommended not running a pump because it is not needed, and when you have a system that relies on a scavenge pump, you are stuck when the pump fails. We have 17 e46's without a pump, and numerous e36's(same header location) on the road with no issues.
CPI section 1 RT's with 400 cell cats
PSI Fan Clutch-SMG to 6 spd conversion
Rogue Engineering SSK- Megan Euro coilovers
Custom two tone interior gray/black
Bimmian carbon/alcantara steering wheel
Bmw performances shifter knob
alexis.torres is offline   Reply With Quote