E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
UpOn3

My Ride: 01 330i
what's my moded 01 330i worth?

First off it's an Auto, so I'm not even sure there's a market for an Auto that's been moded properly. LOL

Yeah, wife's car that I couldn't stand stock, now she's got a new ride, so the sale, maybe... If I don't loose my shirt. So even if you wouldn't buy it, what would someone in the market for a Auto think this car is worth? Throw out some numbers, don't be shy, but please don't be rude.

Do the mods decrease its value from the Auto buyer's perspetive? Certainly the list of repairs I've performed should be a plus.

Here goes:
156K, second owner, always CA, all main records, rear subframe inspected.
Silver/Black, Sport + Premium, wood trim, steptronic 5 spd.
No Xenon
Overall condition, very good, Inside 8/outside 8+. Super clean, garaged most of it's life. Everything works as it should.

All upgrades and work done over last 2 years

New Bilstein Sport/Eibach Pro, M3 mounts, reinforced rear, strut tower bar
17x8 Rare 10 Spoke OEM Parts counter only (Radial 50?) wheels w/ 235/40/17 GY F1 tires.
Factory CD
New Akebono ceramic pads all around
30% tint all around
Clear turn signals
Retrofit OE grill w black slats/chrome rim

Very clean Euro look. Lowered only to those that know.

The best part about this car is that I spent $ getting it in perfect order mechanically. I'm sure this is actually a bargain for anyone looking to get a similar mileage E46, but that's also a hard sell for me when competing against cars that will need work soon. It's only folks like you that would understand.

Basically everything that commonly goes wrong with an E46 went wrong with this car, plus some uncommon stuff like the rear main seal and oil pan gasket!

Here is a quick list of what I can recall.
100% of the cooling system and all associated sensors (one more in the Auto) were replaced.
Vanos oil line replaced.
VCG, OFHG
HP and other PS lines replaced.
1 coil, all plugs
all fluids w/OE (brakes, transmission 2x with filter/gasket each time)
Mobil 1 OW-40
fuel filter
fuel pump
motor mounts
both rear window regulartors
control arm bushings

Whenever I took care of anything I changed that could need it down the road like the CSB and Flex disk. The only thing I havn't had to touch was the DISA, CCV, Vanos seals, and the two front regulators!

common, is anyone going to pay me any good money for this car? It's set for another 80K miles! I know the honest truth is that I should keep it to save my shirt, but just let me know how bad my offer will be. Thanks.
UpOn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
hermunn123

My Ride: '04 330i ZHP
Mods typically don't add value to a car, despite what you may think.

Doing maintenance on a car doesn't add cash value either.
hermunn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
probably 5-6k at most.

Last edited by Solidjake; 03-02-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
What mode is your 330i in?

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote