E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #41
jmcdolej

My Ride: 328i-GONE ;(
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD330 View Post
Self-confidence, she looks awesome, and first time in a bathing suit this year? Keeping my girl interested in me. Not getting lazy and fat like most men do when they marry.

Once again, I understand its thought I wont see a difference but whatever, might as well try.

edit: Where's the encouragement in this group? Besides a few, most have been just ragging on the idea. Whether or not it works, why not ****ing try.
The negative comes from you wanting results in two weeks. Most in here have been working hard for months or even years. What is wrong with us being honest saying you are not going to see results in two weeks. Now if I was you and I wanted real results I would start a plan after the trip. Use the pictures of this trip for motivation going forward.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...670&highlight=

The story of the "thing" in my sig!!!!!!
jmcdolej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #42
AlexD330

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcdolej View Post
The negative comes from you wanting results in two weeks. Most in here have been working hard for months or even years. What is wrong with us being honest saying you are not going to see results in two weeks. Now if I was you and I wanted real results I would start a plan after the trip. Use the pictures of this trip for motivation going forward.
Well I guess nothing, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't try. And Im going to anyway. And as I said to Solly, when I do get back, I will be looking to revamp the routine and build some size all over.

Sorry, almost lost my cool there...
April Dub Mix Out NOW!
AlexD330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #43
jmcdolej

My Ride: 328i-GONE ;(
Curls, push ups, and a tan with help with confidence for the trip.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...670&highlight=

The story of the "thing" in my sig!!!!!!
jmcdolej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #44
AlexD330

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcdolej View Post
Curls, push ups, cardio, insanity abs and core workouts, diet and a tan with help with confidence for the trip.
fixed and thats all exactly what Im doing.
April Dub Mix Out NOW!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #45
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
You don't have enough time to make a noticeable difference.

You have a woman, so what's the point? If you were going with a group of friends who were trying to pick up chicks, I could see the angle.
I hate that mentality. I got a gf and turned my sh1t up. I probably gained 10lbs since meeting her and strength is higher than ever. Maybe the multiple boners she gives me is giving me a test boost or something lol.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #46
AlexD330

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyllos View Post
i hate that mentality. I got a gf and turned my sh1t up. I probably gained 10lbs since meeting her and strength is higher than ever. Maybe the multiple boners she gives me is giving me a test boost or something lol.
thank you, my point exactly.
April Dub Mix Out NOW!

Last edited by AlexD330; 03-04-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #47
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
I'm worried that 3 months won't be enough to lose ~8 lbs of fat, something I need to do for summer. It's not that we aren't being supportive, we are just being realistic. If you want to look better for the cruise, drink a ton of water and do intense cardio where you are sweating constantly right before the trip. That will make you look more "toned" (i hate that word). The biggest difference you can do? Get a solid tan, and do something like this every morning while on the cruise so your muscles get pumped.

3 sets of 20 push-ups
3 sets of 30 squats
3 sets of 1 minute planks
3 sets of 20 sit-ups
3 sets of tricep dips

You can do that in your room with no equipment.

And then use this as motivation to get some solid advice here on how to look awesome 24/7 lol

I also think some guys find it a tad arrogant that people in general (not saying you) seem to think they can get ripped by exercising intensely and eating well for a couple weeks when they know firsthand it's years of that kind of work/dedication.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #48
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I hate that mentality. I got a gf and turned my sh1t up. I probably gained 10lbs since meeting her and strength is higher than ever. Maybe the multiple boners she gives me is giving me a test boost or something lol.
Don't get me wrong, but if that is truly his mentality, this thread wouldn't exist because he would have been putting in the work already.

Usually if I hear someone who booked a cruise and wants to get ripped quick, I assume they are not keeping themselves in shape to begin with and probably are just doing it for the beach appeal to pull some chicks.

I'm not advocating to sit on the couch and do nothing since you have a chick, but trying to get ripped in 2 weeks to impress a gf you already have is pointless.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #49
AlexD330

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I'm worried that 3 months won't be enough to lose ~8 lbs of fat, something I need to do for summer. It's not that we aren't being supportive, we are just being realistic. If you want to look better for the cruise, drink a ton of water and do intense cardio where you are sweating constantly right before the trip. That will make you look more "toned" (i hate that word). The biggest difference you can do? Get a solid tan, and do something like this every morning while on the cruise so your muscles get pumped.

3 sets of 20 push-ups
3 sets of 30 squats
3 sets of 20 sit-ups
3 sets of tricep dips

And then use this as motivation to get some solid advice here on how to look awesome 24/7 lol

I also think some guys find it a tad arrogant that people in general (not saying you) seem to think they can get ripped by exercising intensely and eating well for a couple weeks when they know firsthand it's years of that kind of work/dedication.
I do a small home workout almost exactly like that almost every day (espeically days I cannot make it to the gym). Planks, toyotas (many different names), push ups, crunches, bicycles, and an insanity cardio workout.

Getting a tan membership today haha.

Okay, well one thing I guess I didnt but I think I have by now, is that Im not truly trying to get RIPPED by cruise time, just cut some excess fat (i dont have much?) and slim down and continue to burn and kill my abs and arms. I fully intend on doing as you said and others, and improving what I am already doing with supplements and better workout tips/routines once this is all over.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, but if that is truly his mentality, this thread wouldn't exist because he would have been putting in the work already.

Usually if I hear someone who booked a cruise and wants to get ripped quick, I assume they are not keeping themselves in shape to begin with and probably are just doing it for the beach appeal to pull some chicks.

I'm not advocating to sit on the couch and do nothing since you have a chick, but trying to get ripped in 2 weeks to impress a gf you already have is pointless.
I put in the work a lot, it just hasn't been enough/or the right diet, routine, supplements to actually get where Id like to be at this point. So, I am not going to find chicks, just make the one I have continue to think Im the sexiest guy on the boat. But also, its for my comfort and confidence of being in only a swim suit for 4 days. Im not working to impress, just continue to look great for her.
April Dub Mix Out NOW!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #50
AlexD330

Also, this has been a great discussion guys and I really appreciate all the feedback, ideas, etc.
April Dub Mix Out NOW!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #51
DylloS

Quote:

3 sets of 20 push-ups
3 sets of 30 squats
3 sets of 20 sit-ups
3 sets of tricep dips

me and the gf already talked about hitting up the gym every morning before the pool on our cruise lol

Quote:

You're right

Quote:

I put in the work a lot, it just hasn't been enough/or the right diet, routine, supplements to actually get where Id like to be at this point. So, I am not going to find chicks, just make the one I have continue to think Im the sexiest guy on the boat. But also, its for my comfort and confidence of being in only a swim suit for 4 days. Im not working to impress, just continue to look great for her.
You want motivation?

It doesn't look like it!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #52
AlexD330

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
me and the gf already talked about hitting up the gym every morning before the pool on our cruise lol

You're right

You want motivation?

It doesn't look like it!
Same here, we will be doing some morning things as well.

THANKS ***HOLE haha. jk But yeah I know I need to do better.
April Dub Mix Out NOW!

Last edited by AlexD330; 03-04-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #53
DylloS

Quote:
Same here, we will be doing some morning things as well.

THANKS ***HOLE haha. jk But yeah I know I need to do better.
i dont look anywhere near what I think I should either. Don't worry about it.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #54
AlexD330

Oh also, to aid in the process, I snagged MPs shred matrix to help burn fat and increase metabolism. The new regimen: most of this is for after the cruise when the real training starts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1362618502.627406.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	494178  
April Dub Mix Out NOW!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #55
dabears

That won't do anything... Return it if you still can
Old 03-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #56
DylloS

Huge waste of money. You're literally going to bed 12 more times before you're cruise. Just deal with it and kill it when you get back.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #57
AlexD330

Actually this stack is mainly for my workout after the cruise. This was a preferred stack for my situation recommended by a couple people as well as bodybuilding.com. Those 60 pills aren't but $10. It's not a big deal.
April Dub Mix Out NOW!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #58
dabears

Quote:
Actually this stack is mainly for my workout after the cruise. This was a preferred stack for my situation recommended by a couple people as well as bodybuilding.com. Those 60 pills aren't but $10. It's not a big deal.
what is your situation? Good to know it was only $10

i was talking about in general but to each their own
Old 03-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #59
AlexD330

Quote:
what is your situation? Good to know it was only $10

i was talking about in general but to each their own
Not a lot of body fat, time to bulk up, etc. almost all those products are natural. It's 100% whey, Sterol, and Creatine and also adding fish oil.
April Dub Mix Out NOW!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #60
DylloS

Add squats