E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Photography

Photography

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #21
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Learn what all the controls do and practice with them. Photography is all about a proper exposure and how you control the light hitting your sensor. Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO are all different ways of controlling light coming through the lens and all yield a different look depending on how you adjust them. Learn how each one changes the look and take it from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunydude View Post
Memory card?
I was wondering the same thing.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #22
AlexD330

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_is_Like View Post
for the most part just auto no flash, messed around with some aperture. but mostly auto.
Yeah number one is to get off Auto and use M S or A ( Nikon user, not sure how canons are setup). These will allow YOU to control the shot you want. Use ISO, etc. read the manual that came with your camera front to back. I did that. It helps. Also read articles about what more aperture vs shutter does, etc.
April Dub Mix Out NOW!
AlexD330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #23
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Buy a good tripod. A 50" Vivitar is about as sturdy as a trailer home in a hurricane. Get a better lens. The 18-55 is a very soft lens by itself. Pros don't spend $1k on a lens just for fun, they do it because it gives the best results and as such you can't expect pro results with a kit lens.

Last but not least, as others have said, you need to work on your lighting. Get good with either the Tv (shutter priority) or Av (aperture priority) modes and you'll see your images improve. Read the book cowmoo suggested and get a good understanding of what all of it means.

Your images have all the very basics of what will make a good image (good location, nice subject, etc), it's just up to you to take it that much further by controlling the light that hits the sensor.

Also, that Accord looks sick. What has your buddy done to it?
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #24
K_is_Like

My Ride: black e46 coupe
thanks to all, i will post some shots as i progress and try and mess with the manual settings. again thanks for all the feedback and input!
K_is_Like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #25
K_is_Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1;15220364[B
]Buy a good tripod. A 50" Vivitar is about as sturdy as a trailer home in a hurricane. [/B] Get a better lens. The 18-55 is a very soft lens by itself. Pros don't spend $1k on a lens just for fun, they do it because it gives the best results and as such you can't expect pro results with a kit lens.

Last but not least, as others have said, you need to work on your lighting. Get good with either the Tv (shutter priority) or Av (aperture priority) modes and you'll see your images improve. Read the book cowmoo suggested and get a good understanding of what all of it means.

Your images have all the very basics of what will make a good image (good location, nice subject, etc), it's just up to you to take it that much further by controlling the light that hits the sensor.

Also, that Accord looks sick. What has your buddy done to it?
haha yeah the tripod is pretty damn flimsy. it came with the camera so that's all i've got for now.

as for the accord, hes put the hfp front lip, hfp 19" rims, k sport big brake kit with stainless steel lines, was on k sport one piece but they blew now on megan, v6 trunk lip, tints, hids top and bottom, interior system, akeda intake, pulleys, throttle body spacer, wheels are spaced... forgot the how much, resonator delete - and i think thats that for now, not too sure though
Old 03-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #26
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
I saw your pics in the other thread. Where are you uploading your pictures too and what kind of format are you saving them as as well? They look real grainy and the edges are fuzzy meaning the quality died somewhere after editing
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #27
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
"better pics" is pretty subjective. Tell us what you want to improve about your photos, then we can help.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #28
AlexD330

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
if you dont want to shoot raw, be sure to do the highest quality JPEGs and as big as possible.
April Dub Mix Out NOW!
AlexD330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #29
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

Try using imageshack instead of photobucket. Also save your images in PNG (highest quality setting if it applies)

Here are the three pics you sent me. I edited them on PS6 and uploaded to Imageshack.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #30
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

Quality test with Flickr

Si and 370 by Solidjake, on Flickr

370Z Interior by Solidjake, on Flickr
Old 03-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #31
K_is_Like

do you prefer flikr to imageshack? and thanks, i did not know about the png setting.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #32
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

Yea I do.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #33
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
pictures looked better before Jake edited them. Jake's memory card is not good enough.

Last edited by mistrzmiasta; 03-06-2013 at 05:11 PM.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #34
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

go die