E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
insanity workout? try it?

has anyone ever tried this or knew someone that did? someone i work with did it with amazing results in less than 1 year.
i'm not seeking to gain much other than maybe endurance. my "body image" is fine and i am slim. maybe even too slim.
i'm wanting to do it with my girlfriend who wants to loose weight. there's countless testimonies out there that show losses of weight that seem unreal.

so should i take the plunge? what were your thoughts on the program?
Old 03-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
just do 5x5 with her and do cardio on off days. probably get better results if you focus on having a good diet.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Weight loss is 70% diet 30% workout. She should focus on cleaning up her diet and cutting down carb intake since I take it she doesn't lift heavy weight.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
peytonracer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Weight loss is 70% diet 30% workout. She should focus on cleaning up her diet and cutting down carb intake since I take it she doesn't lift heavy weight.
Yeah. Having a good diet on a busy schedule is a tough one though. Unless someone is sitting down planning out your meals it's hard to eat good.
We do try to eat healthy like no fast food. She eats cleaner than I do though considering I can't gain weight from food.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
dabears

Priorities man. It takes 30 minutes to cook enough food for 4-6 servings, and I'm talking like 1000-1500 calories servings. Educating yourself on what makes up a "clean" diet sets you up (and your gf by association) for a healthy life. Otherwise you will just gain it all back!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
vinnybones

My Ride: E46 330i & E46 M3
my girlfriend is on her 5th week.... she has last 10 lbs so far, not only did she lose weight her core definitely has been toned along with her legs and arms.... She only is consuming 1400 calories a day( clean, eating 3 meals a day )and doing the insanity she is burning 4-600 calories in a session. If you do it right it works. You get what you put into it. once she is finished i will post up the before, middle, end pictures

Last edited by vinnybones; 03-04-2013 at 07:27 PM.
vinnybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
dabears

For example, just cooked this taco beef and rice in 30 mins. It will feed me and my gf dinner tonight and then a few more meals as well, and I'm bulking and shes cutting. It's not hard if you learn tips and tricks to maximize time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1362450385.656676.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	493817  
Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
For example, just cooked this taco beef and rice in 30 mins. It will feed me and my gf dinner tonight and then a few more meals as well, and I'm bulking and shes cutting. It's not hard if you learn tips and tricks to maximize time
Recipe? Looks goooood
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
insanity is for people too dumb to realize that diet is more important. I've seen people collapse from insanity and when I tell them they could have just ate 500 less calories and done an easier workout they think I'm wrong. Fuuck those people.

Sorry, I just think people think it's a miracle workout because it's overly hard.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
dabears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversixspeed View Post
Recipe? Looks goooood
I posted it in the what did you eat thread a few pages back, it's actually unreal. Pretty simple too
Old 03-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
dabears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
insanity is for people too dumb to realize that diet is more important. I've seen people collapse from insanity and when I tell them they could have just ate 500 less calories and done an easier workout they think I'm wrong. Fuuck those people.

Sorry, I just think people think it's a miracle workout because it's overly hard.
People get a sense of satisfaction (blood sweat and tears) from exercise that you'll never get from a proper diet... Nutrition isn't sexy, but marketing terms like "insanity" workout sure are. Exercise should be a tool to keep the muscle you have while dieting, not as a method to burn calories in my opinion.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
DylloS

Quote:
I posted it in the what did you eat thread a few pages back, it's actually unreal. Pretty simple too
I need to make it
Old 03-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #13
AlexD330

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
I use the videos (got them for free from a co-worker, shhh). I use a select few exercises and core workouts when I cant make it to the gym or, like right now, when im really trying to kick my own ass into shape with a lot of cardio, different workouts, killer ab workouts, etc.
April Dub Mix Out NOW!
AlexD330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD330 View Post
I use the videos (got them for free from a co-worker, shhh). I use a select few exercises and core workouts when I cant make it to the gym or, like right now, when im really trying to kick my own ass into shape with a lot of cardio, different workouts, killer ab workouts, etc.
we can tell. You look like you're 112lbs.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #15
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Tried it after doing p90x for a while. I didn't like Insanity as much. IMO, they don't give you proper warm ups--just jump right into higher impact moves--and then add static stretching at odd times. I think they overdo it in terms of plyometrics. I'm not old (yet) and I was even experiencing joint pain after a week--never had it before during any training regimen in the past. Not saying this will happen to you, just fyi.

So, I immediately went back to p90x. It's well-rounded, I can stick to it, and the results are undeniable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #16
peytonracer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Tried it after doing p90x for a while. I didn't like Insanity as much. IMO, they don't give you proper warm ups--just jump right into higher impact moves--and then add static stretching at odd times. I think they overdo it in terms of plyometrics. I'm not old (yet) and I was even experiencing joint pain after a week--never had it before during any training regimen in the past. Not saying this will happen to you, just fyi.

So, I immediately went back to p90x. It's well-rounded, I can stick to it, and the results are undeniable.
Good to know.
I started it today and its difficult to do some of the moves. It kinda kicked my ass. But I wrote down my baselines so I guess well see how this goes. I'm already skinny and somewhat toned but apparently out of shape. So I guess I'll be happy with whatever my results are.