E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #61
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad @ Saad Racing View Post
My understanding is that there is a drag event at MFest in May, is this not true? I'll be there to race, why don't you bring your car down? Lets invite other shops to compete so we can see who the best builders are, or should we just take there word on it?
There is a drag event at MFest this year. You know as well as I do, that track is poorly prepped for the event, but regardless its fair when everyone's running on the same **** track.

I invited Chris B from HPF down, he won't be there, now I learn you'll be there. Great! Because last year I expected more people to show up and take the event more seriously and we (you, I and Jason) were the only E46 m3 sub 12s! Dragging a trailer out there, ****ing around with the car, and what not all so we could set our own personal best, which was fun.. but I don't think I want to go through all that again just to be up against my own time. Maybe if I had a drag strip closer than a few hours away and a space to park a trailer here in the crazy ass bay area, i'd do it.. but its just such a damn production that I don't have time for. However if there were 3-4 guys all chasing records and going at it, it definitely makes it more fun.. but up until now there just hasn't been anyone taking it serious and the only other person to take it serious is half way across the world, films 10 second videos on a potato and shares no information.. and you're right.. its not a record worth chasing if the owner of said record puts no effort into proving it.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #62
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
What I'd really like to see is 1/2 or full mile drag racing videos of these beast e46 builds.

1/8 and 1/4 mile stuff is kinda played out.

What would be even better is bench marking lap times around a real race track to see who's car is really the fastest. Driving in a short straight line is cool and all but leaves so much to be desired, IMO at least.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #63
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
What I'd really like to see is 1/2 or full mile drag racing videos of these beast e46 builds.

1/8 and 1/4 mile stuff is kinda played out.

What would be even better is bench marking lap times around a real race track to see who's car is really the fastest. Driving in a short straight line is cool and all but leaves so much to be desired, IMO at least.
If you ask me, quite often 1/4 mile dragging (when it comes to DUAL PURPOSE CARS) is more about who's willing to sacrifice more, or who's crazy enough to do whats necessary to their car to achieve the times. Then once everyone is in that low 9 second bracket it turns into skill (now that everyone's done the cage, strange brakes and parachute). I thought it would be fun to play in that grey area (between chute and 15" slicks) but noone came out to play.

With roll racing or 1/2 mile, etc.. you're generally removing the traction/suspension setup from the equation and strictly measuring the car based on its real world performance, admittedly requiring much less skill but also requiring significantly less irreversible changes to the car. Much more 'passive' and enjoyable for someone such as myself who simply doesn't have much free time. Once again, personal preference.. and like I said admittedly the skill level is significantly less.

I grew up road racing and karting.. I dabbled in dragging with the M3 because I felt it required less investment of time than road racing, but turns out it required just as much, if not more. It was an experiment.. I however feel I'd enjoy road racing more, which is why I raised the compression back up to 11.5:1 and will likely (when time permits) drop the turbo down a few mm as well.

New Build by Lab22

Old 03-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #64
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

My Ride: S600
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast View Post
I doubt I'm the only thinking this, but I've been waiting for a turbo kit vs kit comparison .

I can see the aftermath of something like that getting ugly though.
Why does it have to get ugly? What is everyone so afraid of? What everyone needs to remember is that a dyno is just a tool. If used right it will teach you how to build a great street car, if used wrong, it helps to sell bullshit parts that can't deliver on the promise of speed. I'll say this, I would race any M3 in the country with the stock engined M3 on this thread. On or off the street no matter what CLAIMED power they have. That is how confident I am in what we build.

If other shops or individuals that claim such power or speed are afraid to line up at the track then that should tell you something. If they line up and lose, no shame in that, as long as there kit performed to the numbers they claim.

You can't win all the time. But if you claim a number and are afraid to put it to the test then I believe you should be called out for it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saad-...ref=ts&fref=ts

If you can't run with the big Dawgs, stay on the porch!
Saad @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #65
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
There is a drag event at MFest this year. You know as well as I do, that track is poorly prepped for the event, but regardless its fair when everyone's running on the same **** track.

I invited Chris B from HPF down, he won't be there, now I learn you'll be there. Great! Because last year I expected more people to show up and take the event more seriously and we (you, I and Jason) were the only E46 m3 sub 12s! Dragging a trailer out there, ****ing around with the car, and what not all so we could set our own personal best, which was fun.. but I don't think I want to go through all that again just to be up against my own time. Maybe if I had a drag strip closer than a few hours away and a space to park a trailer here in the crazy ass bay area, i'd do it.. but its just such a damn production that I don't have time for. However if there were 3-4 guys all chasing records and going at it, it definitely makes it more fun.. but up until now there just hasn't been anyone taking it serious and the only other person to take it serious is half way across the world, films 10 second videos on a potato and shares no information.. and you're right.. its not a record worth chasing if the owner of said record puts no effort into proving it.
He doesn't have the record, the record is here in the states and I have the video to prove it. Plus, that record is a joke, and I'll crush it soon enough. Nothing is stopping you from breaking your own personal best, I did it for years in my Supra. No one tried to compete last year because no one had a car that could. Including you until I built you an engine that would stay together. The more good products out there the more people will feel they can compete. So instead of just saying that drag racing is dying, when there is an event just around the corner, why don't you ask other vendors to bring cars to MFEST and race so people can see how reliable an M3 can be if built properly.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #66
Rob1796

My Ride: 2006 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuslsb View Post
the only other person to take it serious is half way across the world, films 10 second videos on a potato and shares no information
qotd.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #67
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
the only other person to take it serious is half way across the world, films 10 second videos on a potato and shares no information.
If you are talking about the car in Sweden, I can probably get that proof if you want it.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #68
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
If you are talking about the car in Sweden, I can probably get that proof if you want it.
I"m referring to Micke's PY E46 m3 built by andreas at PPF. Not the Frankenstein Imola E46.

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 03-07-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #69
Twin_Turbo_S54

My Ride: M3
Saad Racing,

I remember you fighting other guys back in the supra forums. You had some hot wars with other members over the supra forums.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...times-for-MKIV

you have run 8,3 seconds, thats very fast, but you are at the 16th row. meaning that there are 15 faster supras in front of you.

why did you not work further on supras and improve supras? I like when tuners stick to one brand and excell in that brand. Thats my opinion.

BTW, what was your 60-130 mph time, did you use a vbox?

Another note: Swedes are light years ahead of you in BMW Tuning. They are very fast and very nice guys. They dont come on the forums and they dont type, they do
race

4,23 s 60-130 mph E46 M3 TT

Last edited by Twin_Turbo_S54; 03-07-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Twin_Turbo_S54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #70
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Location: Well, Dick, here's the deal: I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff.
My Ride: Is very FAST
Actually Saad is 3rd, not 16th. All of the other cars are automatics and it is not possible to compare the two.
Sound Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #71
Twin_Turbo_S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Performance View Post
Actually Saad is 3rd, not 16th. All of the other cars are automatics and it is not possible to compare the two.
Well, you are right and wrong

Depends on from where you look at the subject.

All and all, other supras with other setups went faster and there are 15 faster supras.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #72
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Location: Well, Dick, here's the deal: I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo_S54 View Post
Well, you are right and wrong

Depends on from where you look at the subject.

All and all, other supras with other setups went faster and there are 15 faster supras.
But not with gear bangers. An auto car is typically 1 second faster than a similarly equipped 6 spd manual car. Just compare Saads times to other 6 speed cars.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #73
Twin_Turbo_S54

Quote:
But not with gear bangers. An auto car is typically 1 second faster than a similarly equipped 6 spd manual car. Just compare Saads times to other 6 speed cars.
an auto car is faster for sure. but was saad prohibited from installing an auto tranny? I dont think so.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #74
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Of course not, but he was trying to set records in a 6 speed.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #75
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
Hey only I can come in here and start sh!t...LOL great numbers guys!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #76
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

Quote:
Saad Racing,

I remember you fighting other guys back in the supra forums. You had some hot wars with other members over the supra forums.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...times-for-MKIV

you have run 8,3 seconds, thats very fast, but you are at the 16th row. meaning that there are 15 faster supras in front of you.

why did you not work further on supras and improve supras? I like when tuners stick to one brand and excell in that brand. Thats my opinion.

BTW, what was your 60-130 mph time, did you use a vbox?

Another note: Swedes are light years ahead of you in BMW Tuning. They are very fast and very nice guys. They dont come on the forums and they dont type, they do
race
Fighting? I don't think so. Arguing on the forums? All the time. Just because we come onto the same forums does not mean that everyone will get along. There was a lot of **** talking on the Supra Forums, but at the end of the day, it made for great entertainment and competition.

My 60-130 time? I have no clue. But I can tell you if I did time it not too many cars in the world would beat my time. If you would like to wager on that I'll throw a vBox in my Supra next time I take it down the track.

As for your comment about the Swedes being light years ahead of us in tuning, I'd have to ask you just one question, what type of crack are you smoking? We have the E46 M3 tuned to within a nats ass running on two fuels at the same time. I just showed you a video of a stock engined M3 making 659@12psi, what do you think that is done from? answer, TUNING!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #77
Twin_Turbo_S54

Quote:
Fighting? I don't think so. Arguing on the forums? All the time. Just because we come onto the same forums does not mean that everyone will get along. There was a lot of **** talking on the Supra Forums, but at the end of the day, it made for great entertainment and competition.

My 60-130 time? I have no clue. But I can tell you if I did time it not too many cars in the world would beat my time. If you would like to wager on that I'll throw a vBox in my Supra next time I take it down the track.

As for your comment about the Swedes being light years ahead of us in tuning, I'd have to ask you just one question, what type of crack are you smoking? We have the E46 M3 tuned to within a nats ass running on two fuels at the same time. I just showed you a video of a stock engined M3 making 659@12psi, what do you think that is done from? answer, TUNING!

1- a stock S54 making 659 wont live long, it will die very soon. So its not an accomplishment. Standard rings will blow by and blow by.

2- I do not smoke, but work a lot on S54s. I ve asked your M3's 60-130, not supras. You may compare yours to my 60-130.
My S54 made 1000 whp Dynamics, 1175 whp dyno jet 4 years ago.
I know S54s a little bit, not much, just a little, probably less than you know

3- PPF and VS motors have run very fast times, those guys are fast, polite and dont fight over the forums.

Last edited by Twin_Turbo_S54; 03-07-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #78
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

Quote:
Dude, In what world am I third? What two cars could even hold an argument to be quicker then me?

Old 03-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #79
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

Quote:
1- a stock S54 making 659 wont live long, it will die very soon. So its not an accomplishment. Standard rings will blow by and blow by.

2- I do not smoke, but work a lot on S54s. I ve asked your M3's 60-130, not supras. You may compare yours to my 60-130.
My S54 made 1000 whp Dynamics, 1175 whp dyno jet 4 years ago.
I know S54s a little bit, not much, just a little, probably less than you know

3- PPF and VS motors have run very fast times, those guys are fast, polite and dont fight over the forums.
1. This is not the only car running this power level with a stock engine and living. If you were killing the rings its because your tune was off.

2. The first part of solving your crack addiction is to admit you have a problem 60-130 times are not the best measure of a car, its just a way for cars that can't hook up to race each other. I'm not impressed with dyno numbers. I made 1450 rwhp 9 years ago. Show me what your street car can do at the track and lets compare apples to apples.

3. I'm very glad those guys are polite, we need more of that in the world

Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #80
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
1. This is not the only car running this power level with a stock engine and living. If you were killing the rings its because your tune was off.

2. The first part of solving your crack addiction is to admit you have a problem 60-130 times are not the best measure of a car, its just a way for cars that can't hook up to race each other. I'm not impressed with dyno numbers. I made 1450 rwhp 9 years ago. Show me what your street car can do at the track and lets compare apples to apples.

3. I'm very glad those guys are polite, we need more of that in the world
You are so full of sh&t on #3 LOL