E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #81
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: S600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Performance View Post
You are so full of sh&t on #3 LOL
True that!
Saad @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #82
SlideFox

My Ride: A Bucket w/ 4-Wheels
Sick numbers!!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #83
95silverM

My Ride: 05' IB M3
The Black SW/Boost Logic with the 7.91 run:

sold&missed

S54 Block & Crank in hand ::evilface::

Teddy
Eurotechniks
95silverM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #84
bimmerguy055

My Ride: quick 325
Send a message via AIM to bimmerguy055
Congrats on the kit ! I'm starting to lean tords the m3, Glad to see another kit out other than those people who indorse AEM I'm curious to see the longevity of the stock s54 making that power.

I'm crossing my fingers my engine will last , until I get the funds for a m3. and build it up

I'm wondering about the turbo drain on your setup, I had to run a scavenge pump then dump into dipstick.

P.S your asking price is decent, I might have to contact you guys for a intake mani.

Last edited by bimmerguy055; 03-08-2013 at 02:58 AM.
bimmerguy055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #85
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:04 AM   #86
Twin_Turbo_S54

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad @ Saad Racing View Post
1. This is not the only car running this power level with a stock engine and living. If you were killing the rings its because your tune was off.

2. The first part of solving your crack addiction is to admit you have a problem 60-130 times are not the best measure of a car, its just a way for cars that can't hook up to race each other. I'm not impressed with dyno numbers. I made 1450 rwhp 9 years ago. Show me what your street car can do at the track and lets compare apples to apples.

3. I'm very glad those guys are polite, we need more of that in the world

what he said .

wow, stock engine, stock rings, worn bore and worn rings wil blow by.

Have you ever heard of leak down tests?

Just do a leak down on a 70.000 miles S54 and see what I mean.

any S54 with over 50.000 miles will blow by at over 400 whp. let alone 600 whp.

If you drive like a grandmother it will hold

E46 M3 Coupe Turbo 60-130 mph 4,2 seconds (2011)

Last edited by Twin_Turbo_S54; 03-08-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Twin_Turbo_S54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #87
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerguy055 View Post
Congrats on the kit ! I'm starting to lean tords the m3, Glad to see another kit out other than those people who indorse AEM I'm curious to see the longevity of the stock s54 making that power.

I'm crossing my fingers my engine will last , until I get the funds for a m3. and build it up

I'm wondering about the turbo drain on your setup, I had to run a scavenge pump then dump into dipstick.

P.S your asking price is decent, I might have to contact you guys for a intake mani.
We use good old gravity. We raised the turbo up enough to put on oil drain can under it that connects to the side of the oil pan through a factory plug. Adds about a quart of oil to the total volume.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #88
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo_S54 View Post

what he said .

I was waiting for a comment like this from you. I was wondering how much you really knew and now you have told me, not too much. This car has 101k miles on the engine. It is filmed from the front and you can still see behind the car. If the car had blow by you would see it under the hood and out the tail pipe. But its clean as a whistle. You might want to take an example from the Swedes right now and stay quite

Last edited by Saad @ Saad Racing; 03-08-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #89
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Wink

Quote:
I was waiting for a comment like this from you. I was wondering how much you really knew and know you have told me, not too much. This car has 101k miles on the engine. It is filmed from the front and you an still see behind the car. If the car had blow by you would see it under the hood and out the tail pipe. But its clean as a whistle. You might want to take an example from the Swedes right now and stay quite
lol, Saad you are so right. i was going to comment or respond to Twin_Turbo_S54 but you hit it smack on the head. i may have to take a few days and fly to incirlik or izmir AB and meet this guy and see for myself what he's working with. i remember the drama on m3forum a couple years ago over the same none-sense.

My HPF stage 2 is putting down 661 rwhp on my STOCK Motor & has 119k now! not to mention it has been f/i for over 3 years and I drive it like i stole it when my kids are NOT in the car!

j/s
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953

Last edited by lrinco01; 03-08-2013 at 11:49 AM.
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #90
FragNasty

My Ride: Car
Just out of curiosity, in your leak-down tests on a stock S54 with 70K miles, what sort of measurements (leakages) are you seeing?

I ask with about three separate issues loading the question:

1. Just curious.

2. I believe HPF declares that up to 5% variation is OK for 5 or 6 hundred HP builds. I can't remember where one of their reps said that but... If you are building a motor for 1k HP taking around 3 times the stock levels of cylinder pressure, it makes sense to be very anal about your compression, and certainly you may not accept a 5% "blow by". Does that seem about right to you?

3. Risk/reliability factors: The stock S54 has been seen to lift the head in HPF's ~1k hp builds. The solution they opted for was the installation of L19's that are over-torqued. There is a cylinder oval-ization issue that they address by torque plating the block when they do their honing and polishing. Obviously this oval-ization of the cylinders will create conditions that could complicate maintaining good compression. Perhaps the issues of 5% leak rears its head as a reliability issue, or as risk of failure for this reason, as you push the power envelope? Have you seen something similar?

Quote:

what he said .

FragNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #91
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrinco01 View Post
lol, Saad you are so right. i was going to comment or respond to Twin_Turbo_S54 but you hit it smack on the head. i may have to take a few days and fly to incirlik or izmir AB and meet this guy and see for myself what he's working with. i remember the drama on m3forum a couple years ago over the same none-sense.

My HPF stage 2 is putting down 661 rwhp on my STOCK Motor & has 119k now! not to mention it has been f/i for over 3 years and I drive it like i stole it when my kids are NOT in the car!

j/s
Rico, your car has been FI for 3 years.... that means nothing when its been sitting for over 2 and a half of those years lol maybe your ass should get a real job and stop having to goto afgan....jk
Old 03-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #92
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
And who ever said HG's go from bad tunes before other things is also maybe a little wrong.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #93
bimmerguy055

My Ride: quick 325
Send a message via AIM to bimmerguy055
Quote:
We use good old gravity. We raised the turbo up enough to put on oil drain can under it that connects to the side of the oil pan through a factory plug. Adds about a quart of oil to the total volume.
Alright, you running a restrictor? any oil residue in the charge pipes or turbo inlet?

I still had oil seap past the compressor housing with a top mount. Additionally, it didn't get any better at the bottom with the 6266 and scavenge pump. you guys have similar issues?

You don't happen to have a pic of the turbo drain?

Thanks,
~Ace
Old 03-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #94
Twin_Turbo_S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrinco01 View Post

j/s
welcome, I am in Istanbul. Drop me a mail and I ll pick you.

You may be the guy driving like a grandmother and thats why you dont have issues.

How many times do you go WOT (wide open throttle)?

do you go from 30 to 150 or from 40 to 140 or from 20 to 150 mph every day or each time you drive the m3?
with all the speed limitations over there, I think you just wot in second gear for a couple of times and Wheel spin and smile.

tell me the truth

I have an offer:

take your m3 to a track.

go from 30 to 160 mph for 100 times on the same day.

If your engine survives I ll apologize. Now thats my offer.

I am 100000 % sure that the engine will smoke or the rings will give up before the 75 th trial. Ask me how: I ve been F/I'ing S50 B32 for the last 13 years. Guys like you act like they know a lot in fact their cars are driven like grandmo's cars..

Old 03-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #95
Twin_Turbo_S54

Quote:
I was waiting for a comment like this from you. I was wondering how much you really knew and know you have told me, not too much. This car has 101k miles on the engine. It is filmed from the front and you an still see behind the car. If the car had blow by you would see it under the hood and out the tail pipe. But its clean as a whistle. You might want to take an example from the Swedes right now and stay quite

Please take it to the track.

Go from 30 to 160 mph 100 times on the same day.

100 adjecant trials you ll get towed.

Do not tell me about "soft" 2nd gear runs, Wheel spins, exhaust sound, and excited teenager reactions.

BTW, Ebrahim Kanoo made 7,1 s / 200 mph with his IRS Supra. There are much faster supras out there.

Last edited by Twin_Turbo_S54; 03-08-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #96
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Location: Well, Dick, here's the deal: I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff.
My Ride: Is very FAST
Quote:
Please take it to the track.

Go from 30 to 160 mph 100 times on the same day.

100 adjecant trials you ll get towed.

Do not tell me about "soft" 2nd gear runs, Wheel spins, exhaust sound, and excited teenager reactions.

BTW, Ebrahim Kanoo made 7,1 s / 200 mph with his IRS Supra. There are much faster supras out there.

E Kanoos car is not even a supra any more. That is a chassis race car now complete with lexan windows, no floors , no interior etc. Can't compare that to a full interior car. Get serious.
Sound Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #97
Twin_Turbo_S54

Quote:
E Kanoos car is not even a supra any more. That is a chassis race car now complete with lexan windows, no floors , no interior etc. Can't compare that to a full interior car. Get serious.
You are defending your old friend like a lawyer.

OBJECTION

Saad should keep on doing what he is doing, I will keep on what I was doing.

Saad is very harsh and acts as if he knows everything. I dont want to argue with him. I ll spend my M3 preparing for drag racing

Old 03-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #98
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Location: Well, Dick, here's the deal: I'm the best there is, plain and simple. I mean, I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. You know, nobody can hang with my stuff.
Quote:
You are defending your old friend like a lawyer.

No I am not, I am being logical (You might want to look up the definition of logical). Comparing a full out race car with a supra shell on it to a full interior 6 speed car with full interior etc is ...... well.... just plain stupid. If you are going to go that far, then why not compare Saads car to the low 6 second full chassis supras?
Old 03-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #99
Sound Performance
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Saad is very harsh

If you think this is harsh for Saad, you have not seen nothing yet. He has made many a grown man cry. LOL
Old 03-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #100
Twin_Turbo_S54

Quote:
No I am not, I am being logical (You might want to look up the definition of logical). Comparing a full out race car with a supra shell on it to a full interior 6 speed car with full interior etc is ...... well.... just plain stupid. If you are going to go that far, then why not compare Saads car to the low 6 second full chassis supras?

yes you are correct, E Kanoo's supra is slower than saad's.

Saad has the fastest Supra and fastest M3 in the universe