E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #21
Snapasaurus

My Ride: 2005 325i SULEV
Black coffee, hot green tea, bloody marry mix, and the occasional bottle of coke.
Snapasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #22
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Water, milk, alcohol on weekends, and a good amount of Ginger Ale. I hear its actually really good for you. (minus the sugar)
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #23
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Beer and wine. Pretty frequently.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #24
ruan916

My Ride: 2002 325i
Water and coffee with a wee bit of cream and splenda... can't stand plain black coffee.

Occasional diet pepsi/coke.

Gatorade when playing basketball.
ruan916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #25
SD 328I

My Ride: S197, E90, and 1125R
Sugar free peach iced tea.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #26
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
1/2-1 low cal gatorade(regular gatorade makes my mouth too sticky) on lifting days depending how hard i lift. It's also not uncommon for me to water down the low cal stuff.

1 shaker cup full of milk with 2 scoops protein after workout.

About 1.5 gallons of water.

An average of about 8 bud lights on the weekend.

A glass of wine with my tuna steak or lobster tail every Sunday.

And about one caffeine free soda a month.

I generally do not drink caffeinated or carbonated beverages, imitation juices, energy drinks or any other useless stuff. I don't get the obsession with soda... Why drink something that dehydrates you?! That's backwards logic. Not to mention it'll rot your teeth, stain them and probably make you gain weight. Plus caffeine dependency..... It's beyond me
/rant

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #27
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Beer and wine. Pretty frequently.

lol yup.

Milk -chocolate and white.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #28
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
i find it funny almost nobody has said they drink pop
Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #29
blazedxjan

My Ride: 01 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I try to stay away from soda as much as possible but I do like some sprite once in a while.

I have a light and sweet coffee in the morns, water throughout the day. And Body Armor super drink before the gym. I buy water by the cases weekly.

89' 240sx Coupe - Sold ): 98' 328is - RIP 91' Turbo MR2 - Sold 01' 325ci - Current
I like my Christmas hat; wanna fight about it?
blazedxjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #30
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Post in regular OT and see what happens lol. IMO drinking calories like that is completely retarded. It's weird. I will house a pizza like it's nothing but you give me 2 glasses of soda and I feel like I just murdered someone.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #31
dabears

I honestly believe the no.1 change people can make in their life is drink more water and cut liquid calories out completely. It is a lot harder to eat 500 calories of whole foods than it is to drink them... and you won't get full since they are so easily digestible.

my gf has lost 10 lbs since summer simply by eliminating juice, breakfast, and counting calories so her portions are appropriate. She wants to cut another 5 for decent abs/toning and I had to explain to her she will need to be in a tad more effort lol... I got her doing barbell squats/romanian deadlifs/bench plus chinups and dumbbell rows. Her squat is the bar + 5 lbs lol... work in progress. And that had nothing to do with this thread minus cutting out juice, but I already typed it
Old 03-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #32
DylloS

Quote:
I honestly believe the no.1 change people can make in their life is drink more water and cut liquid calories out completely. It is a lot harder to eat 500 calories of whole foods than it is to drink them... and you won't get full since they are so easily digestible.

my gf has lost 10 lbs since summer simply by eliminating juice, breakfast, and counting calories so her portions are appropriate. She wants to cut another 5 for decent abs/toning and I had to explain to her she will need to be in a tad more effort lol... I got her doing barbell squats/romanian deadlifs/bench plus chinups and dumbbell rows. Her squat is the bar + 5 lbs lol... work in progress. And that had nothing to do with this thread minus cutting out juice, but I already typed it
Mine does the bar plus 50lbs. come at me bro! You just motivated me to have her do more tonight and call her crazy if she mentions "big" legs.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #33
dabears

Haha I sold her on it saying it would tone her legs and ass, as much as it pained me to use that word. She actually enjoys the Romanian Deadlifts.

That's pretty impressive considering the female bros at my gym are doing 135-155, and have probably been squatting for over 5 years.

I think her legs are capable of more, but she needs to build up her supporting cast of muscles like core and stabilizers first.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #34
DylloS

Quote:
Haha I sold her on it saying it would tone her legs and ass, as much as it pained me to use that word. She actually enjoys the Romanian Deadlifts.

That's pretty impressive considering the female bros at my gym are doing 135-155, and have probably been squatting for over 5 years.

I think her legs are capable of more, but she needs to build up her supporting cast of muscles like core and stabilizers first.
yea my gf is decently strong. She thinks she can beat me in a 200m sprint because she "raced with the black girls in high school" lol. That was 10 years ago lol. I'm going to smoke her and take video. Waiting until it gets nicer out though.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #35
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
My girlfriend is into squatting too because I also gave her the same line "you're ass and legs will be ridiculous" if she squats. She's up to 3+ sets of 10 on the bar +10 pounds.
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #36
BWOODM3

My Ride: 2002 M3 convertible
Am I the only one who drinks Redbull?

Water, coffee, Redbull (1-2 a week maybe) IPA beer on the weekends.
BWOODM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #37
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
My wife squatted 165 for 5 sets of three the other day. It's probably the 10th time she's ever squatted..... Good genes..... And looks good in jeans....

How did we start talking about this in the what do you drink thread?

Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #38
Alanz0

My Ride: 325i
Im currently bulking still so two of my four-five meals a day are 1000+ calorie shakes that consists of bananas, spinach, rice milk, plant base protien, peanut butter and flax seed oil. Good stuff if its difficult to gain weight!

Also I try to aim for half my body weight in ounces in water
Alanz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #39
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
My girlfriend is into squatting too because I also gave her the same line "you're ass and legs will be ridiculous" if she squats. She's up to 3+ sets of 10 on the bar +10 pounds.
I unfortunately showed some crossfit girls to my gf and she thinks she'll blow up like that in a matter of two weeks. She just tells me "i know my body". This will take a little time.

Last night I had her do this

3x15 back squats with the bar then

30 min amrap
10 air squats
6 ring rows (all she could really do unbroken)
10 35lb kb swings
10 roman chair situps

She did 10 rounds plus 10 squats and 6 ring rows. She didn't move incredibly fast but she did well. When we woke up this morning she said thanks for making my back sore lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
My wife squatted 165 for 5 sets of three the other day. It's probably the 10th time she's ever squatted..... Good genes..... And looks good in jeans....

How did we start talking about this in the what do you drink thread?

Women have insanely powerful legs. I'm convinced with a little confidence and practice mine would be squatting more than me. Her legs are thicker lol.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #40
Jesse M

My Ride: 05' ZHP
Nearly a gallon of water /day, juices/milk for breakfast, usually a med coffee at work on break, then beer here and there. I like to go for those Bolthouse smoothie drinks too.