E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Rudyj07

My Ride: 330xi
Khoalty Trouble

Has anyone had any trouble returning anything back to Khoalty? I ordered a harness from them, then later sent a email stating to cancel the order a few hrs after. I eneded up still getting the package and now I can't get a response back from anyone on a RMA or crediting my account. i have sent 3 emails and not a response.....
Rudyj07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
peytonracer4
OEM ///Member

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyj07 View Post
Has anyone had any trouble returning anything back to Khoalty? I ordered a harness from them, then later sent a email stating to cancel the order a few hrs after. I eneded up still getting the package and now I can't get a response back from anyone on a RMA or crediting my account. i have sent 3 emails and not a response.....
i'm still waiting on a reply about 2 years later. their "customer service" is seemingly non existent
good luck
Old 03-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
v12_engine

My Ride: Tank
Khoalty is known for thier crappy customer service. i emailed them a year ago and never replied back to any of my emails.
v12_engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
BRZ

My Ride: '05 ZHP, '94 Miata
I received fairly quick responses when they shipped me the wrong and broken parts. However, they seemed very unprofessional and did not apologize for their mistakes.
BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Rudyj07

My Ride: 330xi
Thanks for the responses! I might just send it back with a note inside asking to credit my acct.
Rudyj07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
oAllElseFailo

My Ride: 328Ci
I wouldn't do that.. What if they just keep it and don't do anything? Keep the part til you get a response or something to send back to them. Otherwise if you get screwed out like these other people have, you have something to sell to make up for some sort of loss
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #7
peytonracer4
OEM ///Member

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Thanks for the responses! I might just send it back with a note inside asking to credit my acct.
Probably not a good idea. They'd probably just keep it and resell it and once again never respond to you.
I'd try your best to cancel the charge on your card.
Or just try to resell and recoup some losses.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #8
betik

My Ride: BMW 05 E46 318i
i brought lights from them had 3 different auto electricians say they were faulty..

but after months of talking to them khoalty said "it was my car" ****ing assholes!!

lucky i used pay pal :)

imo assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
betik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #9
E46vakero

My Ride: Bmw 325ci white
they suck!!!
E46vakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #10
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Hmm i've bought many products from Khoalty and have always had excellent service! Maybe things have changed in the last year or so...
TallSkinnyMatt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #11
HacksawMark
Modded ///Member

My Ride: 2014 Subaru XV
Quote:
If you charged the harness on your credit card, call your credit card company and explain what happened. They can issue a charge-back. You may need to send them a copy of your email as proof. They can provide with advice on what to do with the harness.

This is not the first time we've heard of poor customer service from Khoalty. Makes me wonder why they are even allowed on this site.
HacksawMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #12
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
It's funny, because they obviously monitor the forums. I posted a question about changing over to a CSL bumper, and they jumped in with a response about 10 minutes later.
But posts like this don't even get a response.
So, I will say it - stop being a d!ck, and get in here and answer the OP's question! I know you have seen the post by now.
This is just poor behavior for a sponsor.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #13
COBYATCH

My Ride: 03 325i
they answer most of the time when i send them a message on facebook lol. but haven't received a reply once through email.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #14
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBYATCH View Post
they answer most of the time when i send them a message on facebook lol. but haven't received a reply once through email.
But, we're your messages about a problem with an order or other complaint?
Or, we're they requests for prices, or questions about availability?
I can get an email, phone call, or possibly a personal visit from them if I have money to spend. But, I have read numerous complaints about their lack of response when there is an issue.
So, what exactly did you contact them about on FB?

Edit: I forgot to say lol and haha..

Last edited by MJLavelle; 03-06-2013 at 01:30 AM.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:56 AM   #15
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post
It's funny, because they obviously monitor the forums. I posted a question about changing over to a CSL bumper, and they jumped in with a response about 10 minutes later.
But posts like this don't even get a response.
So, I will say it - stop being a d!ck, and get in here and answer the OP's question! I know you have seen the post by now.
This is just poor behavior for a sponsor.
If you look at my last 50 posts, and the dates on them, you will see we don't really come on here, for weeks on end. I'm the only one that puts time into the forum, we don't get paid to be on here.

You'll notice most other vendors, who are on here a lot, have affiliate programs set up where they track employee's through the links that they post. To me, that's sketchy, and what you're talking about, not what we do.

We handle a lot of emails a day, and plenty of live chats, and ship nearly 24 hours or less when an order comes in.

Sorry you feel we are so awful, but we really do our best
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:58 AM   #16
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksawmark View Post
If you charged the harness on your credit card, call your credit card company and explain what happened. They can issue a charge-back. You may need to send them a copy of your email as proof. They can provide with advice on what to do with the harness.

This is not the first time we've heard of poor customer service from Khoalty. Makes me wonder why they are even allowed on this site.
For how many orders we put out, and how many issues we have, it's really a very very small %

Why people post their issues on here, I do not know. I don't mind that they are letting the community know of their troubles, but a lot of times people seem to use this to contact us, which doesn't always work as I haven't been on here much
Old 03-08-2013, 02:59 AM   #17
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

If you send us whatever order it is back, and it hasn't been damaged or obviously used, we will credit a full refund, I can't tell you exactly this over email as I can't pull it up based off of what's listed here ,but our address is on the footer of our site, include your order number on the outside of the package, and we will process it when we receive it
Old 03-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #18
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

Another thing, a lot of our emails are obscure, written poorly, or questions of things that are clearly listed on our site. A lot of these go un answered, as we have actual emails to get to.

Today, I did ignore some emails. Some of them are pricing questions, with links to the product page in the email itself, where our price that is not arguable is clearly, clearly, listed. Some of them are people asking for discounts if they order two items or more (on products nobody lists cheaper than us), which we don't haggle. This email to the left of this chrome window claims that the bulbs they purchased work, are brighter than their OEM bulbs, and are what they expected, but they are disappointed that the installation was more difficult than they had anticipated, and are asking for a partial refund on their order.

We get a lot of emails, they take up a lot of our time, pretty much all of our time, even leading into the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes when we get behind we jump around to today's emails, and the day at which we are backlogged, then we flag and folder emails for returns, shipping quotes, and tracking inquiries. There's not many of us here, some of this stuff takes some time.

Sorry everyone, but we will be increasing prices in the next few weeks to bring in another employee, there shouldn't be any more complaints about our service when we have at least another person here, and hopefully we can get them on the phones.