E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #61
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I'm loving this guys intensity. Watch this and his other stuff.
Well fvck. Just got back into an actual leg routine this morning as I'd been slacking. Hiking/skiing/biking outside had been more enjoyable for me and was doing enough, however realized I was being a little b!tch and not improving any.

But now I feel like I didn't do jack this morning. Glad to be back at it though.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #62
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
lol damn i'm pissed if i'm in the gym for much more than an hour
You'd hate my Triathalon Thursday's then. 3hrs at the gym, but broken up in swim/bike/run makes it bearable.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #63
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Front?

And how the hell do you workout for 3 hours lol
265* back squat. I love the gym so much lol. Intensity doesn't drop until about the last half hour. I'll hit the entire body today but be a bit gentle on the back as it's been tense lately

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #64
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
265* back squat. I love the gym so much lol. Intensity doesn't drop until about the last half hour. I'll hit the entire body today but be a bit gentle on the back as it's been tense lately

oh that's good. Have you done front squats again?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #65
Trashcan

Quote:
oh that's good. Have you done front squats again?
Yeah I've been doing them twice a week going up to like 165x5 or 6 now, then switching to back squats for the rest of my weight increase

Old 04-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #66
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoToyo View Post
Well fvck. Just got back into an actual leg routine this morning as I'd been slacking. Hiking/skiing/biking outside had been more enjoyable for me and was doing enough, however realized I was being a little b!tch and not improving any.

But now I feel like I didn't do jack this morning. Glad to be back at it though.
This dude hypes me up so much

Quote:
Yeah I've been doing them twice a week going up to like 165x5 or 6 now, then switching to back squats for the rest of my weight increase

That's cool. I'm doing mostly fronts now.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #67
Trashcan

I'm continuing to make great progress I'm happy with. I think I've got my numbers to a reasonable level between my legs and upper body, although I'm going to keep working to get the difference a little more, but I'm still training both.

Got 265 x 3 back squat today with no spotter. I'm pretty proud of that.

Edit: last update was miscalculated. It was 255

Last edited by Trashcan; 04-11-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #68
DylloS

Quote:
I'm continuing to make great progress I'm happy with. I think I've got my numbers to a reasonable level between my legs and upper body, although I'm going to keep working to get the difference a little more, but I'm still training both.

Got 265 x 3 back squat today with no spotter. I'm pretty proud of that.

Edit: last update was miscalculated. It was 255

We need to see form brosef. Definitely not saying you're not good but it's always good to see a video and make sure.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #69
Trashcan

Quote:
We need to see form brosef. Definitely not saying you're not good but it's always good to see a video and make sure.
My depth is great. With heavy weight i occasionally lean forward a little and my right knee moves in a little. Other then that it's all good. Tomorrow i haven't decided what my routine will be yet, but afterwards I'm spending like 4 hours at the spa getting my back taken care of, massages and relaxation and goodies. Saturday I'll try to get my buddy to snap a video on the dl at the gym.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #70
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
I had to use a different power rack than normal monday without the safety bars, and without them I was going a deeper on my squats (I set the bars for parallel)

255 x 5 felt so much heavier by going an extra inch or two down, crazy what a difference it makes.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #71
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I had to use a different power rack than normal monday without the safety bars, and without them I was going a deeper on my squats (I set the bars for parallel)

255 x 5 felt so much heavier by going an extra inch or two down, crazy what a difference it makes.
Yeah, i see a lot of people squat way to high. Every rep i make so it would count at a power lifting meet.

Do you want light weight high rep video, or heavy set?

I squatted Tuesday and today already, so Saturday I'm not expecting my a game

Old 04-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #72
DylloS

Quote:
My depth is great. With heavy weight i occasionally lean forward a little and my right knee moves in a little. Other then that it's all good. Tomorrow i haven't decided what my routine will be yet, but afterwards I'm spending like 4 hours at the spa getting my back taken care of, massages and relaxation and goodies. Saturday I'll try to get my buddy to snap a video on the dl at the gym.

Sounds like you're fine then

Quote:
Yeah, i see a lot of people squat way to high. Every rep i make so it would count at a power lifting meet.

Do you want light weight high rep video, or heavy set?

I squatted Tuesday and today already, so Saturday I'm not expecting my a game

Do either
Old 04-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #73
Trashcan

Quote:

Do either
Maybe I'll do both

Depending how i feel, I'll do it Saturday or Sunday, and maybe if I'm feeling good I'll throw in a little deadlift action....

Old 04-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #74
Trashcan

Here ya go Solly!

It's not the greatest angle because i didn't want to be "that guy", but you can see my depth, can see my left knee kick in a little, and towards the end you can see me lean forward a little on my way up. Don't be too hard on me.

Last edited by Trashcan; 04-13-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #75
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:

Here ya go Solly!

It's not the greatest angle because i didn't want to be "that guy", but you can see my depth, can see my left knee kick in a little, and towards the end you can see me lean forward a little on my way up. Don't be too hard on me.
My thought would be:

1. Push those knees out. If you need to but a light resistance band from efs and do a bunch of bodyweight squats pushing your knees out against the resistance of the band.
2. Stop bending your neck up at the bottom of the rep. Look at a spot on the floor 6 - 10 feet in front of you and keep a neutral neck position.

3. Go down further. You're hitting parallel, but why stop there. Work The full range of motion.

4. Start squatting barefoot or get some shoes without a squishy heel like those. Tough to have a stable drive with a 1+ inch foam heel. Most importantly, keep your weight on your heels.

Good work!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #76
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
My thought would be:

1. Push those knees out. If you need to but a light resistance band from efs and do a bunch of bodyweight squats pushing your knees out against the resistance of the band.
2. Stop bending your neck up at the bottom of the rep. Look at a spot on the floor 6 - 10 feet in front of you and keep a neutral neck position.

3. Go down further. You're hitting parallel, but why stop there. Work The full range of motion.

4. Start squatting barefoot or get some shoes without a squishy heel like those. Tough to have a stable drive with a 1+ inch foam heel. Most importantly, keep your weight on your heels.

Good work!

I've been working on keeping my knees out and made pretty noticeable improvements over the last month. Another couple weeks of bring conscious of my knee movement and i think I'll be about good.

My power lifting coach always taught us to look at the ceiling, which seems to be pretty common. Any real negative effects from looking up?

I'm comfortable with parallel, now you're just getting greedy lol.

New shoes are a possibility. And thanks for noticing that. I'll work on keeping my weight on my heels. I've been curious about toe or heel pressure, but never thought of asking.

Thanks for the advice!

Old 04-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #77
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
I've been working on keeping my knees out and made pretty noticeable improvements over the last month. Another couple weeks of bring conscious of my knee movement and i think I'll be about good.

My power lifting coach always taught us to look at the ceiling, which seems to be pretty common. Any real negative effects from looking up?

I'm comfortable with parallel, now you're just getting greedy lol.

New shoes are a possibility. And thanks for noticing that. I'll work on keeping my weight on my heels. I've been curious about toe or heel pressure, but never thought of asking.

Thanks for the advice!

Looking at the ceiling is a good cue for beginners, but it puts the neck at an unnatural angle when the weights start getting heavier and perfect form is more important. Looking at the ceiling helps to keep a straight back but once you've learned how to keep a straight back there is no reason to put the neck in an unnatural position.

Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #78
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
While I am no expert, I have been lifting on and off for a long time now, shoes suggested by Glight make a huge difference with squats.

I currently use these, can't squat though right now as I am rehabbing a broken ankle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	500546  

Last edited by bgsmith; 04-14-2013 at 08:56 PM.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #79
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
my normal leg routine is something i havent done in a while but i miss it, im much weak due to not doing it....

DAY 4
1. Inclined leg press. 5 sets. 25, 20, 18, 16, 25. 525, 615, 705, 795, 525 lbs.
2. Lunges w/ dumbbells. 4 sets. 16 steps. 50lbs x 2
3. Lunges w/ smith machine. 4 sets. 8/leg. 135+ lbs.
4. Calf raises w/ smith machine. 6 sets. 225+ lbs
5. Seated hamstring leg curls. 5 sets. 12, 10, 8, 6, 12. 25+ lbs.
6. Man-ginas. 5 sets each, or till failure.
7. Squats. 3-5 sets. 135+ lbs.

I plan on tweaking it with less inclined leg press and more regular leg press. The one that swing the weight horizontally, and also more squats.

Last edited by Snik; 04-14-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #80
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
I do all my workouts in 5fingers regular shoes suck!
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote