E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #21
trentcdrums

My Ride: BMW 323i Sedan
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelgawel View Post
^^ correct.. sorry, im weetarded

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App
Na dude, I appreciate your input!
trentcdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #22
brokensmile209

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325ci
Do a diy video n posted it up gor us noob

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App
brokensmile209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #23
trentcdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensmile209 View Post
Do a diy video n posted it up gor us noob

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App
Idk if I shud du that fir u if ima nub

Old 03-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #24
330iPilot

My Ride: Titanium Silver 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optio View Post
Brown colored O-rings are the international coding for Viton. However, if they are from facking China......they maybe made from tainted baby formula.

I suspect that the O rings are just fine from that ebay seller and I may purchase them myself to save a few bucks and put the competitive fear into $60.00 sellers.
You can make Viton any color you want to. Most of the ones I've seen have been green.
330iPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #25
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
dr vanos is more than seals

for me,off with old, on with new

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #26
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
dr vanos is more than seals

for me,off with old, on with new
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #27
Optio

My Ride: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iPilot View Post
You can make Viton any color you want to. Most of the ones I've seen have been green.
Green O rings are HNBR which is not Viton....there are industry standards. However, facking China will make them what over the fuk color you want.

Some people just do not know shiat
Optio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #28
330iPilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optio View Post
Green O rings are HNBR which is not Viton....there are industry standards. However, facking China will make them what over the fuk color you want.

Some people just do not know shiat
Like you?

http://www.marcorubber.com/viton.htm

https://www.google.com/search?q=Vito...w=1600&bih=775

Quote:
Viton® molded gaskets are generally black, brown, or white in color, however custom color compounding is available upon request.
http://www.customgasketmfg.com/Products/VitonGaskets

Quote:
STANDARD COLORS: Black, Brown, Green
http://www.rlhudson.com/O-Ring%20Boo...material8.html

It's amazing how much arrogant kids think they know.

Last edited by 330iPilot; 03-08-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #29
MotorMan

My Ride: e39
Don't worry about whether the o-rings are "real" Viton or not. Viton o-rings, when purchased in quantity, are way less than a buck a piece. I don't think anyone would bother with "fake" Viton rings to save a few pennys. The expensive and critical part are the Teflon seals. I don't think these are "off the shelf" items and the dimensions are critical.

Even though the failure item in the system is the Buna o-rings due to compression set, you need to destroy the Teflon seals to remove them, and unfortunately they are the expensive pieces in the kit. The question would be whether you trust the supplier on the quality and dimensions of their Telfon seals.
MotorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #30
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Choice A: Known quality, reliable customer support, member of the BMW community.

Choice B: Unknown quality, cheaper, probably comes from Shenzhen China.

Take your pick.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #31
330iPilot

^This!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #32
trentcdrums

Comes from Florida..

Old 03-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #33
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentcdrums View Post
Comes from Florida..
so cuba?

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #34
trentcdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
so cuba?
Not sure. Ask beisian.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #35
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
IDK current prices on beisan (sp?), but I'll echo a few comments made already.

Raj discovered, designed, sourced both the problem and the solution. His diy instructions have saved us all about a $1200 repair at a dealer for $50.

I personally wouldn't trust an ebay seller with 850 100% reviews. They bought something and installed it...seems fine. 100% rating. But, where is the engine in 100K miles?

You're doing a bit of work to get to seals, but once you've done vcg, it's just another 30 mins top to install seals.

I'd wonder if these were knock offs. But, if they can be traced back to Raj, then I'd trust them.

And I would get a new valve cover...that's a 100K mile repair...and I wouldn't want to waste my time cleaning rtv off the head, only to have a failed seal...not for $20 or whatever vcg costs.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com

Last edited by dmax; 03-09-2013 at 09:44 AM.
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #36
trentcdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
IDK current prices on beisan (sp?), but I'll echo a few comments made already.

Raj discovered, designed, sourced both the problem and the solution. His diy instructions have saved us all about a $1200 repair at a dealer for $50.

I personally wouldn't trust an ebay seller with 850 100% reviews. They bought something and installed it...seems fine. 100% rating. But, where is the engine in 100K miles?

You're doing a bit of work to get to seals, but once you've done vcg, it's just another 30 mins top to install seals.

I'd wonder if these where knock offs. But, if they can be traced back to Raj, then I'd trust them.

And I would get a new valve cover...that's a 100K mile repair...and I wouldn't want to waste my time cleaning rtv off the head, only to have a failed seal...not for $20 or whatever vcg costs.
I like this. And I've already gotten a new valve cover. Dealer installed. 10k ago

Old 03-10-2013, 06:05 AM   #37
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
If you simply want Viton O-Rings, there are plenty of sites that will sell you single O-Rings, listed by the industry standard size numbers. In fact, I believe you can even get them on Amazon. It would come out to be less than $15, most likely.
But, I will say again, I do not believe that the O-Rings offered by Bessian are off-the-shelf items. I had the same thought at one point, until I read the background on the Bessian solution, and I saw that what they sell is a specially produced O-ring, with an interior portion made of some material that would prevent the permenant compression of the O-ring, with another material molded around it. I really just don't feel like searching for it. If you really want to know, that info is out there.
There are times you can beat the system, and bypass the normal supplier, but this is not one of those situations. But, there is always someone who thinks they can, ans someone else is usually there to help support that belief, and make money doing so. They tend to be on eBay, strangely enough.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #38
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
It's outer Teflon seal that's non-standard, and where I imagine most of the cost is. He plainly states as much on the intro to the double vanos repair procedure.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #39
trentcdrums

I ordered Beisain on the phone. Cool guy!!

Old 04-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #40
fasteddie
INDEED

My Ride: 2OO2 OrientBlue 325i
Just my two cents...

Those seals at www.bmwseals.com are just as good or better than any other seals. I purchased some and had them inspected and they are Viton and the outer ring is Teflon/Graphite combination, which is stronger than original Teflon.

Just for those who were wondering. I also emailed them and those seals are made in the USA. They respond pretty quickly via email too. Personally I would not always go with the lower price for something, but for these seals I would. Just look at this person's Ebay feedback, and then read the reviews on the seals, 100%, which is rather impressive. They ship with tracking. I like the fact that it's made in the USA myself.

Beisan might have started this, but things have evolved. Everyone should just do their own homework and pick the solution they are happy with.