E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #41
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
I guess it depends on how you use your phone. I use mine only when I have to accept a meeting invite, reply to an email, or send a text. I barely talk on the bitch. The only time I use it for "entertainment" is when I'm taking a dump. I don't need a phone the size of a damn poptart.

Then there are those there are vegged out staring at their phones 90% of the day. I guess it appeals to them.

And yes, my penis has a 5" screen.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #42
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
And it's also 5".
Hahahahah
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #43
Stankia

My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
They can go fuck themselves with a 5" screen size, I didn't buy the S3 just because the screen size was already too big.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #44
slo323ci

My Ride: 00 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
They can go fuck themselves with a 5" screen size, I didn't buy the S3 just because the screen size was already too big.
I had the Galaxy Nexus, and thought the S3 was too big, until I got it, You definitely get use to it, and I don't think I could go to a smaller screen. I still have my Galaxy Nexus and my 4s. The 4s feels so tiny compared the other 2 and I rarely ever use it unless it's for a remote app. It's nice with the S3 and Galaxy nexus I can just swap the sim out and change phones.
slo323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:18 AM   #45
BruceWonder

My Ride: 2011.5 E92 M3
i just got the nexus 4 and i cant wait to see what the S4 has to offer. 5in screen isnt too much of an increase in size.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #46
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande D View Post
The Galaxy Nexus is now an outdated phone which should be pulled off of the market.
The post I was replying to was talking about blackberry.... Mentioned a Nexus is like taking light years in the future lol

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #47
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWonder View Post
i just got the nexus 4 and i cant wait to see what the S4 has to offer. 5in screen isnt too much of an increase in size.
Don't get rid of your Nexus 4 for something made by Samsung.

How do you like it?
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #48
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
I'm kind of surprised to see the screen getting that big. The S3's is 4.8" and huge... its actually bigger than my current phone (old t-mobile G2) The Note II's screen is 5.55" and its supposed to be kinda tablet like.

The scrolling could be cool but I wonder how well it will work when driving and such.

Finally they got their shit together on wireless charging. Its not a difficult thing to get figured out.

Hopefully its battery life is good. I won't be getting one because I wont get a phone unless it has a physical qwerty keyboard
bmw greensboro

"You makes me sick" officer responds, "So worried about your BMW; but don't even notice your left arm is missing?"
"OMG.." lawyer replies. "Where's my Rolex?"

Last edited by Rotha; 01-22-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Rotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #49
Hockeyguy02

My Ride: E46 m3
I saw a girl walking down the street the other day with some Samsung phone ( I don't know model ) but the thing was massive and it looked hilarious. I couldn't help but laugh. It looked very uncomfortable. I personally don't like how big phones are getting. The iPhone 4-5 change was big enough. It's now a pita to text with one hand because I can't reach the top of the screen

CarbonBlackCinnamon
30% Tint/Black Grilles And Gills/CF Wrapped Trim/MeganRacingExhaust/DepoSmokedCorners
Hockeyguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #50
HallisterJ1

My Ride: 2001 325i, 2003 M3
Some information you can get from me regarding this phone is the screen will be significantly better then the SG3, depending on the US/Euro versions it' going to have a quad core with a possible octo-core option with a possible quad and then another quad virtual, or straight 8 (highly unlikely). It's said the US will get the mundane version, europeans get the best.

If they keep Jelly Bean on the phone during launch, the SG4 will be updated with Key Lime Pie (Google likes Candy, don't ask, its alphabetical as well) later on. Other then that, the guy was under contract to not tell me anything more.

Source: I coach an Android developer/Qualcomm employee.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #51
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotha View Post

I use my phone to play music in my car. Deal with it.

De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #52
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
I'm hoping the signal strength will be better than every other pitiful Samsung device (except the Note 2). Also, front facing speakers would be nice.

Last edited by Dreamliner330; 03-09-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #53
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
I wish companies would offer multiple screen sizes, I don't want anymore more than 4". If apple could do something like the Macbook Pro line up with a mini, normal, and large, that'd be great. Some of my friends recently purchased the GS3 specifically to avoid the S4 for that reason.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #54
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
I wish companies would offer multiple screen sizes, I don't want anymore more than 4". If apple could do something like the Macbook Pro line up with a mini, normal, and large, that'd be great. Some of my friends recently purchased the GS3 specifically to avoid the S4 for that reason.
They do. There is a GS3 & GS3 Mini. There is a RAZR HD & RAZR M. They offer smaller versions, but most people want larger.
Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #55
Tauce says

My Ride: is imola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
They do. There is a GS3 & GS3 Mini. There is a RAZR HD & RAZR M. They offer smaller versions, but most people want larger.
The GS3 mini is a piece of junk.
Tauce says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #56
BruceWonder

My Ride: 2011.5 E92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande D View Post
Don't get rid of your Nexus 4 for something made by Samsung.

How do you like it?
I love everything about it but the only down side are some of the apps. The major hitters like FB, twitter and other big name app are 100% identical to iOS. But other smaller 3rd party apps like CNBC RT and stocks apps suck donkey balls. Its a nice fast, light, thin, big screen'd phone. I moved from a ip4 and it blows it out of the water. Just wish the Android app store would have less junk apps and more quality one like apple. Overall you cant beat the price for a new unlocked phone imo
Old 03-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #57
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWonder View Post
I love everything about it but the only down side are some of the apps. The major hitters like FB, twitter and other big name app are 100% identical to iOS. But other smaller 3rd party apps like CNBC RT and stocks apps suck donkey balls. Its a nice fast, light, thin, big screen'd phone. I moved from a ip4 and it blows it out of the water. Just wish the Android app store would have less junk apps and more quality one like apple. Overall you cant beat the price for a new unlocked phone imo
Thanks for your thoughts.

I don't doubt that it's better than the iPhone 4 for a second. That phone is hurting compared to the modern competition.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #58
bmwti
yuppie racing

My Ride: 2008 335i coupe
I love when peeps complain about the bigger sized phones. So what? get a smaller phone, its that simple...

they make phones for different people. I have big hands and fat fingers, trying to type on an iphone 5 is annoying. I dont wear tight hipster pants, so the phone fits find in my pocket. I remember, when I got the droid X, a few years back- which was verizon's biggest phone at the time. (4.3 inch) Everyone was saying it was too big. Now those same people have S3's and cant imagine going back to a smaller screen.

The droid DNA has a 5 inch screen and the phone itself is physically isnt really any bigger than the S3- so I'm all for having more screen space on my phone.

I dont expect the S4 to really be any bigger...

Last edited by bmwti; 03-10-2013 at 12:04 PM.
bmwti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #59
rorschach

My Ride: '01 318i
bmwti, the problem is that all the smaller phones are also slower and generally lower-quality.
rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #60
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwti View Post
I love when peeps complain about the bigger sized phones. So what? get a smaller phone, its that simple...

they make phones for different people. I have big hands and fat fingers, trying to type on an iphone 5 is annoying. I dont wear tight hipster pants, so the phone fits find in my pocket. I remember, when I got the droid X, a few years back- which was verizon's biggest phone at the time. (4.3 inch) Everyone was saying it was too big. Now those same people have S3's and cant imagine going back to a smaller screen.

The droid DNA has a 5 inch screen and the phone itself is physically isnt really any bigger than the S3- so I'm all for having more screen space on my phone.

I dont expect the S4 to really be any bigger...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorschach View Post
bmwti, the problem is that all the smaller phones are also slower and generally lower-quality.
exactly what i was going to type....

Most of the larger phones are the higher end phones. There isnt that many small high phones to choose from.

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is online now   Reply With Quote