E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #1121
bry330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Google and Samsung must have bullied him when he was a child.

I don't get people who only produce negativity...
lol tell that to yourself. i have nothing but good praises for the HTC One. just not a fan of the galaxy series. i have a nexus 7 too. dont take it personal.
bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #1122
bry330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I couldn't stand the latest iteration of iTunes. I felt it was completely unintuitive, un-user friendly and quite frankly poorly designed. So, I don't really miss the PC/laptop.
let me guess, you're using it on a pc?
Old 08-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #1123
3coupe

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande D View Post
Presumably you cracked the iPhone screen when you dropped it, and iPhone vs S4 makes no difference in that respect. The bloatware on the non GP editions of the S4 is far worse than what comes on the iPhone. The updates are not forced from Apple, and at least they are consistently provided even as the phones get very old. iTunes is an easy syncing app, and I think Android would have a huge boost if it had such a simple and intuitive interface for syncing. With iCloud, you don't even need to use iTunes if you don't want to.

People will always rationalize their decisions (myself included) but your reasoning is far out at best.

I'd like to point out the Samsung has some of the highest failure rates per device of most of the tech sectors that they are involved in.
I think you missed the sarcasm in my response to an obvious troll.

My phone actually cracked while I had it in my pocket. Something a phone should not do. But yes either screen can break, that was my point.

As someone else said, they are forced because apps stop working if you don't update. I do agree that apple does at least provide long term updates, but they do make older phones slower because they are optimized for the newest phones hardware.

My issue with iTunes is that it runs horribly on windows. I also hate that it makes you sync everything. There is also no easy way to just drag/drop stuff onto the phone. I have most of my music on my desktop, but sometimes I want to put a file on my phone from my laptop.

I am honestly happy there is no android version of itunes. A simple way to backup might be nice. When it comes to iCloud, it's basically a pay feature. The free 5gb wasn't really too useful for me. Even turning off iCloud sync for anything I could easily just download again I always had more than 5gb of data so I had to back up by connecting to my computer.

Again, it's personal choice at this point. If you like iTunes and the iPhone get an iPhone, if you like the s4 get an s4. Both have their own benefits over the other. It's whichever works best on an individual basis.
3coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #1124
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry330i View Post
Yes. For me, the price of an Apple Laptop is not worth it based on what I would use it for.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #1125
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
lol tell that to yourself. i have nothing but good praises for the HTC One. just not a fan of the galaxy series. i have a nexus 7 too. dont take it personal.
Am I taking it personal or the guy who trolls every android discussion? Go look at your recent posts. How did I know you'll trot out the "I have a Nexus 7" line? If you're not a fan of something, what use expending energy on bringing up negative points about it to people who own it?

Quote:
Aren't Macs only 10% of the market?
Old 08-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #1126
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Re: Galaxy S4

Quote:
Am I taking it personal or the guy who trolls every android discussion? Go look at your recent posts. How did I know you'll trot out the "I have a Nexus 7" line? If you're not a fan of something, what use expending energy on bringing up negative points about it to people who own it?

Aren't Macs only 10% of the market?

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #1127
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
On a slightly tangential note, I find it ironic that Windows users bash what I believe to be Microsoft's best operating system in years- Windows 8.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #1128
'busa

Quote:
On a slightly tangential note, I find it ironic that Windows users bash what I believe to be Microsoft's best operating system in years- Windows 8.
Best how? In which ways is it better than Windows 7?

I might come around when flush border touchscreen monitors become the norm, but until then, I don't find it very user friendly or intuitive. It sure starts up real fast!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #1129
bry330i

Quote:
i guess voicing opinion = trolling. works both ways on iOS threads for android fans right?
Old 08-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #1130
srn1985

My Ride: Audi A4 S-line
Quote:
I haven't read anything but this last page but can guess what this thread compiles...however, I dunno if your being sarcastic but I agree with the WIN 8 being best since Office 2001 Pro. And I find myself no longer being an "apple hater"....its just that I can't make switch cause Im in too deep with droid and open source possibilites.

If I owned a mac, iPad, apple TV, apple this and apple that then to me it only makes sense in owning the same phone for convience.

But anyone got good insight on the sony Xperia...I've heard good things but only heard
srn1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #1131
'busa

Quote:
i guess voicing opinion = trolling. works both ways on iOS threads for android fans right?
Yeah, OK... These are your comments in Android/PC threads from just the last week or so. You sure have some "opinions". But oh, you have a Nexus 7!
Quote:
Sounds like a story samsung fanboys would make up.
Quote:
lol at the complaints at this thread. such a quality phone.
Quote:
Who are u kidding? You'd be upgrading in 2 years.
Quote:
Did I hurt your feelings?
Quote:
Lmao android. More secure huh?

Ibcaptandroidtotherescue
Quote:
lol at turning off the 'cool functions' just to save battery life. and its a new phone?
Quote:
by quality you mean no more stutters and lags?
Quote:
because PC
Quote:
just reformat. then repeat after a couple of months.
Quote:
you try way too hard
Quote:
so bitter
This one is nice.
Quote:
more like the opposite.

pc users go out of their way to show their hate.

im a mac user and pc user as well. i dont hate either just prefer mac.
Clearly, you're hatin'. At least admit it. Have fun.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #1132
bry330i

Quote:
Yeah, OK... These are your comments in Android/PC threads from just the last week or so. You sure have some "opinions". But oh, you have a Nexus 7!

This one is nice.

Clearly, you're hatin'. At least admit it. Have fun.
atleast quote the posts im replying to.

Last edited by bry330i; 08-22-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #1133
'busa

Quote:
atleast quote the posts im replying to.
Why? You're obviously not sharing information or looking for it. You're looking for an argument and an opportunity to denigrate a product which you say you have no interest in. Isn't that just a quandary?
Old 08-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #1134
bry330i

Quote:
Why? You're obviously not sharing information or looking for it. You're looking for an argument and an opportunity to denigrate a product which you say you have no interest in. Isn't that just a quandary?
you're the one who's e-stalking me.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #1135
bry330i

just to stay on the galaxy topic. anyone thinking of upgrading to the samsung mega 6.3? they just get bigger and bigger.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #1136
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Re: Galaxy S4

Quote:
much like v85 he's not going to admit he looks silly trolling even though it's clear

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #1137
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro3000 View Post
interesting... What about holding the menu button?

This is a good example of why OEMs should stick to the standard Android button configuration and stop making arbitrary changes.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Double tap on the home brings up the app list to close stuff down...just like I remember it from the iPhone...but better and much easier to close all of the apps down quickly.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #1138
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:

I might come around when flush border touchscreen monitors become the norm, but until then, I don't find it very user friendly or intuitive. It sure starts up real fast!
w8 should be better with the update in september.....and it is fast to start up !
Old 08-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #1139
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:

The interface is bold, simple, elegant (different, which lots of people can't handle) and in general proves Windows is capable of joining the rest of the industry in the 21st century.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #1140
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
I know most of you already have these apps but I found it helpful and thought I'd post it up:

http://techland.time.com/2013/07/01/...apps-for-2013/
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote