E46 Fanatics Forum banner

A day in the life of my 328i **New update 2/15

40K views 106 replies 51 participants last post by  Bigc2016 
#1 · (Edited)
i've decided to make a thread about the life my 328i has led with me. it's been a little over 3 and a half years and it's been a real blast. i'm going to do little talking and a lot of showing. hope you enjoy. for those of you who pretend to have never seen my car because of my sig, here's your chance

let's start on day 1:
this is the day i brought her home. well, my dad drove her home. i didn't even know how to drive stick at this point. at least not good enough to drive home from chicago. got her in very good condition with 82xxx miles one it from the original owner.

the first thing i did was add clear corners and side markers. i know that's not a big deal but these are some of my favorite pics of the car

soon after that i lowered the car on h&r springs and koni adjustable yellows. i've since done other modifications to the suspension but this was what set the modding bug

new ride height:

one of my favorite pictures to date.

then i added angel eyes

soon after, i got this little lady. i have since sold her but she was a fun project. very reliable too.

before:

after:

then came bimmerfest east of 2011.
me and my dad made the drive to aberdeen maryland. it was pretty freakin far but it was a fun time. the roads in Pennsylvania are to die for.

i actually won an award there which was sweet! even though it was "longest traveled to the show" i was happy. felt good to have my picture taken with my car :)

some kid decided he wanted to punch out my tail lights at school. so in the spirit of him being a dick, he bought me new tail lights. the LED ones i wanted since i got the car

in christmas of 2011 i got my smexy csl wheels. sportline csl's all weighing under 20 pounds with michelin PSS tires. i love them :)

then (probably out of order) i got my genuine bmw mtech 2 rear bumper. you'll see it later but here's it being mounted

during all of this, after i sold my 318is, i picked up an e30 vert. many of you know it as the car with the melons. yep, it's that car.
here's the day i picked it up :)

here they are all together the day before the 318is met it's new owner. i miss that car. it was good to me. i also love this picture.

See less See more
#2 ·
i recently got pretty into autocross. i did very well for my first season. i tied for first place in my class (ended up receiving second place) and received the rookie of the year award. i have 2 pretty beast plaques but i don't have pictures. maybe later :luv:
here's some pictures from those events.

and a couple videos :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cAlfnmVOFQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W4S_9KpzQ8

and finally we come to and end... for now. this is my car as is. i have a few mods i haven't mentioned. and i have done A LOT of maintenance and work on it. of course, you guys don't want to see that. i hope you've enjoyed this little window into the life of my 328i. i've had quite a bit of fun with this car and have learned a lot on the way. here's some current pics. let me know what you think! :thumbup:

#39 ·
peayton racer trip down memory lane

Hi peayton Racer4 I really enjoyed sharing your day out ( I posted your vid on F book &g+) it was good with no cones Killed,I'm going to miss your old Sig mellons &all, it had personality. Was that your G/F WITH THE DOG! LOVE the new car and I will enjoy seen what u do with It! Fred :thumbsup:

#24 · (Edited)
it's h&r race springs for non sport and sport springs for sport suspension. they're the same springs. hopefully that makes sense.
my tires never rub. i can't make them. the only time i've ever had rubbing was in the winter in the rear. i run spacers in the winter to push the rears out and they're a little far out.
but no, i never rub in the summer time with either wheels

yeah i'd love to put an mtech 2 front on. but i really don't want a replica and if i'm going to shell out the $1000+ for OEM i'd rather invest that money into a LSD.

looks great man, what are the specs on the CSL Wheels?
they are sportline cs.16 wheels. 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear. offset i'm not sure but whatever is recommended for non m. they're for sale on modbargains and they're all under 20 pounds on my car

nice car sir. which angel eyes did you go with?
i have the orion lite rings. i like them. there's a couple LEDs burnt out but they just need re soldered. i can do that myself at some point.

thanks for all the kind words guys! i've really enjoyed this car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.