E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #41
Vinoth

My Ride: BMW 323i
Finally got my shipment notice.. Still no personal response about the issue I had though

Last edited by Vinoth; 03-26-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Vinoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #42
CTS

My Ride: E39, E46, 3.0CSL
Vinoth- I liked what you originally posted. Hit the nail on the head.

I filed for a chargeback with Visa. It took that to get an email from them.

"Flypaper" is not a sound business strategy. Eventually you'll run out of people to snag. DIY BMW E46 enthusiasts is a finite market. The one's that are buying online but not reading these immensely helpful forums it likely a tiny sliver. With other's out there operating like you'd expect from a real business, it's just a matter of time.

The universal law of business is and always will be "Price/Quality/Service. Pick two." In this case, they couldn't even provide one. Price? I got better pricing from both Umnitza and Bimmian. Quality? Let's face it- it's all coming off the same boat from China, which is good enough for my wife's 9yr/old-150K daily driver. Service? You already know.

Last edited by CTS; 03-26-2013 at 09:23 AM.
CTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #43
Vinoth

Yeah I edited my post as I didn't want to be too harsh.. Though I do believe everything I said
Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #44
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTS View Post
"Flypaper" is not a sound business strategy. Eventually you'll run out of people to snag. DIY BMW E46 enthusiasts is a finite market. The one's that are buying online but not reading these immensely helpful forums it likely a tiny sliver. With other's out there operating like you'd expect from a real business, it's just a matter of time.
I type up a huge message in reply to this, but I'd get banned (again) if I wrote half of it and hit submit, SO, if you really want to talk to me (that goes for anyone here), go to our FB page and message us as we can write whatever there, or open a live chat. I don't want to get banned here again as we pay money for this, you know?

Looking forward to hear from anyone who has any critique, complaint, input, or funny pictures to send us. Thanks
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #45
CTS

Why should I or anyone else do that? In doing business with Umnitza, Bimmian and Kitaero in the last few days, THEY all contacted me to make sure they were meeting MY expectations. I spent hours trying to track you down and never got anything other than unkept commitments and outright misstatements.

It's not my job to help you make your business better. It's your job to EARN my business.

I'm befuddled as to how you might find yourself banned for responding to the issues posted. There are clearly stated issues posted on here. Why would you be banned for explaining the issue and your proposed resolution? I suppose if you were going to pound out some excuse-laden diatribe and tell us all to F-off, then banning just might be appropriate.

If you had any business sense whatsoever you would address each individual posting here with "I'm so sorry we have displeased you..." and work from there. Sure, there's going to be an extreme circumstance where a customer might be unreasonable, but from what I read, most people are experiencing the same issues as I did. That's called a pattern of behavior. You show items in stock, you charge immediately for orders and then you fail to ship them for a week or two- and sometimes more. You aren't willing to provide factual answers or even extend the courtesy of acknowledging that a customer is reaching out to you for information about their purchase.

It cracks me up to read in your other posts about how your pricing is "a favor" to all of us and that you feel under-appreciated. In fact, you're not the best-priced. Not by some margin. You belly-ache about your johnny-come-lately competition and how they're not here for the long term while you are. Do you really think we're looking for new, mail-order BFF's? I want you to fill my order and that's it. If your business is gone tomorrow, that's the marketplace speaking. I couldn't care less. Someone else will be there to fill my needs. And they'll be there the next time if they do their jobs well and satisfy their customers.

I'm not visiting your "customer service department" over on Facebook. If you really feel the need to tell me to F-off, PM me. Or do it in replying on one of the many unanswered emails I sent. Or even return the call to the number I left several times on your machine.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #46
Vinoth

I'm not in this to start bashing but @khoalty, your response is not classy .. The fact that you even have the time to respond here but not to the emails and voicemails being left for you is concerning. My piece on this matter has ended and I'll move on
Old 03-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #47
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

I'd rather just talk about these things person to person instead of on this thread, open a live chat, I'm on right now, and only three chats have opened up since I logged into it, and none of them were any members from this forum. If you have an issue, like I said, contact me, directly, I'm on right now, and nobody is doing it. If you'd rather yell and complain about us on this forum, but not talk to me about it, hey, more power to you, but I've got a direct line of contact open, right now, and not a single person has taken advantage of it.

I know we have had issues in the last two weeks, trust me, I deal with them, I know they exist.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #48
Vinoth

Mannnnn I really wanted it to be over but can't believe your posts as a business owner / representative .. If you will not respond via email then don't advertise it. If you won't return phone calls, then don't give your number..

Your chat is totally inconvenient as it relies on you to physically be logged on.. I work 9-5 and was lucky to get you on chat once, tried many other times with no luck . Apart from what you may think, we dont sit on the site all day waiting for the chat link to appear. You say to contact you directly, mannnn believe me I tried. I have to be honest, your responses are not professional or accountable.. I really was hoping for something better... People will say what they say and bash you, it's part of being in business, your responses can really make the difference and turn that around..

Telling us to ignore the other two methods of communication you advertise is ridiculous at best .. I mean really? If we have to get a hold of you it's Facebook or chat? You don't even have your chat hours of operations posted , are we suppose to guess? Should we wait till you come on e46fanatics and tell us all "hey I'm logged in now if you want an answer".. Are we suppose to just know you are on the chat and this is the only way to get a response. be realistic and be fair to your customers. This is far from being accountable.

Ok I'm done : )

Last edited by Vinoth; 03-26-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #49
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

In my opinion, taking accountability for a lack of communcation, would be resolved by offering ways to talk to me. I realize we are not on chat 24/7, but right now I am available for you to talk to, about whatever issue you may be having, right at this very moment, and for the last few hours. That goes for anyone in this thread, nobody has opened a chat from here yet but I'll be on for another few hours. I don't know how to try to rectify a previous lack of communication any better way?

Facebook: Wall Posts, Messaging
Off-Site: Email

We don't advertise our phone number, there were a few invoices that went out with it on there which shouldn't have happened (part of a much larger email problem), we don't answer it, we don't have time, which we are increasing pricing every day to be able to bring someone in full time for that, right now we just brought someone in for shipping, as that was an issue to some, the backorders, that is.

Did we miss some emails? Probability is there, we get a lot of emails, they go into folders, they get assigned, we document emails by order number, name, and/or email address in google docs and spreadsheets to keep track of things, so we are all generally on the same page. One thing that happened causing a delay or issue in emails just last week is we had bumpers and freight items go out, SEKO picked them all up, we didn't get those tracking numbers to reference right away, so orders were shipped, but we could not provide the details to 'prove' it, so we didn't send updates aside from 'your order did ship', which were met with 'but where is tracking', headache for everyone, and a very rare situation.

Could we implement a ticket system like other sites/stores where you have to log in and submit a ticket and then it's all logged and documented into a new service where we know all the time where everything is instead of a big email inbox? Sure, we've looked into it, there are a lot of options out there, our first venture into the 'next level' of managing our communication was live chat, our plan is to find a great ticket software, it should increase our level of service (that is if it works 100% of the time). I think a lot of them have too much nonsense involved, we don't need a lot of the things they come with, which would cause a lot of clutter and really not be any more efficient than the way we do them now.

Do I want to get whatever issues we missed resolved, right now, to clear all of this up? YES. It seems your main concern is our lack of communication to customers, I'm honestly BEGGING for someone to talk to me about an issue right now, so we can fix it, and nobody has taken that offer up. There's one person I'm chatting with, we missed a pair of chrome amber bulbs on his order, they are going out tonight. I want more people in this chat, if we have issues out there, and huge quality drops in service, I want to hear about it from start to finish. We can't get better if we don't know, and can't look into, however we screwed up. Continuing to post your critiques here, while I am reading them, isn't going to get anything solved efficiently for the future if the communication is only one way, and delayed by great amounts of time. You want someone to talk to at Khoalty, I'm here to talk to, let's chat. Maybe you don't have any issues right now, but what about previous issues, any issues at all, even website slow, page loads funny, missing information from a product page, I want to talk to you about them and resolve them.

Is there usually delays in orders? No, and thousands out there can attest to this.

Do they come up every few months? Sure, and a handful of people out there can attest to this, some things come up that we can't prepare for, ex: 02-05 sedan corner lights and side markers, we usually sell x amount a month, so we buy x+y amount per month to make sure we are good incase theres a delay on the next shipment, well, what happens when x turns into x+x? We just can't ship that stuff out if we don't have it, so we do our best to find anyone here in the states to ship them out for us, pick them up in LA/OC, and get them out, but sometimes that doesn't happen, thus delay, we even go to competitors for stuff (ask around, we place orders where we actually LOSE money during backorder times, just to get it moving). We don't have a ton of money to throw around for inventory, if we did we would have massive stock of every product, it would be a dream for us, everything always in stock no matter what? Perfect. But it just isn't in our deck right now.

Are some parts in stock on the site but we end up running out prior to getting to your order? Yes. Our inventory was live, then it wasn't, then it was perfect, then it got messy, now, as far as I can tell, things are live again, and this will be reflected by the end of the night on our site. When we know somethings out of stock, we either mark it as unorderable, we don't want your money if we don't have the product: http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46-wagon...ear-tails.html - OR, we remove said options which are out of stock from the product page entirely, with a little note. We used to have it where if you select an option that is out of stock (02-05 headlight lenses) it would remove the add to cart button, but guess what, it didn't work in internet explorer and it could be over-ridden by using firebug to change the css of the page, and click the button anyway (which people really did), so now we just remove the dropdown option altogether.

Could we do a better job at letting you know when to expect that order to ship? YES, which is why we, while our new hire was shipping, went through all of our inventory and made sure we know exactly how much of x is in y location. Most of the times the delays are nothing you would even notice, a day, maybe two days, or a weekend+1, so we don't update right off the bat because usually we are awaiting a shipment to just get to us, once it's here, order goes out, seamless. Sometimes the delay goes from 1-2 business days to 3-4 business days, which usually happen to fall at the end or beginning of the week, so then you've got 4 business days (an estimate, mind you), plus 2 days from the weekend, and if you ordered after 6-8pm, we didn't even see it until the next afternoon since we shipped orders in the order in which they were received, so you've already essentially waited '1 day' when we haven't gotten to you yet, a 4 business day delay after that is undoubtedly going to be a full 7 days. That sucks. I know it sucks.

I'm currently waiting for an incredibly cheap and horribly reviewed (it was 20 bucks, come on!) coffee table I bought on amazon that they said would ship and be here last week, it's frustrating. I know working here that it's just as frustrating for the company that's delayed on shipping it out. It drives me absolutely crazy, enraged-ly crazy, when I go to look at the list of orders in processing and there's ones more than 2 days old. I'd give you my friends numbers, they would vouch, when there's orders being delayed, I'm not a fun person to be around, I HATE it. I've often referred customers to other businesses that may have the item in stock, most of the time they don't either, because they either don't stock it, or that dropshipper is out, either way, there's a lot of times we hear that it's not just us. Not an excuse, just saying. Sometimes I refer people to sites, and they get mad, but in my opinion (PLEASE CORRECT me if I'm totally wrong), if you want the part, bought from us and we couldn't deliver, wouldn't the next best thing be told where to get it? If a restaurant had a 2 hour wait, wouldn't it be incredibly awesome if they said 'hey, this place less than a block from here is really good, and doesn't have a wait'? I would be genuinely excited and feel appreciated as a fellow human being for someone at a packed restaurant tell me that.

I am not a boss here, but I can tell you I do my fair share of yelling and complaining, and stressing, to get orders out. This is one of the reasons why, if your order doesn't ship in a time frame you're happy with, WE offer to refund you right off the bat, you don't have to ask. We don't like holding peoples money for more time than we should. I don't like when someone gave us x amount of money LAST WEEK, when their order still hasn't gone out. I would much rather give you your money back, and you can either buy from someone else, or place a repeat order when it's back in stock. I think this is a good practice? Instead of holding your money for seemingly ever if there's a backorder or a delay in shipping, I want you to have it back, I didn't deliver what I promised, so take your money back, it's yours to spend wherever you want, where and when hopefully works out better for you than it did with us.

Do emails sometimes not get to us, or get out to you from us? YES, we recently just bought a handful of extensions to get emails working better with our mail server (separate from our web server), I am 99.9% sure it will be resolved. I didn't go to school for figuring out mail servers, so the issue took a while, and a lot of people had to be asked about it, things were going to spam, emails were getting returned to us and our customers, we had to do some tweaking to the server, DNS records, and how the accounts are set up, but now everything is great, as far as my testing has gone (personal accounts at multiple providers, etc)

Are we shipping same day again? Yes! Nearly every order from today went out, we are essentially caught up on backorders minus a few certain parts.

I can't discuss actual numbers, for obvious reasons, I really, really, wish I could. But I can tell you, out of the last 40 shipments, only 2 were from beyond our goal or target shipping time, that's pretty good in my opinion, one was from a certain backorder (an item that only we have, nobody else sells it, not anywhere in the states, so the delay was 100% our fault, we could not do anything to get this order out any quicker, logistically impossible to get this part any faster than the duration we had to wait, refund was declined) and the other was due to paypal's echeck system being obnoxiously slow, it's really awful, I can not recommend anyone to use that service.

I've been on chat a majority of the day, and have been cranking away at emails almost as they come in. If it's a return, it goes to returns, if it's a shipping error, shipping looks at it, if it's sales or general service and product inquiry, I can reply right then and there. If it's something 'above me', it goes into the 'boss' folder. I think this is a good way of doing things. I can't think of a way different, if anyone has an idea (aside from discussed above), again, here I am, let's talk about it. Nobody yet has come in with an issue that wasn't resolved in a few seconds, or had their question go unanswered. I want someone to come in with something worthy of how critical this thread is about our operation, one of you should do it, so we won't have anyone thinking so critically of us in the future. I can only fix what I understand to be broken, I can only resolve issues that are broguht to my attention. If there are issues, I want to know about them, and soon, like hours ago, so please, talk to me.

Same goes for shipping, if you have an idea, aside from live inventory (which I think we have now as of tonight when we update, like we did a few months ago), if there is some input out there, I'm more than happy to hear it.

I have a tendency to ramble, looks like I just did, that's why a lot of my answers are short, I have a lot to say and most of it honestly doesn't have anything to do with the actual question at hand, I've worked hard to just get to the point and say whatever piece of information needs to be shared, or answer the question quickly and effectively. Some have a problem with this, I personally don't see much wrong with it, we could copy and paste the same old responses as others do, but I actually feel that a direct answer, written every time, is /more/ personal and assuring of service than some two paragraph block of text that we spent an entire afternoon perfecting, and sending that out but [replace this word] and [this product name], instead of actually being a real person. I don't like talking to companies that are clearly copypasta.

In the spirit of this thread though, asking if anyone is home at Khoalty, I hope it is now known that yes, someone is home. So, if anyone wants to listen to more of it, ask a question, tell us how we screwed up, tell me how much better so and so is at doing something, feel free to email me or live chat, for email ask for Dean, for live chat, that's me!

TLDR: if you have an issue, let's talk, if you had an issue in the past, or wonder what we do all day, open a chat/email/read above, and yes, we are trying to make all things better in all ways. yes, i also hate backorders.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #50
CTS

We don't want to talk to you anymore. We wanted to talk to you a couple days ago, a week ago, two weeks ago... My problem is resolved via my bank retrieving my money from you forcibly since you refused to reply to me. Now this is all being posted for the benefit of others that they might avoid the hassles we endured.

I should have known when I couldn't get straight pre-purchase answers so shame on me.

You have serious problems in your business. Tens of thousands of other enterprises operate without these hassles. It's not rocket science. It's a matter of you (or whoever really owns the place) not committing the resources to solve your internal problems. Not everyone is cut out to own or manage a business. Those that are prosper. Those that aren't struggle and ultimately fail. Seeing as this isn't an isolated incident but rather an ongoing pattern of behavior, either someone in your organization is going to have an epiphany, or you're not long for this marketplace. The marketplace eats its weak, and you, sir, are that.

FYI- every one of my customers has my personal cel number. That phone is under my pillow when I'm sleeping or in my hand or pocket when I'm awake. I don't go to sleep until every issue is handled. It rarely rings because I'm typically more concerned about my customer's issue than they ever are. You have posted on here about problems- one's you know you have. Yet you continue to cause new one's every day by taking orders you can't fill, or don't even know you cant fill. The "we only missed two orders" is rubbish, pure and simple. Even when I was able to get ahold of you, you lacked the ability to provide a status on my order. If you had two orders, aside from your every day course of business, I sincerely doubt it would take over a week to get information. And when you repeatedly tell people things that don't happen, people begin to not believe anything you tell them.

Had you been forthcoming and told me you had a problem, I'd have chalked it up to one of those things and moved on. But what you did was treat me disrespectfully. And that's something people don't forget. Had this been an order you were unable to fill, I'd have forgotten your name just as fast as everyone else I buy from on-line. But your behavior, dealing with my order and your responses on here have burned the name Khoalty into my mind.

Khoality? Seriously? Khowestionable is more like it.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #51
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
Good price, shipping was on time- love the parts. Thanks for the service!
Brevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #52
Vinoth

@khoalty, your last post though a bit rough around the edges, was what I was looking for ..I don't agree with all of it, but at least it's something. Every business has its issues, I get it. I will always give benefit of the doubt to a business that can acknowledge it, apologize for it and strive to be better with transparency as not to have customers lose faith. Like I said in my initial post , I have purchased other items without any issues. I'm over it and in all honesty would buy from khoalty again .. I know ppl in my position wouldn't , but to be fair, I've had more good experiences than bad .. I just hope you can also understand the anxiety we feel when we drop 300 bucks on an item and then have no further communication on next steps or status .. You know what issues you are having, we have no way of knowing ..

Anyway, I hope things work out.. It's always good to have variety of suppliers of parts for the BMW community

Last edited by Vinoth; 03-31-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #53
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Khoa has always been my friend. I am not sure what happen lately but this is sad to hear and read...

Last edited by TrippinBimmer; 03-26-2013 at 11:04 PM.
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #54
CTS

Heard from my bank. At least I got my money back. I was surprised though when I stopped to use my credit card. It was denied and the printout said "stolen card". Fortunately it was at a supplier I use several times a week, otherwise that would have been embarassing.

Called the bank- Visa had cancelled the card as there was a transaction by a "known fraudulent transactor". I asked if it had anything to do with the chargeback I had filed. They told me that was the issue. In brief, they told me that they cancel cards when the number comes into the possession of anyone with a flagged history, such as a vendor with repeated chargebacks. Now I have to drive into a branch and request a replacement in person.

On a positive note, Umnitza continues to impress. I was looking for a set of skirts- couldn't find what I wanted at a decent price. Via a Google serach I found a set on the Umnitza website. I was confused as I was sure I looked there when ordering my bumper. Turns out that a glitch prevented them from displaying in their index. They could be found via a search. I emailed them to confirm they had them, which they did. Told them I wish I had known so they could have gone in the box with the bumper. Umnitza says "sorry about that- how about a break on the shipping?" which was fine by me.

Bimmian- another winner on the customer service front. Received a set of grills I ordered out of their closeouts. Marked "No Return". They were for an E92, not an E46. The first thing I got on my call was an apology, then an offer of sending me a non-closeout replacement for what I thought I was buying. Since they had another closeout that was close enough, I told them I'd just take that. Problem addressed and resolved in a 3 minute phone call with an individual that actually cared about my situation.

Customer service with online companies is a funny thing. I buy almost daily from online sources. I have little remembrance of who any of them are, let alone any loyalty to them. I send the money, they send the product- then it's over. That's the way it's expected to work. These companies that I've had issues with who have treated me right have given me a reason to remember them- and to speak highly of them when the opportunity presents.

I began thinking about this a few days ago. When I buy locally, I usually deal directly with someone who remembers me, treats me well and thanks me for my business. When I buy on-line, I get computer-generated follow-ups. Or worse, added to their spam marketing lists. The smart online sellers will one day step away from their technology and begin turning anonymous transactions into ongoing relationships. I can't wait.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #55
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
Thanks to this thread I don't think I'll order from khoalty
Old 03-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #56
330xIce

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Send a message via AIM to 330xIce
I've had to deal with Khoalty's customer service on one occasion. I was sent a faulty product, and emailed them about it. We emailed back and forth, and they would take a few days at a time to answer, but they did send me a replacement part, free of charge. Granted it did take a few weeks but I didnt mind too much. I do think it is a bit silly that they dont have a phone service. I've ordered from them many times and that was really my biggest problem

Love umnitza's customer service. Like stated above, when you contact them it seems as though theres someone who actually CARES about any problems you may have. I will always be a huge advocate of umnitza's.

Follow Me On Instagram: JamesMarshall_E46

///My Progress Thread - How To Set a Signature - Black Sedans FTMFW
-James-
330xIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #57
E46 Love

My Ride: ///M3
Ordered part a while ago, waited over 2 months to get it and nothing. Didn't hear back or get a response. Cancelled my order with credit card, and that's when I heard back. Their only response was that it had been shipped a long time ago. Provided me with a tracking number that was created that day and just had "received shipping info. B.S. business. Since then I've swayed all of my friends to never order from him again and spending their $1000's of dollars with more reliable companies. Keep us the good work shitoalty!!