E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #61
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Yes, but I wash my gloves and the bacteria is not external (coming from other people). Some gloves are made specifically with anti bacteria material just like tops made for biking.
Do you honestly worry about this kind of thing on a daily basis?

I make a point to not touch my mouth or eat anything until I've cleaned up, but if you go as far as to even consider antibacterial gloves (assuming you don't have some sort of autoimmune disorder) then I don't understand how you can function in daily life.

Do you wear gloves when opening public doors, using pens at the bank, handling money, etc?

I honestly couldn't care less if people use gloves. I think they diminish certain benefits, but whatever - that's the individual's choice. I think your reasoning is nutty, but that's a separate issue.

It's not like using a bar pad, however, which compromises stability and promotes bad form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #62
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Z00, have did you grow a penis and throw away your gloves over the weekend?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #63
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post

I make a point to not touch my mouth or eat anything until I've cleaned up, but if you go as far as to even consider antibacterial gloves (assuming you don't have some sort of autoimmune disorder) then I don't understand how you can function in daily life.

Do you wear gloves when opening public doors, using pens at the bank, handling money, etc?

I honestly couldn't care less if people use gloves. I think they diminish certain benefits, but whatever - that's the individual's choice. I think your reasoning is nutty, but that's a separate issue.

It's not like using a bar pad, however, which compromises stability and promotes bad form.
100% agree!
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #64
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I wear full finger gloves because they help reduce calluses, improve grip, and reduce exposure to bacteria. What's nutty about this reasoning?

Maybe because I mountain bike and any mountain biker knows how important it's to have full finger gloves. I don't see what's the big deal about wearing gloves. If it makes some people here feel more manly to not wear gloves then be it.

A pad is a different topic all together and I agree with you 100%.

Quote:

You mad cuz u only get a boner 3 times a week?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Z00, have did you grow a penis and throw away your gloves over the weekend?
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #65
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Quote:
I wear full finger gloves because they help reduce calluses, improve grip, and reduce exposure to bacteria. What's nutty about this reasoning?

Maybe because I mountain bike and any mountain biker knows how important it's to have full finger gloves. I don't see what's the big deal about wearing gloves. If it makes some people here feel more manly to not wear gloves then be it.

A pad is a different topic all together and I agree with you 100%.

For what it's worth, it's less about the gloves and more about your nonsensical logic.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #66
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
do you wash your gloves after every workout?

bacteria accumulates in your gym bag feeding off the sweat on the gloves / gym gear (did you know that sweat "smell" is from the fecal matter of bacteria feeding on it?) and will most certainly get all over your clothes, hands, face, mouth, nose, ears, etc. everytime you put those gloves on.

crazy logic
Old 03-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #67
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post

bacteria accumulates in your gym bag feeding off the sweat on the gloves / gym gear (did you know that sweat "smell" is from the fecal matter of bacteria feeding on it?) and will most certainly get all over your clothes, hands, face, mouth, nose, ears, etc. everytime you put those gloves on.

crazy logic
Ick. After that post, I think if we don't hear from z00 for a while, it's safe to say he's cuddled up in a closet with some lysol and hand sanitizer

Last edited by Silversixspeed; 03-19-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #68
DylloS

Quote:

You really want to go there again? Did you forget about the time you challenged us with "your girls" then I posted mine and only a month later you posted a thread in the love line section about how your girl isn't pretty enough? Do I need to post proof of my sex life for you? The wind blows and I'm up.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #69
dabears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversixspeed View Post
Ick. After that post, I think if we don't hear from z00 for a while, it's safe to say he's cuddled up in a closet with some lysol and hand sanitizer
that was my goal lol, I didn't get as graphic as I wanted. I used to be a germaphobe as a kid, then I realized how ridiculous and fruitless it is. Living in a bubble = easy way to a short life. Body needs to learn to rid itself of these bacteria the natural way.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #70
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

Bravo chaps! I suppose that he won't have a retort to dabears germ statement.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #71
sweetbro858

My Ride: BMW
Do you ever see guys chewing on their fingernails in the gym...

Dear god
Old 03-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #72
z00

I wash them every few weeks, I do put anti bacteria solution on them after each work out (inside and outside).

The problem is that most of you don't pay attention to how disgusting people can be. Some pick their noses, others go to bathroom without washing hands, then you want me to touch the same equipment? You all nasty.

Quote:

crazy logic

Bro please, there is a difference between a girl I take seriously and girls that I simply have fun with. Like I said it's impossible to find beauty, brains, and personality in one girl. So if you wanna go there, compare on the rest of the attributes. Plus your girl is old bro. All of my girls are 22-26 max.

No need to post proof of your sex life, let your gf say how satisfied she is.

Dabears, I'm in Toronto on a business trip. How far are you? Anything fun to do around?

Quote:
You really want to go there again? Did you forget about the time you challenged us with "your girls" then I posted mine and only a month later you posted a thread in the love line section about how your girl isn't pretty enough? Do I need to post proof of my sex life for you? The wind blows and I'm up.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #73
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
I'm honestly curious - how do you handle other public/dirty things/situations? Door handles, cabs, public transportation, handling money, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #74
DylloS

Lol at 29 being old. You do know your girls will one day be that old. I have also found all 3 attributes.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #75
dabears

lol toronto is about a 5 hour plane ride from me, I'm a 1.5 hour plane ride from vancouver on the west coast.

not my usual stomping grounds unfortunately, but I would assume go out downtown. The women will be +++. If you want +++++ go to montreal.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #76
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
I'm in Toronto. not sure if want to meet...
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #77
z00

I'm not OCD about other stuff. But particularly in a public place like a gym where people sweat, go to bathroom often, etc... I would rather minimize my contact with their $hit. Stuff you mentioned does not bother me as much. I mentioned two other reasons, it's not just about bacteria.

Quote:
I'm honestly curious - how do you handle other public/dirty things/situations? Door handles, cabs, public transportation, handling money, etc?
Well ya they'll but I'll also be older. Each person has their preferences. If you found all three in one girl then good for you. It's a different topic when it comes to girls' intelligence and personality. Most attractive girls are into some stupid majors in college (history, arts, etc...) I get along best with girls from a science/engineering/finance background. Most girls in those fields are not attractive. What does your girl do? You mentioned it in another thread but I forgot.
Quote:
Lol at 29 being old. You do know your girls will one day be that old. I have also found all 3 attributes.
lol did not realize you were that far, but in the M3 you can make it faster than an airplane. I agree, some of the most attractive girls I have seen were in Montreal. In Boston, it's known that most of its guys/girls are the least attractive in US.

Quote:
lol toronto is about a 5 hour plane ride from me, I'm a 1.5 hour plane ride from vancouver on the west coast.

not my usual stomping grounds unfortunately, but I would assume go out downtown. The women will be +++. If you want +++++ go to montreal.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #78
z00

Who asked you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
I'm in Toronto. not sure if want to meet...
Old 03-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #79
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
Don't be such a girl.....

Wait...... Wat?

-j
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #80
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
That's about 125lbs^