E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #81
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 826
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
there were times when social anxiety disorder was called shyness and you didn't need a prescription drug for it. now they come up with serious sounding names for common and NOT SERIOUS "disorders" in order to sell more pills. i was listening to a comedian the other day that said the same exact thing. these "disorders" have like 100 symptoms that when you read them you're bound to find a few that fit your problems. then they advertise PRESCRIPTION drugs directly to the public (which is fvcking retarded and don't know how it's still legal) and pay the doctors to push these pills (almost always unnecessarily) to people that ask for them. so basically you have people walking in to a doctor's office asking for ______ because they they feel they need it. the doctor checks the blood pressure and prescribes an unnecessary pill because he gets a kickback from the drug company. if i could make 3 things disappear it would be : drug companies as we know them today , the FDA , and Lair.
There were also times when people died of "consumption" but then these fancy pants "doctors" came along and started calling it cancer just to push radioactive drugs. I mean, come on!


And doctors getting kick backs for prescription writing is just all part of the free market.....don't infringe on their freedom!
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #82
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
There were also times when people died of "consumption" but then these fancy pants "doctors" came along and started calling it cancer just to push radioactive drugs. I mean, come on!


And doctors getting kick backs for prescription writing is just all part of the free market.....don't infringe on their freedom!
ok guy.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #83
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 826
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
ok guy.
I'm not your guy, buddy.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #84
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I'm not your guy, buddy.

please tell me one good reason for advertising prescription drugs directly to the consumer?
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #85
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 826
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
please tell me one good reason for advertising prescription drugs directly to the consumer?
Because drug companies should be allowed to advertise free from government intervention. Right? Putting limitations on what they can do will stifle their industry.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #86
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 539
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
please tell me one good reason for advertising prescription drugs directly to the consumer?
Wait what? Do you watch television? There are advertisements advertising drugs directly to the consumer.
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #87
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Because drug companies should be allowed to advertise free from government intervention. Right? Putting limitations on what they can do will stifle their industry.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
Wait what? Do you watch television? There are advertisements advertising drugs directly to the consumer.
hi , welcome to the conversation.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #88
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 826
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post




hi , welcome to the conversation.
I can only assume that you are a socialist, marxist, anti business zealot.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #89
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I can only assume that you are a socialist, marxist, anti business zealot.
obviously.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #90
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
please tell me one good reason for advertising prescription drugs directly to the consumer?
Increased awareness translates into increased sales which translates into increased profits. It's the same reason any company advertises. It's up to the individual and their physician to determine if said product is appropriate for their situation.
__________________

Last edited by casino is no lie; 03-21-2013 at 11:02 AM.
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #91
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
Increased awareness translates into increased sales which translates into increased profits. It's the same reason any company advertises. It's up to the individual and their physician to determine if said product is appropriate for their situation.
then i blame the public for the housing bubble bursting and what ensued. also why can't tobacco companies advertise on TV?
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #92
v8 5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jarzy, New Jarzy
Posts: 343
My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Being shy is generally easy to fix, I had to work my way up from support level jobs, to small business retail, to managing a store, this got rid of my "shyness". But then I realized how yellow my teeth are from smoking and coffee addiction, and how ugly my facial bone structure is, so that made me shy again because I feel like a freak.
__________________
Gutted with a Getrag



We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #93
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
then i blame the public for the housing bubble bursting and what ensued.
Good.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
also why can't tobacco companies advertise on TV?
That's a great question. Let us know what you find.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #94
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: I'm alive
Posts: 4,889
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I can only assume that you are a socialist, marxist, anti business zealot.
Lol
__________________
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #95
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,902
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Being shy is generally easy to fix, I had to work my way up from support level jobs, to small business retail, to managing a store, this got rid of my "shyness". But then I realized how yellow my teeth are from smoking and coffee addiction, and how ugly my facial bone structure is, so that made me shy again because I feel like a freak.
Just get really fat. That will help to even out your facial bone structure (by covering it up with soft, supple padding).
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #96
v8 5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jarzy, New Jarzy
Posts: 343
My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Just get really fat. That will help to even out your facial bone structure (by covering it up with soft, supple padding).
I tried, but I started losing my jawline and it was pissing me off even more, so now I'm back to eating healthy.
__________________
Gutted with a Getrag



We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #97
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,902
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
I tried, but I started losing my jawline and it was pissing me off even more, so now I'm back to eating healthy.
Less of you to love, then.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #98
06E46M3
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LKP
Posts: 35
My Ride: L;KL;KL;KL;LKL;;KLL
just bleach them = )
06E46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #99
unionjack
Conceited Prick
 
unionjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,082
My Ride: 997.2 C2S
The amount of uneducated opinion in this thread is astounding in deleterious to the OP and his original post. This thread started out being helpful, but now it's being ruined by morons only interested in sharing their idiocy on the topic of healthcare and especially mental health.

Let's get this thread back on topic please. If you have experience in the matter, share it. If you have questions, ask them. Please remember that what worked for you may not work for him and vice versa. Treatment is tailored to the individual. It's not a papercut. The decision is his and his alone so don't dirty his understanding with your opinion and personal belief and state it as fact.
__________________

Last edited by unionjack; 03-21-2013 at 05:07 PM.
unionjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #100
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 826
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by unionjack View Post
The amount of uneducated opinion in this thread is astounding in deleterious to the OP and his original post. This thread started out being helpful, but now it's being ruined by morons only interested in sharing their idiocy on the topic of healthcare and especially mental health.
You seem unusually angry for a thread posted in OT. I'm sure there's a pill out there that could help with that issue.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use