E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #1
Zert

My Ride: M3
Can I trust any member of this forum when it comes to money??

Hello guys, i live in a remote area somewhere in southern africa, a friend of mine drives e36 M5 and he always send other M5 board members some money for whatever he needs and they buy and ship the staff to him. Whoever is close to what he needs opt to help. They charge him norminal fee for their travel if they do travel. So his M5 is in tip top condition. This side ///M spares are very expensive.

Does this good spirit exist in this forum???? or has any one helped you in this way???
Zert is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:54 AM   #2
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Some members can be trusted. But there's always scammers. Long time members with lots of posts and some feedback can be trusted much more.
You might have a hard time finding people to shop to southern Africa though. Sounds like a scam waiting to happen. No offense.
Here in the USA we get a lot of scams where people from "other countries" send or request money and it ends up being a big scam. They are typically avoided.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #3
Zert

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Some members can be trusted. But there's always scammers. Long time members with lots of posts and some feedback can be trusted much more.
You might have a hard time finding people to shop to southern Africa though. Sounds like a scam waiting to happen. No offense.
Here in the USA we get a lot of scams where people from "other countries" send or request money and it ends up being a big scam. They are typically avoided.
Yaa, i understand the scam issue, just an issue of people lacking ethics. If its a scam i will be the losing party coz i first identify the part that i want then i send money to any member who is close that location so that he buy the stuff and ship to me. Right now i need lowering spring coils but the shop cannot ship them to me coz they dont do shipping. Well, I can pay the shop from here, but who is going to collect my stuff??
Old 03-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
You're in tough dude. Many scams originate from African countries, so anyone would and should be hestitant to complete a transaction without using something secure like Paypal.

Last edited by taylor192; 03-14-2013 at 10:07 AM.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Sounds like a job for dmax.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #6
Mallee

My Ride: 2002 E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
You're in tough dude. Many scams originate from African countries, so anyone would and should be hestitant to complete a transaction without using something secure like Paypal.
African countries are a pain in terms of trust, (not that I'm casting aspersions on the author of the thread.)

Paypal is not great for the middle man either..

This is where it really sucks for the buyer, the middle man needs to demand a western union style money order, or a direct cash transfer, is used if he wants to feel totally safe.. (the money order would remove hidden transaction fee claims)

Even then the middle man could be risking his reputation if there's a failure (or claimed failure) of the goods delivery.
Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #7
rcsummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post

thinking the same thing.

Dmax, SolidJake, or Mango.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #8
Zert

In that case lets just stick to sharing of information only. I wonder why its so easy at the M5 board?? Anyway thanks for your responses, you have shown me the negative side of this idea and i m happy for that.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:49 AM   #9
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
You can trust me, OP. I have an African-American friend from Ghana. I'll get him to send you a note attesting to my trustworthiness and then you can send me money and a list of all the parts you want.

I wouldn't trust either Mango or SolidJake, honestly. I think you'd send them the money and wouldn't get the parts. Me? I wouldn't even think of such a thing!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #10
Zert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
You can trust me, OP. I have an African-American friend from Ghana. I'll get him to send you a note attesting to my trustworthiness and then you can send me money and a list of all the parts you want.

I wouldn't trust either Mango or SolidJake, honestly. I think you'd send them the money and wouldn't get the parts. Me? I wouldn't even think of such a thing!
Thanks, I sent u a private e-mail, reply to my inbox and we take it from there.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Old 03-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #12
rcsummers

^haah this.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #13
dmax

OP, I got your PM...thanks.

So if you want parts, just know it's pricey. A WP shipped to Africa is around $1,000. Control Arms around $1500...that's the parts cost, shipping and handling and keeping warm in my bed at night before I put them in a box to you.

Really, OP, only guy I know that'd be trustworthy is JonJon. Who else? Oh, kpeng would probably be good at this too. Drewdown would have been the best...B_Cyrus? I think he'd try to fit your parts on his person, if you know what I mean? Especially control arms...he's done things with his spindle too. Odd stuff goes on here, OP.

I wrote what I did just to get laughs from our viewing public! They know me pretty well...sorry you thought I was serious. You could trust me, but I'm too busy to mess around with stuff like that. Sorry.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
Old 03-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #14
dmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
Could you pick me up some really good Mexican and pack it on dry ice and ship it to me, mini? I promise, if it's good stuff, I'll send you money...or send you White Castles back.

Also, btw, while I'm here, is there anyone from St. Louis that can send me some Steak and Shake--chili three ways?

A recent set

Old 03-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #15
Zert

ha ha, its ok guys, can see some are making good jokes out of my situation especially dmax. ha ha. Thanks, keep in touch and let the forum blossom with life. Its amazing how these SCAMS have changed the way we live our lives. Have a good day.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:35 AM   #16
RKiepper

My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
I've bought wheels and various parts for other members before... I'd trust them to return the favor.

Just depends on who it is.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:52 AM   #17
Zert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKiepper View Post
I've bought wheels and various parts for other members before... I'd trust them to return the favor.

Just depends on who it is.
I think most people in this forum dont have spare time, its all working class, 24/7 so taking your limited time to assist somebody you havent met before can be a challenge. I understand.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #18
RKiepper

My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zert View Post
I think most people in this forum dont have spare time, its all working class, 24/7 so taking your limited time to assist somebody you havent met before can be a challenge. I understand.
This is true. When I've made purchases for members, I've always done it through PayPal as a purchase. It's just safer for everyone that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Also, btw, while I'm here, is there anyone from St. Louis that can send me some Steak and Shake--chili three ways?
I had some of that a few days ago actually! Yum!!

Idk how much it'd be to overnight food though...
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:56 AM   #19
turbo_f22_pilot

My Ride: 2 pedals - 2 paddles
It depends on what you want and how quickly of a turn-around you expect. You can also talk directly to the guys at @ Tischer (aka: GETBMWPARTS.COM) Jason & Evan. they're sponsors here.

Joy is future proof
Get your "M" on . . .
Reading is FundaM3ntal

CAR:
2003 TIAG Coupe / Blk Interior / SMG / HK Premium
MODS:
EU-CSL Coded / Macht Schnell intake / OEM CSL Wheels / OEM CSL Diffuser / Dinan Exhaust
Full LED Conversion / HID fog / Aurora AE / RE RTAB FCAB

BMWCCA NCC
turbo_f22_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:00 AM   #20
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zert View Post
I don't think I'd have any problem shipping you things. If you sent the money through PayPal and allowed the time for me to put it into my bank, I'd ship out parts to you.
I think the turn around period might be a whole though. I have no idea how long it would take to ship parts to Africa.