E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Redline4

My Ride: 02' 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to Redline4
umnitza buying experience

Around a month ago my 330ci suffered damage to the rear bumper and taillights from a rear end collision. Since the ladies insurance was willing to pay and I figured this would be the perfect time to upgrade my Stock OE bumper and taillights to the newer Mtech rear bumper and Led tails. I went online as soon as I got the check and started to figure out who would be the lucky seller for the items I needed. After about two days It was between Umnitza and Khoalty, But in the end I decided on Umnitza based on the problem I had with Khoalty the last time regarding contact information and customer support and the fact that Umnitza offered a really good deal shipping the product via "Fedex Ground". After paying for my order I spend the next day or so waiting for an shipment confirmation that never came. The same day I got a call saying that bumpers does not get fedex ground shipping and that I would have to choose between Greyhound or Drop Ship with Pilot Freight. I asked him why does it say fedex in the shipment choice and he said it was just how the site was and that he couldn't turn it off. I was fine with that but the next big problem was that the closest greyhound terminal was to far for me to drive and pick it up. So I just told him that i would cancel the order and find another place to buy; But he insisted that I could get it drop shipped with pilot freight. I never heard of the company and figured the price would be horrible to get it shipped from one end of the country to the other. Well he ended up giving me a quote to have it shipped for like 100 bucks for both tail lights and bumper and just ate the cost and said sure.

Now this is where it gets a little interesting...I got the items as described pretty quick (3 business days) so i was pretty happy with that. The next day i dropped the items at the body shop and told them to call me when it's done. Well after three weeks at the body shop they finally tell me to pick it up. Once I get there I notice a few problems with the items I bought. The rear bumper doesn't line up right with the car and there is a major gap on the end of the bumper close to the wheel on both sides. I call Umnitza and the guy I was talking to says "You need to buy 03+ brackets to make it fit right" Well, that's nice to know now after I got the bumper put on. There isn't anything on their website that said brackets are needed to put the mtech rear bumper on my car. So, I became angry at my body shop for not telling me the bumper wasn't right and at umnitza for not displaying that information. I ended up ordering new brackets and clips which costed me 23 bucks but now the body shop is wanting me to pay 80 bucks to take the rear bumper off so they could put the correct brackets on my car. So who do I blame? Umnitza or the body shop? Body shop should've have called me... But if your selling a product you should mention that major detail to getting the bumper to fit right. It has costed me an extra 100 bucks that wasn't planned in the budget.

Basically, When I talk to the people at Umnitza they are very nice and very informational which is a good thing. Shipping was fast and once they seen the error they called me. All I ask is that if you have product that requires other pieces to make it work at least put it in the description so people can know. I will be calling this week about one of my tail lights has condensation in one of the tail lights so I think it's not sealed good.

I give the an B- for effort but could use some work on the website to get it updated and to give their customer correct information. Right now I would suggest that if you decide to buy something from them you call them first so you can ask them the proper questions.

Good day

Last edited by Redline4; 03-14-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Redline4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Redline4

Well I was looking at your page and it says that the brackets aren't needed for the 02 coupe so i figured that would be the same from Umnitza but i was told that I'd have to buy the 03 brackets and they look almost the same as the brackets on my car. I can't really tell a difference.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Sorry for any difficulty. You will need the 01 style brackets.

Should you need any support, please don't hesitate to have your body guy give us a call.

Last edited by umnitza; 03-15-2013 at 05:33 PM.
umnitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Redline4

What the crap so I need brackets from a 2001? One guy tells me I need the 03+ brackets and now I need the 01? Not to be rude but someone at your company needs to get their stuff straight.

Last edited by Redline4; 03-15-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Redline4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Redline4

UPDATE! So umnitza has been messaging me on here for the past few days helping me out with my situation and I decided today to take the entire bumper off which took 15 minutes and try to fix the problem myself. I ended up replacing the brackets in my 02 but they turned out to be the same ones from the factory so they weren't needed but figured id rather do it now than later. Have pushing, pulling and twisting the bumper I ended up getting it fairly close. It's no way perfect but its aftermarket what do you expect. So in the end umnitza isn't a bad company just need better information on their products and possibly have the people better familiar with their products and if they don't know ask someone :)