E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
m3nut82

My Ride: 745
ISO MD Inspection location?

Hey guys, anyone know a good reputable MD Inspection station? I bought my M3 out of town, and have temp 30 days tags but Im afraid to go to "Joe's Inspection" station because I know how these places operate. They will try to take you for every penny you have and fail you for complete nonesense. I had a guy who was supposed to take care of me, but that fell through, now I unfortunately have to roll the dice with a inspection.

Any one went through recently? Any suggestions?

Last edited by m3nut82; 03-14-2013 at 08:57 PM.
m3nut82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
saxual328ci

My Ride: 2004 325ci
idk but here is a list of indie shops.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=487465

I just had mine inspected and I went with where most of my friends go in my area just to get a quick inspection. I bought my car in MD and it was inspected there so I figured at the most they would find a windshield wiper needing to be changed. Where did you get your last inspection?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #3
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
I had my inspection done about two years ago at Zimmerman Auto. About to go again since I took it off the road for the winter...
Old 03-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
m3nut82

Its been a while since i've actually had to do an inpsection, that's why I was inquiring. @dreamdrivedrift, I'll check out zimmerman. One of my main things that I know im going to get hit for is tint, i think its right at about 25%, plus I have coilovers so the ride height is lower than stock and no front license plate because of the aftermarket bumper...
Old 03-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdrivedrift View Post
I had my inspection done about two years ago at Zimmerman Auto. About to go again since I took it off the road for the winter...
I got inspected here as well, he is a pretty fair guy. Doesn't care about painted reflectors and silly things like that.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
m3nut82

Cool, thanks for the feedback gents. I guess i'll hit him up Monday morning. I'll update on how it goes.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #7
mrich777

My Ride: 2003 325I
Zimmerman

How did it work out. I'm in the same boat. M3 Vert arrives next week from out of town.
mrich777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
If they are close to you, I'd still go there. I found a closer place to me in Silver Spring area though, so don't get out that way anymore.