E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
A day in my life.

I "documented" my weekend.. figured it would be something fun to do. This was last weekend but I pretty much do the same thing every week.

I woke up around 8 am, got dressed and woke up my daughter (who turned 1 the day before) I started packing while my wife and sister in law got the baby ready.

I packed rather light today, Took two smg's, a m1 carbine, a remington 513t (wwii USGI target rifle) 2 silencers, and 2 pistols. I dont normally take a m1 out but I was testing some seconds ammo for a local ffl before he sold it (stuff was junk...)

Getting ready to put her in the car seat... Spec ops pants FTW

01 tahoe, "range" truck...

my family.

Heading down the road to the highway..

passing dixie caverns. It's one of those "road side attractions" that hasent changed a whole lot since 1950. Neat little place but I personally like to avoid being deep underground...Dont like the idea of a cave in happining and me having to shoot and eat the rest of the tour group one by one..... kidding....

Trucking down the highway... All in all I do a 220 mile round trip every weekend to the range. There are closer ranges but this gives my wife some time with the inlaws and its the closest range to there house.

We ususally stop at wendys in christiansburg va, 3 JR baccon cheese burgers, small fri and a large coke.

Dropping my wife, sister in law and daughter off at there parents house, now I'm off to pick up a friend.

Our range is on a rather steep hill, and theres a bit of a walk. You can always unload your equipment and then park the car but I dont like the idea of leaving 20+k laying in the open. My buddy comes in handy because he's got a handicap tag that allows us to park at the top of the hill instead of at the bottom.

Josh is jewish, he's american (born in ny) but lived in israel when he was younger. He served in the IDF before moving back to america and eventually serving in iraq. He's got a handicap sticker because of the 3 purple hearts he earned in iraq. He knows his guns but he's a bit on the shell shocked side....

Getting off the highway on to the backroad that leads to the range.

Packed as ususal... The hill is steaper than it looks, especially when your moving 300lbs of gear and steel targets. (I love that handicap tag hehehe)

I wish I'd have taken more photos at the range...I pretty much took all videos. We stayed about 5 hours before we packed it in. The m1 carbine ammo was junk and I had a issue (broken firing pin) with the 513t. Everything else ran fine.

One of the things I LOVE doing is loaning my more unusual guns out. Even in VA ( theres more machine guns in VA than any other state ) its a rare occasion to see one on the firing line. Most are tucked away in collections as investments and never fired. When ever one comes out you ususally get a hand full of people ask about it so I always let them toss some free lead down range. I ususally "give away" about $100 in ammo on a average week.

More videos on my youtube account.
[video=youtube;du05CCK-fdA]
Some more of the blacksburg area.

josh enjoying some water.

After I dropped him off.... Back to the inlaws for some movie time.

After the movie it was a bit late to take good photos. We drove home...got back around 10 or so.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I love these sorts of threads...looks like you had a sweet day!

A thread like this for me would be so boring:

Wake up at 930
Shower
Get stuff together for school
Leave and get in car at 1130
Get to class at 12-240
Eat lunch
back to school from 5-7
dinner
study
bed

do it all over...ugh

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
good thread....I expected to see some more of your antics though
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
BANDIT1

My Ride: BMW 330i
I'd be happy to take that 513t off your hands since its broken and all
Old 03-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
That 513's going to have its sights stripped and tossed back in the pile.

I'll pull out another and use that one as some future project.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote