E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
DYNAVIN

My Ride: M3
DYNAVIN Product in Australia

Since there are some confusions regarding purchasing DYNAVIN product in Australia, we hereby to clarify some confusions and hope it can help you guys to buy with more confident in the future.

This will be an official announcement with support authorization certificate which issued to Australia distributor.

Please Note: Manufacture warranty ONLY applies to all DYNAVIN brand products previously sold in Australia (manufacture date before 1 FEB 2013). However, since DYNAVIN has never sold any DYNAVIN brand (only NOVTRON brand) after 1 FEB 2013, so any DYNAVIN brand product which is manufactured from 1 FEB 2013 onwards and sold in Australia may not be genuine DYNAVIN product or imported by unauthorised importer from other countries.

Therefore, if you believe your DYNAVIN product is genuine, then please claim warranty from where you purchased from. Warranty will not apply to the product is made from other manufacture and named DYNAVIN.

Due to the trademark issue, We have decided to launch a new brand (NOVTRON) for promoting our products in Australia.

All products are sold in Australia region is now named NOVTRON.
MotivAuto Pty Ltd is currently NOVTRON/Dynavin 's exclusive official distributor in Australia region.

In Australia region, official standard factory warranty only apply to NOVTRON brand. Any purchases via unauthorized seller in Australia are not warranted by DYNAVIN.

Last edited by DYNAVIN; 03-23-2013 at 06:02 AM.
DYNAVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:33 AM   #2
DZILVA

My Ride: 330cic Individual mt
How much? I'm after a e46 D99 android unit
DZILVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:41 AM   #3
DYNAVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZILVA View Post
How much? I'm after a e46 D99 android unit
Please contact Australia distributor for any purchase enquiry. We are here just to clarify NOVTRON brand is the rebranding DYNAVIN in Australia and warranty policies.

This is just to help Australia customers to understand the new brand and no more confusion when purchasing NOVTRON product
Old 03-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
DYNAVIN

Please Note: Manufacture warranty ONLY applies to all DYNAVIN brand products previously sold in Australia (manufacture date before 1 FEB 2013). However, since DYNAVIN has never sold any DYNAVIN brand (only NOVTRON brand) after 1 FEB 2013, so any DYNAVIN brand product which is manufactured from 1 FEB 2013 onwards and sold in Australia may not be genuine DYNAVIN product or imported by unauthorised importer from other countries.

Therefore, if you believe your DYNAVIN product is genuine, then please claim warranty from where you purchased from. Warranty will not apply to the product is made from other manufacture and named DYNAVIN.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:47 AM   #5
trive2

My Ride: 1989 BMW 535i
I can't find Novtron anywhere...
Old 03-24-2013, 04:50 AM   #6
DYNAVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by trive2 View Post
I can't find Novtron anywhere...
Here is the link for official announcement and distribution info:

http://www.dynavin.com/news/news20130201.php
http://www.dynavin.com/dealer.php
Old 03-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
TurnersInOz

My Ride: 2004 325i
They are in Victoria:

http://www.motivauto.com/portfolio/nov-e46/
TurnersInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
minerma1

My Ride: 325i
Just been quoted $1800 for a non android version, I really can't see the justification for the massive price difference between here in Aus and other parts of the world. Seems to me that's one reason they are now branded Novtron, and can now reject all warranties unless you pay the exorbitant premium price. With incarmedia sales they were less than $1000.
minerma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
pawelgawel

My Ride: 330CI
Re: DYNAVIN Product in Australia

Wow.. $1800????
If anyone wants one, ill take the time and buy it here in NA and shipp it to AUS for extra $30

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #10
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
Jea for that price I'll get myself the eonon for 376 usd$ = 392 aud$ with Australian maps, 1800$ aud or usd doesn't justify anything idc what manufacturer it is and what they're claiming
Old 06-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
fgin

My Ride: e46 facelift
How are the eonon units? videos on the net seem very similar, has anyone got one? I am thinking of getting one for a mate's e46. I have a feeling it cant be any worse than a Dynavin. They are all Chinese and come off the same mold. Dynavin/novotron or what ever you call them are way over priced now for the pseudo name they think they have created. But its no Apple or Samsung and will never be. Grand delusions!

Last edited by fgin; 06-13-2013 at 11:46 PM.
fgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #12
Inspite

My Ride: 2002 M3
Since I bought my M3 I've been looking at replacing the OEM unit.

On Ebay I can buy one for $880 including postage (WinCE or Android)

I finally looked for an Australian supplier to see what kind of prices I could get and found Tonkin Car Audio stocked them.

They were vague as but came up with the $1800 price tag + $500 for Digi TV add on + $250 for the reverse camera + $300 for fitting

Wtf would I pay a local retailer that much money just for a valid warranty when I could buy 2 cheaper through Ebay?

/jumps on bandwagon
Inspite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #13
brett05

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspite View Post
Since I bought my M3 I've been looking at replacing the OEM unit.

On Ebay I can buy one for $880 including postage (WinCE or Android)

I finally looked for an Australian supplier to see what kind of prices I could get and found Tonkin Car Audio stocked them.

They were vague as but came up with the $1800 price tag + $500 for Digi TV add on + $250 for the reverse camera + $300 for fitting

Wtf would I pay a local retailer that much money just for a valid warranty when I could buy 2 cheaper through Ebay?

/jumps on bandwagon
Did you end up buying one through eBay? If so, what was the seller and did you go WinCE or Android?
brett05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #14
Inspite

Haven't bought one yet but its my next 'upgrade'

At first I thought I'd get the android one but after plenty of Googling I think they are more trouble with regular crashing and white screens.

Lots of talk of having to reset them etc. and apps not being able to run.

I use my phone a lot so I'm thinking I'll use that for the internet and go WinCE for the car
Old 06-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #15
andrijko

My Ride: 03 E46 M3
You can buy the Dynavin from Jeff in the states. He is a forum sponsor if you look in the audio section he has a very comprehensive page on the Dynavin. He also does good prices and sends them to australia for a decent price too.
andrijko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #16
Inspite

Tried that

Quote:
Sent:
Mon, 29 Apr 2013 09:02:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject:
Re: Enquiry on items

I have an agreement with Dynavin to not sell in Australia, sorry, you will need to contact a local dealer.

Thanks,

Jeff Bechtel
J&T Distributing/Dynavin Solutions
2385 S. Sarah
Fresno CA 93706

(559) 486-4047
jtdist@sbcglobal.net
www.jandtdistributing.com/dynavinsolutions
Old 06-14-2013, 12:26 AM   #17
brett05

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspite View Post
Tried that
That's a shame.... so cheap from the states.
brett05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #18
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
I heard that the dynavins are like on back order or something. I wouldn't mind sending you a unit if you deposit the money in my account to purchase it and cover the shipping to AUS, but for all that you should just order the eonon yourself. Heck you can buy 2 for the price of 1...I know I said that already and I prob sound like their sponsor but DAMN!!! 1800 for a radio? That's robbery
Old 06-14-2013, 04:03 AM   #19
_k

My Ride: e46 coupe
$1800. FML. i purchased my DYNAVIN for about $700 a couple years back and though that was pricey already. $1800 are they serious!!? you can find something similar for $350. you could buy 5 for the price of 1 Novtron??
Old 06-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #20
fgin

My Ride: e46 facelift
Quote:
Originally Posted by _k View Post
$1800. FML. i purchased my DYNAVIN for about $700 a couple years back and though that was pricey already. $1800 are they serious!!? you can find something similar for $350. you could buy 5 for the price of 1 Novtron??
I too got one (known as a V4) a few years ago and have installed the latest version (d99+) on my brother's X5 just before the price hike. I can assure you it has not become any better, in fact it has less features than mine. I will see how it goes with the eonon and report back soon. If anyone else has got an eonon then please report back. Specially in VIC.
fgin is offline   Reply With Quote