E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #21
nimraynn

My Ride: 2000 E46 323Ci SE
Bit of an update.

Picked up a set of smoked Eagle Eye LED rears from MStyle:

Comparison of new on left, old on right:

And fitted:

Unfortunately thought one of them didn't have a seal, which I only realised after fitting them and we had a lot of rain, so the boot got soaked and my battery is now sat in a pool of water... so swapped the light on that side out for the old one and picking up a replacement tomorrow.

Also picked up a set of pressed metal number plates. The rear numberplate was pretty knackered and I'm surprised it passed the MOT a few months back. Also got some "carbon" effect numberplate surrounds. Not quite the "carbon" effect I was expecting, but I still kinda like them so still used them even if it's just a for now thing:

Preparing the car for winter soon, not that we have it terribly bad, but we generally do get some snow and ice... so I plan to put the CSL's into storage for a few months and bring back the old Style 44's. Got some yellow plasti-dip on order to freshen them up a bit and make them stand out during the dull winter months. As I hear we're due snow as early as November, I'll probably be getting those on pretty soonish.

Also got some yellow Lamin-X tinting film to cover the front fog lights with.... and finally, bought a set of used genuine xenon headlights with 5000K bulbs. They're currently on their way to me, should hopefully be here Monday/Tuesday, although I'm being optimistic and praying they get delivered tomorrow so I've got the weekend to fit them. Fat chance of Hermes delivering on a Saturday though, so I can only dream :lol:
nimraynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #22
nimraynn

My Ride: 2000 E46 323Ci SE
Bought and fitted a set of genuine BMW OEM xenons for a bargain price of 200

Bought some Plastidip and started spraying up my Style 44's ready for winter. Colour is very marmite, you'll either love it or hate it.

Got some new rubber and fitted them:

These will stay on the car until about March/April. The rubber on the CSLs is near shot as they were only part worns and I do a lot of miles. Done nearly 25,000 miles since I bought the car a year ago. Give winter a chance to clear and got a bigger payslip at the end of March, so will sort some decent rubber

Sent the car into a mate's bodyshop to get the wings repaired as they'd started to rust. Only surface rust at this stage so thought I'd better get it treated before it got worse

Finally got around to tinting the foglights yellow using some Lamin-X tinting film:

Over Christmas, I decided it was finally time to do my audio upgrade. Ordered a JBL GTO-5355 5-channel amplifier, JL Audio CS110-WXv2 10" subwoofer and an Andrive AN-46 headunit. Chose the 5-channel amp as I plan to upgrade all 4 speakers when I have a bit of extra cash. Headunit helps improve the speakers for now, but new speakers are on the way.

Fitted the headunit:

And then today installed the sub and amp:

Layout is temporary for now. Once I've worked out where everything sits best, I'll cut out a wooden floor, cover it in some fancy fabric and bolt it down properly. Bungee cord is just there to stop it moving too far in the mean time
nimraynn is offline   Reply With Quote