E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2003, 12:16 PM   #1
jazzy_james

My Ride: 2002 325Ci
Goodguys...?

Which Goodguys should I go to for installing and purchasing JL Audio amp and sub in the SF Bay Area? I heard some Goodguys are better than others in the install dept.

Just considering Goodguys because they're authorized dealers of JL Audio. May take the install somewhere else if needed but the install charge seem to be lower at Goodguys.
jazzy_james is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-12-2003, 08:46 PM   #2
sfgr415

My Ride: IS300
Send a message via AIM to sfgr415
Places like Good Guys, Circut City, and Best Buy all have ****ty installs. Just go to another stereo shop. Trust me. You dont know how many people we get coming to my work saying that one of the above stores did a bad job and that they want everything re-wired. I dont know which stores in the bay you want to go to. Maybe us?....but we dont carry JL. We can prob still install it though. Trust me on this one. Pay a lil more now that way you dont have to get it all redone later.
sfgr415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 12:45 PM   #3
jazzy_james

My Ride: 2002 325Ci
should be an easy install. Just getting the JL Audio 500/1 amp along with their CLS10W7 sub enclosure. Goodguys just need to hook up the amp to the battery and splice it into my speaker wire and then hook up to the sub. Just wanted the install dept to do a nice clean job.

Therefore, I was hoping someone can refer me to a specific Goodguys for the purchase and install.... anyone...?
jazzy_james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 03:18 PM   #4
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
If you are not doing a custom box, fiberglass or an amp rack any good guys should be suffice. Just talk to the isntaller and make sure he knows what hes doing. If you unhappy with the job i'm sure they will fix it. Good luck.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 07:43 PM   #5
chump413

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to chump413
From my personal experience, the slight premium to have your system installed by someone who KNOWS YOUR CAR and has substantial experience with the car is worth it.

When I was originally inquiring Best Buy / Mobile One / Car Toys about my install, half of them would tell me it couldn't be done cause the BMW system was "complicated." Others said it could be done but looked hesitant. I'm assuming GoodGuys is a chain store as well so I'm only inferring a comparable experience. Again, this is my own experince in my local area and could indeed differ elsewhere.

Simply put: just do it once and get it right.
chump413 is offline   Reply With Quote