E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 05:50 AM   #61
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
bottom line, cop was in the passing lane, PASSING LANE, if you're going to sit there and do the same speed as the car next to you regardless of others on the road you're a douche

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #62
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Camera man was tailgating.

Spedo was at 3/4.

Don't know what happened before this. Something made the driver start recording.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #63
Devious21

My Ride: is topless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Even if that's true, it's likely that there's an exception built in that they're not obligated to do so for anyone that's violating traffic laws. So if they've set up residence in the passing lane BUT they're doing the speed limit, anyone that comes up behind them is speeding and that's their trump card for ignoring them.

I hate left lane campers. Sometimes people move left to pass someone and then shut their brains down and stay in the left lane. But some people just get on the freeway, immediately move as far left as they can and then sit there. I'd like to flay those people alive.

I've done a lot of charity bike rides in the last few years, and honestly, I see it with riders, too. At some of the bigger rides, we sometimes have a lane blocked off (esp near the start) and I'm annoyed by the number of bike riders that just brainlessly move all the way left in the lane and just sit there with no regards for faster riders coming up behind.
I think that's highly unlikely. At that point both drivers would be breaking the law.

The only example I can think of where me breaking the excuses you from breaking the law is self defense.

Devious21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #64
Devious21

My Ride: is topless
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
Camera man was tailgating.

Spedo was at 3/4.

Don't know what happened before this. Something made the driver start recording.
Check out my previous post to Mango. Any tailgating and what happened before the video is irrelevant. There is no action that happened before this that makes the officer's actions excusable.

Don't make excuses for sh!tty cops. It's a slap in the face to good cops who do their job well.

Devious21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #65
Stankia

My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
The driver sounds like a whiney meathead. Where was he going in such a hurry in a large POS SUV? as it is, the meathead's SUV was already whizzing by other cars. How fast does he need to go? Seems like he was just trying to be a macho man. The video should be taken into context. We don't know what the meathead driver did prior to turning on his camera phone. Maybe he was tailgating the cop... like in the video.
Guy was going 50, speed limit was 60...
Old 03-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #66
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
Everyone in this video was a douche- Cop, meathead, and soccer mom. Douche, douche, douche.
Brevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #67
Stankia

My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
The Volvo driver wasn't so smart either, never ever ride alongside another car in case either of you needs to swerve, always leave room on all sides in case there's an emergency.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #68
new//M3fan

My Ride: 77' 924 87' E30
Quote:
Which is exactly why the cop was in the right for brake checking the meathead essentially slowing down a two-and-a-half-ton missle that was flying by other passenger vehicles.

Last edited by new//M3fan; 03-20-2013 at 09:44 AM.
new//M3fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #69
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
guy filming illegally passing on the right and tailgating. All are idiots.

///M

Last edited by Redline; 03-20-2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: .
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #70
mtnbound
Town Clown

My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
Check out my previous post to Mango. Any tailgating and what happened before the video is irrelevant. There is no action that happened before this that makes the officer's actions excusable.

Don't make excuses for sh!tty cops. It's a slap in the face to good cops who do their job well.
mtnbound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #71
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Cops should never be allowed to drive first. Ever. If they are scared they should run away.

A citizen's life should always be more important than a cop's life. There should be a minimum number of cops killed each year by bad guys in this country with our gun laws. If you don't like it, are too scared, or don't think you can not fire first, don't become a cop.

Americans are brainwashed into thinking heavy handed police tactics are necessary and actually work in the long run. It's comical to me the whole judicial system goes out the window whenever a cop gets scared. Which one is it....right to bear arms or right to shoot someone in public if you get scared.
Troll
Old 03-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #72
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
Quote:
Our armed forces put their lives on the line. It's also their choice. Do you talk down upon them too?
He's reposting from another thread.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #73
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
And we know he's a shitty cop from a 1 minute youtube video? For all you know, that barbwired tattoo'd bicep meathead could've been weaving in and out of traffic and that cop was trying to put a lid on it.

Someone said that cop was being a douche for sitting in the left lane not letting faster cars pass. Lets assume that's true. So what? Following too closely is dangerous. The driver in back had full control. He chose to follow closely instead of wait for an opening. Before that video started filming I bet that cop was probably responding to a radio call, texting, whatever when the meathead was tailgating him. The cop looks up and noticed this and goes WTF? So continues to drive at the same speed just to put a lid on the situation.

Truth is we don't know what happened before the video. So why would you side with a cussing road rage inciting civilian vs a member of law enforcement? You can just tell that SUV driver is a total gun-slinging meathead. Just listen to him go off in the car. I bet his face was all red and blood pressure high while the cop was just relaxing.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #74
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
You lost me there bud... So now being distracted is an excuse

Quote:
Before that video started filming I bet that cop was probably responding to a radio call, texting, whatever when the meathead was tailgating him. The cop looks up and noticed this and goes WTF? So continues to drive at the same speed just to put a lid on the situation.
Brevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #75
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by breiwa1 View Post
You lost me there bud... So now being distracted is an excuse
It doesn't matter if the cop was juggling hamsters. The meathead didn't need to tailgate.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 03-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #76
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
It doesn't matter if the cop was juggling hamsters. The meathead didn't need to tailgate.
You need to brush up on your legal knowledge. One has nothing to do with another. His tailgating didn't cause the cop to cut him off a brake check him. Tailgating isn't a deliberate attempt to cause an accident. Brake checking is.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #77
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
You need to brush up on your legal knowledge. One has nothing to do with another. His tailgating didn't cause the cop to cut him off a brake check him. Tailgating isn't a deliberate attempt to cause an accident. Brake checking is.
The cop wouldn't have brake checked anyone if SUV driver wasn't tailgating.

Is that true or not?

You can get cited for following too closely.

You cannot get cited for going the speed limit.

Members of law enforcement are exempt anyway so moot point.

Do you tailgate every car going the speed limit? (or for the sake of argument, even 10 mph under the speed limit?) Or is the better option to be patient and go around when a safe opportunity is found?

Is this a matter of "HUR LOOK HOW TUFF I AM I CAN GET AGGRESSIVE?"

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 03-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #78
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Cops should never be allowed to drive first. Ever. If they are scared they should run away.

A citizen's life should always be more important than a cop's life. There should be a minimum number of cops killed each year by bad guys in this country with our gun laws. If you don't like it, are too scared, or don't think you can not fire first, don't become a cop.

Americans are brainwashed into thinking heavy handed police tactics are necessary and actually work in the long run. It's comical to me the whole judicial system goes out the window whenever a cop gets scared. Which one is it....right to bear arms or right to shoot someone in public if you get scared.
Yes, because passing on the right is about the same as shooting someone.

Wes, who was your Logics professor in college? Just wondering...
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #79
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

South Carolina Code 56-5-1930

(a) The driver of a motor vehicle shall not follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent, having due regard for the speed of such vehicles and the traffic upon and the condition of the highway.

(b) The driver of any truck or motor vehicle drawing another vehicle when traveling upon a roadway outside of a business or residence district and which is following another truck or motor vehicle drawing another vehicle shall, whenever conditions permit, leave sufficient space so that an overtaking vehicle may enter and occupy such space without danger, except that this shall not prevent a truck or motor vehicle drawing another vehicle from overtaking and passing any vehicle or combination of vehicles.

(c) Motor vehicles being driven upon any roadway outside of a business or residence district in a caravan or motorcade whether or not towing other vehicles shall be so operated as to allow sufficient space between each such vehicle or combination of vehicles so as to enable any other vehicle to enter and occupy such space without danger. This provision shall not apply to funeral processions.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS

Last edited by Mango; 03-20-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #80
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
The cop wouldn't have brake checked anyone if SUV driver wasn't tailgating.

Is that true or not?

You can get cited for following too closely.

You cannot get cited for going the speed limit.

Members of law enforcement are exempt anyway so moot point.

Do you tailgate every car going the speed limit? (or for the sake of argument, even 10 mph under the speed limit?) Or is the better option to be patient and go around when a safe opportunity is found?

Is this a matter of "HUR LOOK HOW TUFF I AM I CAN GET AGGRESSIVE?"
Congrats, you went full retard.