E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
jdny516

My Ride: E39 ///M5
My TiAg Progress Thread (2000 323ci)

Hello E46F, I've been a member for quite some time now and never really made a progress/build thread. Only reason I never did one was because I never had the money to do anything besides maintenance. Now that everything is all up to date, and I have a steady well-paying job, it was time to start some progress. A little background; vehicle has been in my family since 2004 as a CPO from Habberstadd BMW. My brother had it for a while and I acquired it about 4-5 years ago now.
2000 323Ci (Build 02/00)
5 speed manual
TiAg on Gray interior
Type 44s
Sports package, cold weather package, blah blah blah

It's going to jump around a little bit between years because I don't have pictures from previous years, so just bare with me.

Started off small with just smoked tail lights, smoked corners, matte kidney grilles, but I have since gone to clear tails. Dark tints all around, but unfortunately need to come off soon. Here are some older photos from around 2009.

Installed ECIS CAI system, but I have gone back to stock with AFE dry drop in filter (currently)

This guy thought he was too far into the intersection in DC, and backed into me at a red light. (2010)

June of 2012, I had extensive subframe damage to my car. See picture (Yikes). Big Thanks to the guys at RRT Racing for repairing the damaged area as well as reinforcing it with Turner Motorsport Kit. Had my power steering hoses and reservoir replaced at this time as well.

Couple years ago I purchased some UUC springs, unfortunately I lost the before and after pictures. After about 20k miles on them with stock suspension, I decided to take the plunge and purchased Koni Yellows (Thanks Mike from ImportRP)

Received these as a gift, Authentic ACS Type III (non-race) 18x8.5et43
Package:

Before Koni Yellows were put on:

Two weeks ago I swapped out my old ZHP shift knob, black shift boot and ebrake boot.
Purchased BMW Performance shift knob
BMW Performance shift boot
BMW Performance e-brake boot with handle
OEM Anthracite floor mats.

Before:

After:

This past weekend I had a BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Brace installed. Thanks to Charlie (cak323i) for helping me source one, and thanks to Bruce (BCS E46) for helping me with the relocation of the battery terminal.

A couple days ago, I received OEM Black Cube Trim

As she sits right now:

In the mail:
MtechII Rear bumper (ETA:10 days)
MtechII sideskirts (ETA: 10 days)
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust 2x76mm (ETA: 2 weeks)
OEM BMW Performance Rotors (ETA: 4 days)
AFE Stage 2 ProDryS Intake System (ETA:4 days)

Soon to come:
- Spoke with Mike at Coby Wheel to have a custom wheel made for me
- I might go a different direction with the wheel setup (VMR CSL Reps?)
- LED Tails
National Capital Chapter #465420
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | Brushed Aluminum Interior |
Tuning Tech Frank Smith Tune
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

My Progress Thread

2000 323Ci | TiAg | Gray | 5MT | SOLD

Last edited by jdny516; 03-21-2013 at 05:01 PM.
jdny516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
SJZach

My Ride: orient blue 325xi
Very Clean
SJZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
nice start, she is coming along nicely
all hail the mighty 323Ci
Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
jdny516

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJZach View Post
Very Clean
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
nice start, she is coming along nicely
all hail the mighty 323Ci
Thanks
Well she isn't what yours was! Now that was a sweet 323Ci.
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | Brushed Aluminum Interior |
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
clean You don't want to go with a mtech 2 front bumper?
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #6
jdny516

Quote:
Originally Posted by domcreates View Post
clean You don't want to go with a mtech 2 front bumper?
I haven't decided. I would like to get an ACS lip if possible
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #7
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Jon...thanks for the heads up on your project thread! Subscribed brother! Lookin' great!!!

Always glad to be of help The VMR CSL Reps will look awesome on your car Jon!!!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365AutoSports one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 03-20-2013 at 11:35 PM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Awesome work so far!! Love me some TiAg coupes Looking foreword to see what else you do!
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #9
jdny516

Added these to the list of upcoming upgrades:
OEM BMW Performance Rotors (ETA:~4 days) - Plan on upgrading to 330 brake system at some point . They were on sale so I had to scoop them up. (PM me if you want to know where I got them)

AFE Stage 2 ProDryS Intake System (ETA:~4 days) - It was on sale as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
Jon...thanks for the heads up on your project thread! Subscribed brother! Lookin' great!!!

Always glad to be of help The VMR CSL Reps will look awesome on your car Jon!!!
Thanks Charlie I am really tempted to get VMR's but would like to unload the ACS if possible before. (If anyone is interested, let me know!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt View Post
Awesome work so far!! Love me some TiAg coupes Looking foreword to see what else you do!
Thanks Matt, man those CSL's look too damn good on your car
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Last edited by jdny516; 03-22-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #10
jdny516

picking up my Mtech bumpers from Union Station

Just purchased an entire 330 brake system to do a brake swap. Calipers, carriers, lines, performance rotors, akebono pads etc

Picture before the snow came yesterday:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	497254  
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Last edited by jdny516; 03-28-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
jdny516

It's been a couple days while I've been waiting for a few goodies to arrive. Almost everything I have been waiting for came this week with the exception of my Eisenmann exhaust Still waiting, hopefully one more week!

Well on with it. So I ordered an MtechII Rear and MtechII Sideskirts from Umintza on March 10th, to my surprise they said it was already shipped out on March 18th (after painting). All was going well so far. March 25th rolls around, and nothing from the tracking system (Greyhound - which I suggest to never use to ANYONE) Apparently no one picks up the phone at greyhound, and Umintza was of no use. After a couple back and forth emails and phone calls, I see on the tracking system my bumpers arrived in Washington DC. Umintza told me they were at Union Station. Not a far drive from my apartment, but with DC traffic you never know, so I went Friday night at 10pm. Walk in, greyhound rep says "we dont have packages here, you have to go to Silver Spring, MD" - So obviously I am upset, and leave. Have to pay $7 to leave parking lot when I was there for only 15mins.

Woke up this morning early to get a run in before my adventure to Silver Spring, MD which is about 30-45min depending on traffic. Drive up, its this little shady greyhound place, bums sleeping all around the parking lot. To my surprise the rep was really nice and helpful. Said the package was right outside in the POD container. Opened it up, helped me load it into the van to take back. Drive back to Arlington:

Took me about an hour to get all of the packaging off the damn bumpers and sideskirts. Who ever packaged it used probably 100 USPS priority boxes and 10 rolls of tape Would've definitely been easier to just use a rectangular box. After unwrapping I inspected the bumpers, and only one little nick, I am trying to stay positive here and say that it made a cross country trip in one piece still. Dont mind the last picture with the diffuser not clipped in, I just placed it on the bumper to show you.

I hope to have these installed in the upcoming week or so when I get the extra time, for now they will just be sitting in my living room.

I decided to do a 330 brake system swap on my 323 and was able to source everything I need on the classifieds. Big thanks to wrecklessfool (Jason), I was able to get some really nice 330 calipers, carriers, stainless steel lines, akebono pads, and OEM Performance rotors (front and rears) We had a little hiccup with the shipping, but in less than 24 hrs everything was cleared up. One of his buddies made the 4 hour trip up from VA Beach to deliver me the packages. They were f'ing heavy! I'd say about 125lbs all together. Superb communication and packaging by Jason. Thanks again bro.

Early this week, I bought an AFE stage 2 ProDryS system off Turner because they were having a sale. Thanks fellas

Anyone else say that the fitment is really snug?? Also, the rear silver clap that goes next to the MAF doesn't make sense to me. Why would you tighten down plastic from the elbow tube?? Nevertheless, took her for a drive today, and WOW the sound difference is night and day. I know there is much debate about CAI actual performance gains but it was on sale and I dont mind adding some engine bling Can't wait to here it paired with the Eisenmann in a few weeks!

That is all for now.
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Jon....glad to see the 330 brake calipers got to you intact! Your project is coming along nicely!!! Keep it up bro
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365AutoSports one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #13
jdny516

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
Jon....glad to see the 330 brake calipers got to you intact! Your project is coming along nicely!!! Keep it up bro
Thanks Charlie I got a few more things cooking in my brain for the upcoming months.
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #14
srbija 328i

My Ride: has 262k miles
very nice transformation
Old 04-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #15
jdny516

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbija 328i View Post
very nice transformation
Appreciate it. Hopefully I can get everything on in the upcoming week or so

Only things still pending are:
Eisenmann Exhaust
Coby Wheel
Hopefully in the next week I'll receive both
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Last edited by jdny516; 04-01-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #16
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
super nice...
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #17
BringsMeWomen

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Nice cant wait to see the mtech 2 stuff go on
BringsMeWomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #18
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringsMeWomen View Post
Can't wait as well!! Its gonna look so
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #19
jdny516

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnekkon View Post
super nice...
Thanks dj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringsMeWomen View Post
Me too, it's hard passing them in my living room the past couple days. I might be able to get the side skirts on this weekend. I need to get a T50 screwdriver to remove the rear I think. I may just buy an entire torx head set, I'm sure I'll need a T10/T20 for the steering wheel swap coming up soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt View Post
Can't wait as well!! Its gonna look so
Anticipation is building, especially the mtech being paired with the eisenmann
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #20
jdny516

Here is the tracking for the Eisenmann Exhaust. It will be here on Monday! So after 50 days of patiently waiting, it'll finally be here. I was hoping it would be by tomorrow because I plan on installing the Mtech rear and sideskirts this weekend (Sunday), along with the front 330 brake swap. I'll be doing the rears another weekend since a little more goes into it.

Also, waiting for Mike to finish up my steering wheel re-wrap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tracking.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	499854  
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace

My Progress Thread